Votes: 143 52.0%
  • I'm not voting...

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bismarck has Asian massage parlors now. Hmm must be that devils lettuce spreading evil again.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You do know that the stuff you were smoking prior to writing your post is still illegal in ND

Serious question to see how well you can leave emotions out of facts , Do you think the last stop sign you rolled through was breaking a law any less than grandma drinking illegal weed tea for her cataracts ?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Serious question to see how well you can leave emotions out of facts , Do you think the last stop sign you rolled through was breaking a law any less than grandma drinking illegal weed tea for her cataracts ?

Apples and oranges - Rolling through a stop sign would be a non-criminal traffic offense while possessing illegal drugs would be a criminal offense and if granny had enough "weed tea" it could be a felony so yes there is a difference and is why the penalties reflect that

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds fair give grandma a felony and get a cheap twirl down at the Asian massage parlor in Bismarck.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds fair give grandma a felony and get a cheap twirl down at the Asian massage parlor in Bismarck.

" Serious question to see how well you can leave emotions out of facts "

Grandma made the conscious decision to break the law knowing the penalties if caught.

You must be searching for or visiting different sites than I do if you are seeing adds for Asian massage parlors because all I am seeing is tire adds.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are Asian massage parlors operating in Bismarck right now. There is so much happening in ND right under everyone’s nose but they cant smell it.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are Asian massage parlors operating in Bismarck right now. There is so much happening in ND right under everyone’s nose but they cant smell it.

Are they illegal? I am not following your #3 and Asian massage parlor connection

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't roll through stop signs. Why do you assume people do that?

Dave C I completely agree with you on the gov over reach. Someone said ( a few pages back) they never met a politician that didn't think his crap didn't stink. I can name a couple, but he would be right 99% of the time. However voting for something that will degrade our state is not a good way to get even with the politicians. Override them with something good that they don't want.

I have to shake my head when I remember the High Fence debates. Many people on here now use the arguments I did, and in contrast to the arguments they used then. Interesting how it appears they use whatever gets what they want. So many said if it's the law leave it alone. So which is it the law should be changed or the law should stand? If it's legal it's good? If it's illegal it's still good? At least be consistent.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you suggesting that I should send an anonymous tip to the city of Bismarck regarding Asian massage parlors?

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many of the NO guys turn to YES if just a few small restrictions are proposed with this thing? Let's say only smokeable in your home? Anyplace where someone else has to smell it gets a fine? If this gets passed I think lawmkers still get to reign this in quite a bit before folks get to light up.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't roll through stop signs. Why do you assume people do that?

Dave C I completely agree with you on the gov over reach. Someone said ( a few pages back) they never met a politician that didn't think his crap didn't stink. I can name a couple, but he would be right 99% of the time. However voting for something that will degrade our state is not a good way to get even with the politicians. Override them with something good that they don't want.

Degrading to our state is your opinion not mine. M3 is our quickest path with the least resistance to MM and it's overriding them with something they don't want. They didn't ever want the people to have medical or they wouldn't have annihilated that measure. I still say the best of both worlds is to legalize, Tax and use the money to educate parents and kids and run the dogs in schools , Streets and events where kids hang out and scare drugs out of the hands of kids. Especially schools, And let the school system discipline the kids instead of LEO. You have to take something away so there is a trade off or the kids just might rebel and that's never a good thing. The only difference in our opinion is what you see as degrading , I see as a chance to try a different approach to the problem.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Are you suggesting that I should send an anonymous tip to the city of Bismarck regarding Asian massage parlors?

That's up to you. This goes along with the argument of sticking it to the legislature. Everyone like to complain but who does anything about it. If you think the legislators have an agenda seek ways to remove them. As was said before. Their our employees. Its OUR responsibility to make sure they are doing their job. I wasnt involved with m3 so I cant speak for their reason for submitting it but IMO i doubt it was to stick it to the legislature.
If you know of a known crime report it. If I knew of some establishment like this I would but that's me.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apples and oranges - Rolling through a stop sign would be a non-criminal traffic offense while possessing illegal drugs would be a criminal offense and if granny had enough "weed tea" it could be a felony so yes there is a difference and is why the penalties reflect that
One is a victimless crime, the other potentially deadly to innocent bystanders...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many of the NO guys turn to YES if just a few small restrictions are proposed with this thing? Let's say only smokeable in your home? Anyplace where someone else has to smell it gets a fine? If this gets passed I think lawmkers still get to reign this in quite a bit before folks get to light up.

<<<<<<<<<< This, Judging by what I have read on this topic If they stand behind their word I'd say close to 50% .

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Degrading to our state is your opinion not mine. M3 is our quickest path with the least resistance to MM and it's overriding them with something they don't want. They didn't ever want the people to have medical or they wouldn't have annihilated that measure. I still say the best of both worlds is to legalize, Tax and use the money to educate parents and kids and run the dogs in schools , Streets and events where kids hang out and scare drugs out of the hands of kids. Especially schools, And let the school system discipline the kids instead of LEO. You have to take something away so there is a trade off or the kids just might rebel and that's never a good thing. The only difference in our opinion is what you see as degrading , I see as a chance to try a different approach to the problem.

You put alot ov trust in a government you claim to not trust

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see as a chance to try a different approach to the problem.
I'm not saying this to anger you DC, but from my point of view it looks like your simply throwing in the towel and giving up.

My view of degrading is people who have a hard time dealing with life turning to MJ to bury their weaknesses. Also degrading in the number of added traffic deaths. Degrading from the point of view that there is a thin line between relaxed, laid back, and simply lazy. I can see less individual productivity, lack of responsibility, poor judgment etc. Some people are inclined to push the barriers just a little further, then further, then further.

We have a number of people in LE here now. It would be good to hear more from them, but some comments have already been made in an effort to shut them up. People often use alcohol as an excuse for their bad behavior. MJ will just be one more excuse. Yesterday I spent 14 hours transferring federal prisoners. If you listen to their conversation it's amazing they all have excuses. One was saying she was headed for the same prison her mother was released from a week earlier. It's depressing listening to them. We are losing ground every year, and legalizing MJ will accelerate the downward spiral of humanity. When we look at the problems in the world we have to ask ourselves if what we do is part of the solution or part of the problem.

What else should we roll over and give up on? Opioid legalization is just years behind MJ legalization. If your a true libertarian It's all personal choice and there is no need for any laws. Just think how few we would have in prison if we legalized all drugs, prostitution, murder. Sure that's hyperbole, but only to make a point.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57