SB 2315 - In Cmte 3/14 - ACTION REQUIRED!

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep this and print it in the local paper next election.

Got this gem last night......*sigh*.......where to begin? Her condescending tone? Using kids as pawns to make laws? The always has been, always will be criminal activity that always seems to fall on hunters?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

To people who emailed me regarding 2315: this was the response I composed to an irate hunter but is suffices for all the emails I have received.

You have been misinformed about the bill — there is no decision out of committee at this point. But, in response, the real tragedy is what landowners have been subjected to by hunters who do not respect posted land. It includes dead livestock, livestock that when slaughter have shot or bullets in the meat so are rejected, runaway livestock, crop ruined, lawsuits when a hunter is injured, personal safety issues and I can go on and on. It is a privilege to be on private land yet hunters appear to think it is a right. Landowners have taken abuse beyond belief —- and with the current law the opportunity to prosecute offenders is limited. Please take a step back and recognize the situation. No matter what the the bill states, landowners have stated they will close/post their land because of the abuse.

__________________________________And may I add, young hunters have a different opinion — please read below and know that a group of “high school” hunters from Edgley ND attended a subcommittee meeting and those that hunted all indicated they asked permission to hunt plus related multiple problems with hunters who do not.

I am ———— from the Carson, North Dakota area. I am currently a freshman at North Dakota State University. Hunting has been a long time passion of mine. In hunter safety, I learned that it was right and just to ask the landowner for their permission to hunt on the land they own. Most of the landowners that allow me to hunt only simply want to who is on their land and what they are doing. I believe this bill is the answer to stop all the confusion between hunters and landowners.

This bill will allow us to close the gap between us hunters and landowners. I do not believe this will impact hunting in our great state. It is time we pass this bill SB 2315 it is the compromise that both parties are looking for. If we do not pass it tomorrow morning it will be back next legislative session.

As a young hunter, I encourage you to vote yes on SB 2315! I am looking forward to my drive out from Fargo in the morning to watch the vote happen in person. Please vote yes

--
Best Regards,

Respectfully,
Cynthia Schreiber-BeckDistrict 25 Representative
Agriculture and Education Committees
cschreiberbeck@nd.gov
Mobile: 701-899-3232
Tri-State Aviation, Inc.
1251 Pegasus Road
Wahpeton ND 58075
Office: 701-642-5777
cindy@tri-stateaviation.com

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Between her, the Lidgerwood rep and 'You just wish you were a man' Erbele it shows just how much we change we need to make in Bismarck.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just...wow. pathetic to me how she basically assumes all hunters are trespassers. Yeah, 1st thing i do when i arrive to a spot im going to hunt is whip some shittys, drive thru the fields and pop shots at cattle.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
cynthiaschreiberbeck.png

Cynthia definitely asks to speak to the manager

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need to clap back, but my blood pressure needs to go down first.

Between her, the Lidgerwood rep and 'You just wish you were a man' Erbele it shows just how much we change we need to make in Bismarck.

Unfortunately, most normal average joe folks in this state have jobs which dont allow them the luxury of taking a couple months off to serve in the legislature. You can use your imagination as to which group of citizens in our state have that sort of free time.....And we wonder why we see the things we do...

Wish I could send my wife off for a second paycheck over the winter months...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
her terse response to me

There is not 2315 at this time — please wait to weigh in until the committee has a bill to present

Respectfully,
Cynthia Schreiber-Beck
District 25 Representative
cschreiberbeck@nd.gov
Tri-State Aviation, Inc.
1251 Pegasus Road
Wahpeton ND 58075

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Send her this and tell her she is misinformed and should do her research https://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t53c08.pdf

Got this gem last night......*sigh*.......where to begin? Her condescending tone? Using kids as pawns to make laws? The always has been, always will be criminal activity that always seems to fall on hunters?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

To people who emailed me regarding 2315: this was the response I composed to an irate hunter but is suffices for all the emails I have received.

You have been misinformed about the bill — there is no decision out of committee at this point. But, in response, the real tragedy is what landowners have been subjected to by hunters who do not respect posted land. It includes dead livestock, livestock that when slaughter have shot or bullets in the meat so are rejected, runaway livestock, crop ruined, lawsuits when a hunter is injured, personal safety issues and I can go on and on. It is a privilege to be on private land yet hunters appear to think it is a right. Landowners have taken abuse beyond belief —- and with the current law the opportunity to prosecute offenders is limited. Please take a step back and recognize the situation. No matter what the the bill states, landowners have stated they will close/post their land because of the abuse.

__________________________________And may I add, young hunters have a different opinion — please read below and know that a group of “high school” hunters from Edgley ND attended a subcommittee meeting and those that hunted all indicated they asked permission to hunt plus related multiple problems with hunters who do not.

I am ———— from the Carson, North Dakota area. I am currently a freshman at North Dakota State University. Hunting has been a long time passion of mine. In hunter safety, I learned that it was right and just to ask the landowner for their permission to hunt on the land they own. Most of the landowners that allow me to hunt only simply want to who is on their land and what they are doing. I believe this bill is the answer to stop all the confusion between hunters and landowners.

This bill will allow us to close the gap between us hunters and landowners. I do not believe this will impact hunting in our great state. It is time we pass this bill SB 2315 it is the compromise that both parties are looking for. If we do not pass it tomorrow morning it will be back next legislative session.

