2015 hold over truck prices

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
What kind of discounts should a guy expect to get on a 2015 holdover truck now that the 2016's are on the lots? I'm looking at 2015 GMC/Chevy's. They did update them for 2016 so i feel like the deals should be pretty decent. A lot of them show discounts of around $7,500 just browsing online. I feel like i should at least be able to get 10K off, and honestly feel like i should be able to get even more. The trucks I'm looking at have an MSRP of around 45K. Am i crazy to think i should be able to get one for 30-33K? if i cant get that i will look for a used 2014.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not crazy. Just had a pal here in MN pick up a 2015 GMC Sierra for 33-35K. He said it was listed low to mid forties. This was even a couple months ago, so now should be even better. His price included them installing updated accessories and trim pieces that the truck did not have on it originally.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just bought a 2015 Ford F-150 that had a sticker price of 49K for 37K, and at a 1% interest rate.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well,you missed the boat for now,GM had special pricing for dealers sitting on older units to clean up inventory in our region most of this money went away jan4th and the best deals were on the 1lt/2lt 1500's. and yes we had over $10k off certain trucks and gave up all the dealer money to earn more 2016 inventory,smaller dealers tell me they kept the money to keep the lights on.

Shoot me a PM if you want more details or anyone else that has questions about pricing,been at this game well over 20years,I suspect more change is in the wind coming soon.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pickings were getting a little slim in November when I bought my Ford. Took awhile to find the one I wanted.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel like a rich man at the pump these days. No need to drive an electric car, or become Caitlyn.

Diesel fill up was not even a Benjamin. Buy big or go home

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
You should get at least 10k off. Tell them if you don't get that much off you will go elsewhere. Remind him any sale is better than no sale at all

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dumping inventory --- is a sign as to what is coming. Stagnation.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well,you missed the boat for now,GM had special pricing for dealers sitting on older units to clean up inventory in our region most of this money went away jan4th and the best deals were on the 1lt/2lt 1500's. and yes we had over $10k off certain trucks and gave up all the dealer money to earn more 2016 inventory,smaller dealers tell me they kept the money to keep the lights on.

Shoot me a PM if you want more details or anyone else that has questions about pricing,been at this game well over 20years,I suspect more change is in the wind coming soon.

So Jan 6th 2016 those 2015 trucks sitting on the lot somehow increased in value? I'd be interested to hear the logic behind that.

Founding Member
Founding Member
The best deals are north of the border right now.
We just bought a rig this week and they met us at the border, it was easy and about 30% off. Bought our house the same way, had it built and moved down here and saved around 36% 10 years ago. Best move we ever made :)
But you have to really look into it as different vehicle manufacturers have different rules and warranties. :Some won't sell you a brand new rig...some" And make sure it is good to go with the US emissions bs.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
So Jan 6th 2016 those 2015 trucks sitting on the lot somehow increased in value? I'd be interested to hear the logic behind that.

new equipment sitting on a lot normally has a fixed cost to the dealer... the incentives (rebates, free extended warranties, cheap financing) are kicked in by the manufacturer to move models they are fat on in a particular region, and are usually passed on to the customer by at least the larger dealers...

i've seen rebates for target models go up or down by 5k from month to month... happens with all types of equipment all the time...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33