Who Drinks Alcohol While Fishing?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love my beer, but cannot remember the last time I had even 2 beers while fishing.

After the fish are cleaned? Now that's a different story.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta admit, I love that this site isn't hypocrisy driven. :D

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alcohol while in the boat? No way! Of course, I spent many years when the smallest lake I fished was Leech Lake, MN.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Having a few, (3 or 4) in a day of fishing is really like drinking water. Not talking about pounding done a 30 pack, which I have been known to do to, if I'm not the boat captain.
Grandpa would drink all day long, took more time to clean out the empties than the fish. Nothing about drinking in the boat makes or breaks your catching of fish.
#bunchofnondrinkingworrywarts

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drinking is for AFTER fishing, during cleaning and etc or winding down. I don't drink in the boat either, only if the boat owner offer/lets us, but I usually don't.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
never, when I have tried the open drink goes to waste because I usually take one sip, set it down, and then get too focused on the fishing to remember I even had it....now after fishing is a different story.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back in the day the boat rules were first fish after 9 am and we usually ready for one by then . Now days, The first couple sips are ok but pretty much have to force myself to drink the rest of it. Must be the sloshing around and slow consumption time that makes it taste bad.

Last edited:

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Completely circumstantial for me. In the right situation when we're pleasure cruising I'll have some. Fishing....I just forget about my drink after a few sips. I get lazy when I drink anyway, so I'm not a fan if I'm trying to put fish in the boat.

Colonel Angus

Founding Member
Founding Member
The cooler always has some in it just in case. Usually prefer a gatorade/powerade or water though (something you can put the cap back on and stick it back in the cooler). Seems like I'm too busy running the boat and end up wasting a half a can because it gets warm or flat. Now shore fishing is a different story.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
The cooler always has some in it just in case. Usually prefer a gatorade/powerade or water though (something you can put the cap back on and stick it back in the cooler). Seems like I'm too busy running the boat and end up wasting a half a can because it gets warm or flat. Now shore fishing is a different story.

My wife bought some bud light with screw on caps, but it didn't seem right to drink out of, but in a boat might not be a bad idea.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
guywhofishesanddrinksicecoldbrewswhiledoingso ? new handle for you?

if the shoe fits...

it's usually 1 to 4 high quality brews these day - I have no desire to go volume anymore (and the resulting whizzing over the side every 15 minutes screws up fishing)

when I was into volume (shooting carp especially) it was old school Budweiser all the way - none of this lite business

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69