Toby

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will say the same thing I wrote on FBO outdoors thread wheh the "new rules" came out.

people don't come to these websites to just talk hunting and fishing. I see no problem adding toby in however if he tries to make everyone PC, agree all the time, zero confrontation, zero disagreements, this site wont last any longer than FBO did. hell the disagreements are half the fun. shit I disagree with people on this site but don't take any personal offense to any of it. like I wrote on the infamous thread my brother is my hunter partner and best friend, there is times I would love to drop kick him in the head......point being I still drink beer with the guy. I can personally say if toby ends up moderating like he did over there we might as well start saying our goodbye's.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't quite understand the love-fest for Toby all of a sudden.

That being said, I think anyone should be able to join and let the reputation system go to work if need be. I think the rep system has already stopped a few things from getting out of hand already.

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
as long as he can endure the sarcastic comments that some will be giving him, it's fine with me. I didn't mind getting band, and some of his rants were entertaining. Lets all HUG:;:cheers

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't quite understand the love-fest for Toby all of a sudden.

That being said, I think anyone should be able to join and let the reputation system go to work if need be. I think the rep system has already stopped a few things from getting out of hand already.

;:;funnypost

I guess right away I thought this whole thread was possibly a practical joke Volmer came up with this fine Friday morning. It still could be. The flip side is, if he's serious, Toby was fine until he was given power and was told to do a job. He may have went about that job all wrong, but he probably didn't know any better.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I hate to even chime in on this, but I have run a few site through the years and in my experience, I have never heard of a moderator having the power to ban, much less a newer mod. That's not a mods job. Those decisions always go to the site admin(s) and owner(s).

Toby would not be a mod. He would write articles.

I did like his articles, and I believe in 2nd chances, and quite frankly, I just can't believe that he was pulling those triggers.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
We all have bigger fish to fry and we have butthurt butter.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like it. Toby is a good writer. I also agree that there were higher ups that ultimately ruined FBO. With all the anti FBO threads lately this would kind of be anouther big FU to FBO.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe this is Vollmer getting closer to admitting he is Toby!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
We all have bigger fish to fry and we have butthurt butter.

The original butthurt butter.... With desensitizing ingredients, for your comfort! 31Bm5fsZZtL.jpg

Maybe we should give some to Toby as a welcoming gift, he might need it.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh I figure the Tobster's going to take some lumps upon his arrival, but when you F-up on a scale not yet capable of being measured, one has to expect the return trip from no mans land to have a few shots to the shoulder along the way. He'll get over it, but can some on here "Let it the F go"? Time will tell.

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm all about second chances. Give the guy a shot and see what happens.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Umm not sure this will end well but sure bring him back I'll watch the show for a while

- - - Updated - - -

I think there are some people that are still mad at him and would really like to let him have it now that he's not a mod, but maybe not either? We will find out I guess

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
holy poo. bring him on! this is better than xmas!
(if you value your site, never EVER>>>>>>>EVERRRRRRRR let him moderate, in any capacity..........like, never ever)

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha I wonder how he feels to single handedly bring down the tristates biggest outdoor website for the last ten years??

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Umm not sure this will end well but sure bring him back I'll watch the show for a while

- - - Updated - - -

I think there are some people that are still mad at him and would really like to let him have it now that he's not a mod, but maybe not either? We will find out I guess

genius!! I like that!

- - - Updated - - -

Haha I wonder how he feels to single handedly bring down the tristates biggest outdoor website for the last ten years??

haha that awesome!.................that comment would have singly handedly gotten you banded on FBO

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not so sure it's up to us to decide whether a guy is allowed to join a site that is essentially open to the public anyway. I will say the guy has great info and articles. They are the kind of read that when a guy wakes up thinking "I have so much to get done today" it can turn it into "screw it, going fishing again." In fact I might do just that right now. I guess what surprises me is why would he want to jump in to this? I understand a guy's passion for things but this can't be the only outlet. I'm a firm believer that it takes balls to be successful and sounds like he's got that covered. Good for him, welcome aboard if he so chooses.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
did he have a drinking problem, seemed like I remember a time when he went off, and it was a boozing issue.

Drunk posts are fun, its like trying to read svnmags posts sober

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I Say let him in. He is.not moderating so if some thing.goes pear.shaped the rep system will take care of it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 53
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18