SB 2315 - In Cmte 3/14 - ACTION REQUIRED!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unless I have not heard where are the state and national conservation and Hunter organizations? Once the hunters are gone where are they going to get their funding?

You would think bha would be all over this to

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If I was a hunter with out land I would be a yes on this bill. Then do my home work and find a place to hunt. It will cut down on your competition. I have 9500 acres and put one sign back up 6 times last year. Funny thing is. After deer season the sign always stayed on the post? I guess I don’t care either way on this bill I just ordered hard steel signs and that should the driving all over every year to post.
Are you ok if I start a nonprofit group that raises money to buy land for our members to hunt on?

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now this seems to be a real case of "violation of property rights." How can anyone talk about loss of property rights when a property owner cannot sell their land to that highest bidder?
the special interests only care about "their" property rights. No one elses

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If I was a hunter with out land I would be a yes on this bill. Then do my home work and find a place to hunt. It will cut down on your competition. I have 9500 acres and put one sign back up 6 times last year. Funny thing is. After deer season the sign always stayed on the post? I guess I don’t care either way on this bill I just ordered hard steel signs and that should the driving all over every year to post.
Can I hunt on your land for waterfowl?

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now this seems to be a real case of "violation of property rights." How can anyone talk about loss of property rights when a property owner cannot sell their land to that highest bidder?

Welcome to the North Dakota mafia bureau, or as they like to be called, the farm bureau. Their goals are clearly stated in their mafia handbook, which isn't hard to find with a quick google search. That's just the tip of the iceberg. They want all lands automatically posted, which is why this shit bill exists. They also want what's left of the publicly owned North Dakota school lands sold...of course ONLY to existing agriculture operations. On top of that they want depredation from wildlife to be paid by the taxpayers.
Those are just a few of their goals and they have been very successful getting their politicians elected, like the ones we have today, including Kevin Cramer, to try to legislate their goals into reality. They are entrenched in this state.
Hopefully people are finally starting to figure this out. I just hope it's not too late. Elections always have and always will have consequences.

This is why I try to vote against anyone endorsed by the farm bureau. Their interests aren't anywhere close to mine.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Double edged sword then the prairie reserve comes in buys a shit ton of land put some yurts on it and close it to hunting happening in Montana right now

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Welcome to the North Dakota mafia bureau, or as they like to be called, the farm bureau. Their goals are clearly stated in their mafia handbook, which isn't hard to find with a quick google search. That's just the tip of the iceberg. They want all lands automatically posted, which is why this shit bill exists. They also want what's left of the publicly owned North Dakota school lands sold...of course ONLY to existing agriculture operations. On top of that they want depredation from wildlife to be paid by the taxpayers.
Those are just a few of their goals and they have been very successful getting their politicians elected, like the ones we have today, including Kevin Cramer, to try to legislate their goals into reality. They are entrenched in this state.
Hopefully people are finally starting to figure this out. I just hope it's not too late. Elections always have and always will have consequences.

This is why I try to vote against anyone endorsed by the farm bureau. Their interests aren't anywhere close to mine.
amen to that.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

I used to really like rinella but since selling out meateater to the cherin group and bringing that weasel Ben O’Brien on they have lost some credibility. The people living out there tell a way different story. I would like them to put some permanent easements across that place to keep accesseopen to the public land.. Long run I would bet in10 years there will be no hunting there as the coolness wears off to the hipster kids and all that is left are the animal welfare types and rich people who came from Cali

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
If sb2315 passes i think its time to write up legislation to change the anti-coorporate farm law to exclude purchases for wildlife in which public access would be perpetually allowed..... pretty hard to look your constituents in the eye if you voted no for it. At least itd put a spotlight on the cockroaches in the legislature. Or write a “new” law stating coorporations can buy land only if public hunting access is maintained. Again pretty hard to say no to this if some big outfit rolls up on 30k acres and according to our “new” state law can only purchase it if its open to hunting or fishing per new law. How many big ass corporations give two shits about hunting? If im a big wig coorporate farmer id be licking my chops on this sweetheart deal. Opening up nd to coorporate farming and all i gotta do is open all the land to hunters.... deal im in it for the giant farming anyhow..... slippery slope the farm beaurea is sliding on.... who loses in this scenerio? Oh yeah the family farmer...... this is what could happen when its all take and no give.

Last edited:

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I really try to like you Kurt but you make it damned difficult some times.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really try to like you Kurt but you make it damned difficult some times.

I would tell you the same thing to your face as I would type here. I have always had a problem saying something just to get some one to like me.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
these are weird times

social media, podcasts, politics, wildlife groups, ranching orgs, guides, commercialization, collectives, etc.

hunting was supposed to be a connection to the past, a way to get away from it all and connect w nature

it’s all so twisted and complicated now - so “foreign” to what I remember growing up with

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If sb2315 passes i think its time to write up legislation to change the anti-coorporate farm law to exclude purchases for wildlife in which public access would be perpetually allowed..... pretty hard to look your constituents in the eye if you voted no for it. At least itd put a spotlight on the cockroaches in the legislature. Or write a “new” law stating coorporations can buy land only if public hunting access is maintained. Again pretty hard to say no to this if some big outfit rolls up on 30k acres and according to our “new” state law can only purchase it if its open to hunting or fishing per new law. How many big ass corporations give two shits about hunting? If im a big wig coorporate farmer id be licking my chops on this sweetheart deal. Opening up nd to coorporate farming and all i gotta do is open all the land to hunters.... deal im in it for the giant farming anyhow..... slippery slope the farm beaurea is sliding on.... who loses in this scenerio? Oh yeah the family farmer...... this is what could happen when its all take and no give.

Problem solved!!! Maybe people will wake up if sb 2315 passes

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
these are weird times

social media, podcasts, politics, wildlife groups, ranching orgs, guides, commercialization, collectives, etc.

hunting was supposed to be a connection to the past, a way to get away from it all and connect w nature

it’s all so twisted and complicated now - so “foreign” to what I remember growing up with

In 1979 our public school had hunter safety class. My brother and cousin took their shotguns on the school bus.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Emails sent. If this is an important issue to you, please encourage your friends and family to contact their representatives.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 57
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 18