SB 2315 - In Cmte 3/14 - ACTION REQUIRED!

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Last edited:

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, hunting as we know it in ND hinges on this vote. I encourage you all to email again so they know where we stand. The vote will be soon.

mkadams@nd.gov,
bertanderson@nd.gov,
dickanderson@nd.gov,
pkanderson@nd.gov,
tbeadle@nd.gov,
rcbecker@nd.gov,
lbellew@nd.gov,
jblum@nd.gov,
tboe@nd.gov,
gdbosch@nd.gov,
jboschee@nd.gov,
mbrandenburg@nd.gov,
rbuffalo@nd.gov,
cdamschen@nd.gov,
jdelzer@nd.gov,
bdevlin@nd.gov,
gdobervich@nd.gov,
jddockter@nd.gov,
meidson@nd.gov,
sertelt@nd.gov,
cfegley@nd.gov,
jayfisher@nd.gov,
jgrueneich@nd.gov,
rguggisberg@nd.gov,
lbhager@nd.gov,
krhanson@nd.gov,
phatlestad@nd.gov,
cheadland@nd.gov,
pdheinert@nd.gov,
rholman@nd.gov,
jahoverson@nd.gov,
mchowe@nd.gov,
craigjohnson@nd.gov,
djohnson@nd.gov,
marycjohnson@nd.gov,
dljohnston@nd.gov,
tbjones@nd.gov,
tkading@nd.gov,
kkarls@nd.gov,
jkasper@nd.gov,
gkeiser@nd.gov,
kkempenich@nd.gov,
dhkiefert@nd.gov,
lklemin@nd.gov,
bkoppelman@nd.gov,
kkoppelman@nd.gov,
gkreidt@nd.gov,
vrlaning@nd.gov,
mlefor@nd.gov,
dlongmuir@nd.gov,
sclouser@nd.gov,
jmagrum@nd.gov,
amarschall@nd.gov,
bmartinson@nd.gov,
amcwilliams@nd.gov,
lmeier@nd.gov,
amitskog@nd.gov,
crmock@nd.gov,
dmonson@nd.gov,
mrnathe@nd.gov,
jonelson@nd.gov,
menelson@nd.gov,
eobrien@nd.gov,
mowens@nd.gov,
bpaulson@nd.gov,
gpaur@nd.gov,
cpollert@nd.gov,
tkporter@nd.gov,
bpyle@nd.gov,
dwrichter@nd.gov,
sroersjones@nd.gov,
kmrohr@nd.gov,
druby@nd.gov,
mruby@nd.gov,
masanford@nd.gov,
blsatrom@nd.gov,
mischatz@nd.gov,
aschauer@nd.gov,
jeschmidt@nd.gov,
mschneider@nd.gov,
rschobinger@nd.gov,
cschreiberbeck@nd.gov,
lsimons@nd.gov,
kskroch@nd.gov,
vsteiner@nd.gov,
mstrinden@nd.gov,
nptoman@nd.gov,
wtrottier@nd.gov,
btveit@nd.gov,
smvetter@nd.gov,
dwvigesaa@nd.gov,
rweisz@nd.gov,
gwestlind@nd.gov,
dzubke@nd.gov

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unless I have not heard where are the state and national conservation and Hunter organizations? Once the hunters are gone where are they going to get their funding?

Funny you mention that. Delta Waterfowl, which is home based in Bismarck and has always touted that they are the "Voice for ducks and duck hunters" has been absolutely mute on this topic.

My hunch is it's because they've pushed hard for this "Walking Wetlands" initiative, which basically pays farmers not to drain their seasonal and semi-permanent wetlands. Suddenly backing their true constituents by coming out against a proposed law that will forever change the face of hunting in North Dakota kind of flies in the face of whatever progress they made. I messaged them a bit ago and crickets. Now that it's further along, still crickets.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
One thing I’ve learned is I will never again give my money to an org of any kind. The only common denominator is to make sure more money keeps coming in for them. Aka special interest groups. I’ll just use my votes and my extra money accordingly.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Conservation groups opposing 2315. I know ND Wildlife Federation has been actively opposing this bill. Big time. United Sportsmen also sent a letter to all members to contact the House opposing. DU, Delta, and NDBHA testified against the bill too at the first hearing. Same with some of the county wildlife clubs. The ND Sportfishing Congress is considering it and may have moved to oppose already but not sure on that.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Conservation groups opposing 2315. I know ND Wildlife Federation has been actively opposing this bill. Big time. United Sportsmen also sent a letter to all members to contact the House opposing. DU, Delta, and NDBHA testified against the bill too at the first hearing. Same with some of the county wildlife clubs. The ND Sportfishing Congress is considering it and may have moved to oppose already but not sure on that.

(Slow clap)

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t pay dues yearly to go to a damn banquet and get drunk although I do that. I thought these orgs actually did stuff. Guess not

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
(Slow clap)

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t pay dues yearly to go to a damn banquet and get drunk although I do that. I thought these orgs actually did stuff. Guess not
Tricky road to go down for those orgs. They rely on private landowners to partner with on these conservation projects since they cannot buy their own land and many public land opportunities have already been done. They already pissed off some with measure 5 so they don’t want to make it worse.

I myself don’t think I will support DU or Delta going forward if they are going to be spending money on private land that is not open to the public for hunting. Their policies better change otherwise they will lose a ton of supporters.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tricky road to go down for those orgs. They rely on private landowners to partner with on these conservation projects since they cannot buy their own land and many public land opportunities have already been done. They already pissed off some with measure 5 so they don’t want to make it worse.

