Devils Lake folks

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fished devils lake last weekend. I rarely get out there. I had always had the assumption, for some reason, that the crowd out there was a little snobby, but I talked to many anglers at the ramp and at the cleaning station, and campground over the weekend, and I was impressed. Everyone was friendly, and wanted to talk fishing.

Curious if anyone else has had this stigma about DL folk? I currently can't wait to get back out that way. The fishing was great too

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I had 1 unpleasant moment at DL. I wasn't aware of the resort rules. Some peoe got mad that we walked thru their camp site to get to some friends site. Seemed a little rediculous but I understood.

Other than that it has been great people. Fun times.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had 1 unpleasant moment at DL. I wasn't aware of the resort rules. Some peoe got mad that we walked thru their camp site to get to some friends site. Seemed a little rediculous but I understood.

Other than that it has been great people. Fun times.

Vollmer, would you walk through a complete strangers property in your neighborhood, who you did not know. I'm assuming, they thought you to be a person scoping the place out. Regardless, I don't believe he was being ridiculous. JMO

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I should clarify. I didn't stroll right thru their site. I walked the edge between 2 sites.

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most everyone are pretty easy going. We were on some good fish on Sunday. Another boat came up to our area we were fishing. We thought we were going to get crowded. But the they didn't. They fished down the lake a little way down shore. We got our limit and yielded to them. Gave them a wave. Hoped they did well. A lot of times people come barreling in. These guys had class!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most everyone are pretty easy going. We were on some good fish on Sunday. Another boat came up to our area we were fishing. We thought we were going to get crowded. But the they didn't. They fished down the lake a little way down shore. We got our limit and yielded to them. Gave them a wave. Hoped they did well. A lot of times people come barreling in. These guys had class!

I knew it was because the fish were biting Big Thumbs Up
Thanks for the Good post

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The problem with devils lake is all the mn jackasses and sconis. The NDGF needs to put up checkpoints on hwy2, I-94, and I-29.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The problem with devils lake is all the mn jackasses and sconis. The NDGF needs to put up checkpoints on hwy2, I-94, and I-29.

Then who will pull me out when I get hung up on a pressure ridge out in the middle of know where. Lol Enslow and his gang of minuteman protecting our north dakota wildlife.
Just pulling your chain
I think we need to have a designated member post on other fish websites and tell them there are NO fish left in North dakota( except carp and gold eye oh and white suckers). Go east plenty to go around. Thanks Enslow you made my day

- - - Updated - - -

Then who will pull me out when I get hung up on a pressure ridge out in the middle of know where. Lol Enslow and his gang of minuteman protecting our north dakota wildlife.
Just pulling your chain
I think we need to have a designated member post on other fish websites and tell them there are NO fish left in North dakota( except carp and gold eye oh and white suckers). Go east plenty to go around. Thanks Enslow you made my day

(wow someone gave me a bad rep for this post- I was kidding

freiday31

Founding Member
Founding Member
We actually had a run in with a park ranger at Graham's Island last year. We were fishing two boats. Myself and a fellow NoDaker in one and two MA's in the other. First day there we had 9 in our livewell and buddies had 4. A big storm rolled in, so we headed back to the campground. We arrived to clean our fish, and this ranger was there. He looked at our fish and started talking about all these out of staters that were double dipping and how there were secret game wardens out on the lake, so people better be careful. Didn't think much of it, just seemed a little weird. After the weather cleared, we headed back out fishing. Had a blast catching fish the rest of the afternoon. When we headed back in, we went to the cleaning station, us with our 1 fish and our buddies with their 6 fish. This ranger came up to us and laid the whole double dipping thing on us again and pointed out a gentleman cleaning fish and stated that he was a game warden and that people double dipping should be careful. We finished cleaning our fish and headed back for some Windsor 7's and some supper. The Minnesota boys were discussing the situation and that it felt like they were criminals for catching some fish and using the cleaning station twice.

After a couple of beverages, I just couldn't stew anymore. I headed to the office to talk to the ranger. I told him that I didn't appreciate the situation at the cleaning station that day. I informed him that he is a ND State employee and an ambassador for not only Graham's Island, but for the whole state. I also explained that I would never treat customers at the campground we manage like he treated us. I invited him back to our camp to check our freezers and coolers if he would like to and that I didn't like be accused of breaking the law. I asked for his badge number and informed him that we may file a complaint about his conduct with the State. Every time I walked in to the office the rest of the week, he walked out. It was awesome. Heading back to DL this weekend, staying at Woodlands. I know Kyle will treat us with class and respect.

Mocha

Founding Member
Founding Member

I am sure 100% of all N Dakotans are perfectly honest and friendly. Like your self!
ND probably did not have this problem 25-30 years ago during the drought years.... oh thats right thats because ND plates came flooding across the boarder to MN. Ya its all the ND jackasses that have broken all the rules and regs in and depleted all the lakes in MN. With all the ND cabin owners ruining our lakes and rivers I am surprised that MN has not put gates up at the Red River to keep the ND riff raft out.

Now I ask you which statement is the most ridiculous?

I grew up in ND and now live in MN. You can find good people everywhere along with the not so good.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
hey enslow.
i killed about 60 coyotes in Nodak last winter (no fish though).
ya gonna give me a thumbs up for saving a bunch of fawns and game birds??

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think like everywhere in this world, the majority of people are just fine but there will always be a couple of dickheads thrown in too.

I also think everybody should try hunting or fishing out of state once in awhile just to know what it's like to not be the local.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74