No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 8
      Given: 0
      I just tell them that I dont care what they did Im going to find them guilty!!!
      Works every time ! I dont vote either ! There is no one person I have ever seen fit to vote for !!! Lots of douche bags with lots of money and no common sense!!!!! Merica!!!!!

0 Not allowed!

2. Back To Top    #62
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,280
      Given: 1,286
      In talking with the person who runs the juror pool, they get prospective jurors from multiple sources. Voting is only one of them.

I too just finished a few months ago with the federal jury standby. Just make sure if you plan on being out of the area to let them know in advance and you'll be excused from jury duty. I took my kids to Glacier and had no issues with getting excused for a vacation.

0 Not allowed!
      "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

3. Back To Top    #63
      Gold Member
      Calling Coyotes

Mood:
      WTF!?

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 325
      Given: 1,736
      Quote Originally Posted by Pheasant 54 View Post
      I served on a fairly minor drug case in 2018, we found the guy innocent in about 5 minutes of deliberation . All of us got cornered as we were leaving asking how we found him innocent, which I didn't feel was appropriate
      I am assuming it was by the states attorney? This sounds awfully shady

0 Not allowed!

4. Back To Top    #64
      Silver Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 53
      Given: 0
      Exactly who it was

1 Not allowed!

5. Back To Top    #65
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Quote Originally Posted by MuleyMadness View Post
      I am assuming it was by the states attorney? This sounds awfully shady
      After a criminal assault trial that I served as the jury foreman (they actually use a different term, but I don't remember it offhand) both the prosecuting attorney and defense attorney caught up to me outside the courtroom and they took turns asking me questions about what we thought was important and how they presented their cases. It was really a no-brainer for us on the jury, the prosecutor didn't really have squat for evidence (no witness as the victims couldn't even ID their attacker) but the defense attorney stupidly put his client on the stand and he actually confessed to assaulting the two victims. So it was easy to find the guy guilty of the assault charge. What we couldn't find him guilty of though was the more serious charge of using a weapon. I suspect he did, but without proof there were no jurors leaning towards it.

In the end, the dude was a POS who got at least some time out of his misadventures.

2 Not allowed!
      "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

6. Back To Top    #66
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,377
      Given: 2,683
      The case i served on was a burglary/breaking and entering issue. Throughout the trial something didnt seem right about the whole thing. You knew damn well the guy was in the place. But the DA wasnt playing all his cards you could tell. They found DNA and never disclosed what they found even though the perp said when asked that they would find his DNA there. He was a former employee of the company he broke into. Well my son is a cop and after the trial I quizzed him about it because there were so many holes in the whole thing. He told me they had him dead to rights in the place with DNA and all but the damn DAs office has such a bad habit of not providing evidence to the defense in a timely matter that the judge finally made an example out of him. So the guy basically walked.

0 Not allowed!

7. Back To Top    #67
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,302
      Given: 2,140
      Sounds like the rez lol

I got my wife to vote once, one time and THE ONLY time she ever voted. She got called for jury duty 7 months later LOL.

0 Not allowed!

8. Back To Top    #68
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,286
      Given: 3,422
      With the technology we have today it would be cool if a person could serve on a jury VIA interactive video conferencing. Makes sense to have jurors from another region serve on a jury.

0 Not allowed!
      United we stand Divided we fall.

9. Back To Top    #69
      Bronze Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 59
      Given: 82
      I served one time. Kind of knew the kid and came in with a predetermined guilty verdict. The county did such a shitty job of proving their case that I found myself arguing for a not guilty verdict. Doubt that he didn't do it, but the prosecution has to at least try to make him look guilty. Everyone involved should have been fired.

0 Not allowed!

10. Back To Top    #70
      Ultimate VIP Member
      Enjoying Life

Mood:
      Happy

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,340
      Given: 11,548
      Quote Originally Posted by eyexer View Post
      The case i served on was a burglary/breaking and entering issue. Throughout the trial something didn’t seem right about the whole thing. You knew damn well the guy was in the place. But the DA wasn’t playing all his cards you could tell. They found DNA and never disclosed what they found even though the perp said when asked that they would find his DNA there. He was a former employee of the company he broke into. Well my son is a cop and after the trial I quizzed him about it because there were so many holes in the whole thing. He told me they had him dead to rights in the place with DNA and all but the damn DA’s office has such a bad habit of not providing evidence to the defense in a timely matter that the judge finally made an example out of him. So the guy basically walked.

Darn scary profession to be in since Obummer was in office.
      Thank him for his service if you would be so kind!

1 Not allowed!
      God, Family, Country, Green Bay Packers!

Johnny 7

11. Back To Top    #71
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Quote Originally Posted by Davey Crockett View Post
      With the technology we have today it would be cool if a person could serve on a jury VIA interactive video conferencing. Makes sense to have jurors from another region serve on a jury.
      The problem is you have to be sequestered and are not allowed to discuss the case during the trial. Not even to other jurors until you are sent to deliberate.

0 Not allowed!

12. Back To Top    #72
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,286
      Given: 3,422
      Quote Originally Posted by eyexer View Post
      The problem is you have to be sequestered and are not allowed to discuss the case during the trial. Not even to other jurors until you are sent to deliberate.
      Seems like they could potentially pick a jury that is spread out across the US with very little chance that jurors know each other and without contact information so recorded IVC being the only way to communicate. When I was on a jury many years ago our spokesperson on the jury was a classmate and a good friend, We didn't communicate about the case then and after all these years we still never have but we easily could have.

- - - Updated - - -

Just seems to me that it would probably be more of a fair trial if the jurors were in their comfort zone. When I served it was not a major case and one thing we all agreed on is that this case was a grudge match with nothing to win but pride and a way to get even but there were differences in opinion among the jury during deliberation , I was missing out on oilfield wages and didn't want to be there so I pretty much went along with the flow and did what I could make it quick and speedy.

0 Not allowed!
      United we stand Divided we fall.

13. Back To Top    #73
      Ultimate VIP Member
      Winter, huh.

Mood:
      Meh

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 6,797
      Given: 3,020
      Classifieds
      What I find interesting is that they summon you by mail, but not certified mail. If you keep throwing the thing in the trash how would they prove you got the thing? It sure wouldn't stand up in court;-)

1 Not allowed!

14. Back To Top    #74
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ahab View Post
      What I find interesting is that they summon you by mail, but not certified mail. If you keep throwing the thing in the trash how would they prove you got the thing? It sure wouldn't stand up in court;-)
      interesting you bring that up. We almost had to delay the trial because half the pool didn’t show up because they no longer lived here in the oil patch. They had to phone up alternates and get thing to come in. Delayed jury selection till late in the day

0 Not allowed!

15. Back To Top    #75
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ahab View Post
      The last several times I've received a jury notice, there was a registration process/questionnaire. I'm guessing that since each juror gets a unique number that some type of follow-up contact would come your way if you don't return the questionnaire or register online.

0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234