Who Drinks Alcohol While Fishing?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Curious to know who drinks alcohol while out fishing. I rarely do, if I do it's one beer when someone else is operating the boat. Have buddy's that drink almost all the time when they are fishing. I think I don't because of dangers of drunk driving and the problems that come from that. I don't have a problem with it when it isn't too excessive. Just curiousity on my part.

Thanks

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Coffee in the morning and water in the afternoon for me. Alcohol makes me tired so if I have any it's at night.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't remember the last time I drank while running my boat.( and no its not cuz I had so much to drink.....) I look at it this way, Lower units are expensive. Rocks and trees break lower units. Alcohol impairs your ability to avoid said rocks and trees. If I hit rocks and trees and have to replace my lower unit, I won't be able to afford to fish or drink for a while. For me its just an either-or thing. Either your in control of the boat, or your drinking in the boat. Not both.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I RARELY buy my own beer for the boat. I'll occasionally bum one on a really hot day, but, for the most part I'm happy to wait until I'm on shore and done operating anything with a motor.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the rare Coors light on the boat. But a really hot day its really hard to beat lemonade and sweet tea.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've found that my new drink is Lipton diet citrus green tea. Fricken awesome and it's actually not too terribly bad for you so it works for me and my "diet"

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I rarely drink when fishing. Maybe one or two. even when I was in my 20's and went out drinking every weekend, I never drank on the boat. Shore fishing into the night or camping, now that's when I'll put some down. Mostly water on the boat now that I kicked Mt Dew. A little coffee to get started.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I rarely drink when fishing. Maybe one or two. even when I was in my 20's and went out drinking every weekend, I never drank on the boat. Shore fishing into the night or camping, now that's when I'll put some down. Mostly water on the boat now that I kicked Mt Dew. A little coffee to get started.

Oh man, Mountain Dew still has me by the balls.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I occasionally have one in the boat but only when its hot out. Its normally diet dew. Paddlefishing is another story that's usually fish for 5 min have a beer then repeat.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was the middle of summer, it was years ago, it was 95 degrees and no wind, had the lake to myself, the cooler was FULL of bud light, and by full I mean well over a case. Thought I'd have one cuz I was melting, I did not know I would have one cooler. #Rekt.............

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Depends on what i'm fishing for. Pan fish/bass...drink up. I never drink while walleye fishing just because I can't keep focus if I have drink. I'm one of those guys who barely talks when I'm fishing, particularly if I know there are fish in the area and I have yet to find them or we are fishing really good water on the river and not catching anything. Stick n' move. Stick n' move.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Almost never. However, if I take someone else muddin' and show them a spot, it's usually only big enough for one guy. Then I might sit back with a cold one and watch the show. It's really cool to see even a grown mans face light up when they set the hook on a nice walleye they didn't expect to catch and kids are even better.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I'm fishing past the morning bite absolutely.
An ice cold blue yummy just taste better in the boat.
I don't if I am driving home from the lake, but while camping you bet.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two blue buschies and two bottles of water. If I'm not driving, it might get messy. If I'm ice fishing at the permy, it gets real messy. I'm young enough where I still like to party and don't feel too terrible the next day.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Depends on what i'm fishing for. Pan fish/bass...drink up. I never drink while walleye fishing just because I can't keep focus if I have drink. I'm one of those guys who barely talks when I'm fishing, particularly if I know there are fish in the area and I have yet to find them or we are fishing really good water on the river and not catching anything. Stick n' move. Stick n' move.

You must be a lot of fun to fish with ;)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74