As a young hunter, I encourage you to vote yes on SB 2315! I am looking forward to my drive out from Fargo in the morning to watch the vote happen in person. Please vote yes

--
Best Regards,

Respectfully,
Cynthia Schreiber-BeckDistrict 25 Representative
cschreiberbeck@nd.gov
Tri-State Aviation, Inc.
1251 Pegasus Road
Wahpeton ND 58075

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this passes, here is what I want in return: all public land is off limits to private sector. Road right of ways are open to hunting. State school land is to be managed as “CRP.” No more grazing the piss out of it while saving your own stuff. State purchases more land available for outdoor opportunities.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I responded back. Probably a little too strong. But I mentioned her being misinformed, and that its funny i never hear of this rampant epidemic of wounded and rejected cattle? And oh ya, its always hunters.....not the neighbor kid with a 12 pack and a four wheel drive, or the criminals. Just hunters......I also mentioned that there is a reason kids dont make policy. Leave that job to the adults. (not sure she qualifies).

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I bet Gabe has a big triumphant bastard right now watching this go down

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a dark side of me that wants this to go through just so they can reap what they sow.

They're using the same angle anti-gun folks use to push their agenda. It's pathetic.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stockmans must have gotten to her early, she's carrying all their water....

I encourage everyone to email her specifically and tell her how uninformed and disrespectful she is.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need to clap back, but my blood pressure needs to go down first.

Unfortunately, most normal average joe folks in this state have jobs which dont allow them the luxury of taking a couple months off to serve in the legislature. You can use your imagination as to which group of citizens in our state have that sort of free time.....And we wonder why we see the things we do...

Wish I could send my wife off for a second paycheck over the winter months...

I hope you win but never use clap back again. That sounds like cardi b and kim k having a feud.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I assumed clap back was ebonics and read right past it.

Now that I know what it means I am really disappointed in NDLS.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
A new portion of the bill...doing nothing but muddying the waters! Pathetic!!

-18-01. Hunters access advisory group.1.The hunters access advisory group consists of:a.The agriculture commissioner or the commissioner's designee;b.The director or the director's designee;c.The chief information officer or the officer's designee;d.A representative of the North Dakota association of counties;e.Two members of an agriculture committee; andf.Two members of a sportsmen committee.2.The hunters access advisory group shall oversee the development of the huntersaccess database identifying private land in the state as open to hunters, closed tohunters, or open to hunters with permission from the owner or lawful occupant.3.The hunters access advisory group shall establish guidelines for the development ofthe database and acceptance criteria for county data used to develop the database.20.1-18-02. Hunters access database.1.The hunters access database must use color coding or other clear indicators todesignate private land in the state as open to hunters, closed to hunters, or open tohunters with permission from the owner or lawful occupant.2.A landowner or lawful occupant may designate which of the three categories insubsection1 applies to the landowner's or occupant's land. Land for which alandowner or lawful occupant does not designate a category must be indicated in thedatabase as open to hunters if the county in which the land is located is included in thedatabase.3.If a landowner or lawful occupant designates land as open to hunters with permission,the landowner or lawful occupant shall provide contact information to be included inthe database for hunters to request permission to hunt on the land.4.The database must be accessible electronically to the public and may be madeavailable to the public through other means, including smartphone applications.5.To be included in the database, a county shall provide geographic information systemdata or other data to the information technology department which meets the criteriaestablished by the hunters access advisory group.Page No. 519.0896.02000123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930Sixty-sixthLegislative Assembly20.1-18-03. Noncompliance with database and posting - Penalty.1.Until the county in which private land is located is included in the hunters accessdatabase, the land is deemed open unless posted in accordance with section20.1-01-17.2.After a county is included in the database:a.A hunter may not enter land in the county which is designated in the database asclosed to hunters or open to hunters with permission unless the hunter haspermission to enter the land or otherwise is entitled to enter the land. A hunter isguilty of an infraction for a first knowing violation and a class B misdemeanor fora second and subsequent knowing violation of this subdivision; andb.A hunter without permission may enter land in the county which is not designatedin the database as closed to hunters or open to hunters with permission, unlessthe land is posted in accordance with section 20.1-01-17.3.A hunter may not enter land that is posted in accordance with section 20.1-01-17unless the hunter has permission to enter the land or otherwise is entitled to enter theland, regardless of the designation of the land in the database. A hunter is guilty of aninfraction for a first knowing violation and a class B misdemeanor for a second andsubsequent knowing violation of this subsection.SECTION 7.LEGISLATIVE INTENT - TIMELINE FOR DATABASE DEVELOPMENT. It isthe intent of the legislative assembly that several counties will be included in an operationalhunters access database by the fall hunting season of 2020, and the operational database willinclude all counties whose data meet the specifications of the hunters access databaseadvisory group by September 1, 2022.SECTION 8. LEGISLATIVE MANAGEMENT STUDY - ACCESS TO LANDS FORHUNTING AND TRAPPING. During the 2019-20 interim, the legislative management shallconsider studying access to public and private lands for hunting, trapping, and related issues.The legislative management shall report its findings and recommendations, together with anylegislation required to implement the recommendations, to the sixty-seventh legislativeassembly.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I responded back. Probably a little too strong. But I mentioned her being misinformed, and that its funny i never hear of this rampant epidemic of wounded and rejected cattle? And oh ya, its always hunters.....not the neighbor kid with a 12 pack and a four wheel drive, or the criminals. Just hunters......I also mentioned that there is a reason kids dont make policy. Leave that job to the adults. (not sure she qualifies).

I went to NDSU. Majored in AG. While there, I met a lot of people from all over the state that came from farms/ranches. Some of the stories I heard, and even things I saw with my own eyes were mind blowing. Driving through fields, poaching wildlife, destroying signs. All things done by the very people farmers and ranchers call their neighbors. Not some kid from Bismarck, Fargo or any other larger towns.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a dark side of me that wants this to go through just so they can reap what they sow.

They're using the same angle anti-gun folks use to push their agenda. It's pathetic.

This is kind of what I’m thinking now too. What happens after everything isn’t “all better?”

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88