I myself don’t think I will support DU or Delta going forward if they are going to be spending money on private land that is not open to the public for hunting. Their policies better change otherwise they will lose a ton of supporters.

IT seems that more and more the only conservation org with our back is Pheasants Forever.

tb58554

Emails sent. It is especially important for those who live urban areas to contact their legislators. If they vote in the interests of their constituents, city dwellers should prevail.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Email sent again for fifth time. I have had NO response from representatives in my legislative District 30 (Nathe and Bosch) on any of the correspondence relating to this bill. That is Bull $hit.

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
IT seems that more and more the only conservation org with our back is Pheasants Forever.

They voted to remain neutral. As a long-time PF guy and a former chapter president, I was pretty bummed - but they too are heavily involved in private land initiatives, and these are their inroads, so it's understandable - plus they don't have the presence or sway like in MN at the state level. It's the local/state groups that are making the difference in this fight and that's who the burden has fallen to, so if you have a local gun club, sportsman's group or NDWF affiliate standing up and voicing for sportsmen, consider putting your money toward them.

We need tons of private land initiatives to make better wildlife factories for ducks, pheasants and deer, but they aren't worth much when there's little public land to hunt around them. Habitat-Wildlife-Access. Lose one...lose all three in the long run. SB 2315 as it's written now with its "this or else" setup will kill access in this state, plain and simple. Since the same groups behind SB 2315 control new public land creation, the habitat side of the triangle is struggling too...

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They voted to remain neutral. As a long-time PF guy and a former chapter president, I was pretty bummed - but they too are heavily involved in private land initiatives, and these are their inroads, so it's understandable - plus they don't have the presence or sway like in MN at the state level. It's the local/state groups that are making the difference in this fight and that's who the burden has fallen to, so if you have a local gun club, sportsman's group or NDWF affiliate standing up and voicing for sportsmen, consider putting your money toward them.

We need tons of private land initiatives to make better wildlife factories for ducks, pheasants and deer, but they aren't worth much when there's little public land to hunt around them. Habitat-Wildlife-Access. Lose one...lose all three in the long run. SB 2315 as it's written now with its "this or else" setup will kill access in this state, plain and simple. Since the same groups behind SB 2315 control new public land creation, the habitat side of the triangle is struggling too...

Pretty sad state of affairs when one needs incentives to maybe try to help wildlife a bit. My grandpa who farmed for 40 years around max is turning in his grave. Stewards of the land is laughable at best now

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member

They are in the same boat. Do their projects open up the land to the public for hunting? They are pretty much the same kind of .org as DU except for pheasants. It is disappointing to hear that they are neutral.

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t worry Ag week has a story on this bill. They are trying to sell it as a balance between hunters and landowners.

Then there is this gem :
https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/government-and-politics/4595696-north-dakota-legislature-weighs-balancing-hunting-landowner

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
[FONT=&quot]Another follow up from Rep. Beck. Seems to me likes it another "we gotta pass the bill to see whats in it" Pathetic!!

Thank you for your email. Yes I have spoken with local landowners who would like all land closed without any exception for hunting but that is not what occurred in the amended version that was in the agricultural committee. The amended version 09 address the trespass issues and the existing laws continue regarding posting for hunting — nothing has changed for hunting. I can’t predict the recommendations from the land access committee but everyone will know by August 1, 2020. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Respectfully,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cynthia Schreiber-Beck [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]District 25 Representative[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Agriculture and Education Committees[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]cschreiberbeck@nd.gov[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mobile: 701-899-3232[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tri-State Aviation, Inc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1251 Pegasus Road[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wahpeton ND 58075[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Office: 701-642-5777[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]cindy@tri-stateaviation.com[/FONT]

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard back from one of my reps in just a few hours, here is what he said to me.

Chad,
Thank you for the email. SB2315 closes land for criminal trespass but leaves it open for hunting unless posted. The amendments remove the state wide electronic posting requirement. Send me me your phone number and I will call you and discuss it with you.

David Richter
ND House of Representatives
District 1, Williston ND

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I heard back from one of my reps in just a few hours, here is what he said to me.

Chad,
Thank you for the email. SB2315 closes land for criminal trespass but leaves it open for hunting unless posted. The amendments remove the state wide electronic posting requirement. Send me me your phone number and I will call you and discuss it with you.

David Richter
ND House of Representatives
District 1, Williston ND

Richter better read lines 14 to 24 on page 7 of this bill again. All private land is posted. Period.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Richter better read lines 14 to 24 on page 7 of this bill again. All private land is posted. Period.
can you link me that? He called me and talked for about twenty minutes. He is really trying to sell this as no loss whatsoever for hunters. Says as the bill sits now (version 9), everything is open to hunters unless posted. Everything is closed to criminal trespass. I asked him how they differentiate a criminal with a gun and hunting license that says he is hunting vs a real hunter. He said a criminal with a gun and hunting license that says he is a hunter is a hunter lol. Then he says there is the committee that has landowners group members and sportsmen's group members that will be getting together and by 2020 have to have things ironed out regarding the apps. If they can't iron out their differences and come to terms on this then everything is going to be closed to everything unless posted differently on an app. So I said gee, how convenient. The landowners want exactly that and all they have to do is stonewall to get it lol. He agreed that is a likely scenario. And he said the state is not going to fund the app or it's implementation. I asked who is then. He said nobody lol. WTF

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82