2023 ND Deer Rifle Season

NodakBob

Honored Member
We bowhunted the last week in badlands west of Fairfield. We observed no rut activity yet. Did see mostly does/fawns with little bucks or pairs of bigger bucks, but was impossibly muddy, couldnt drive half the roads for a couple days. Main roads were drying out Wednesday when we left and motor grader was going to work…but campsite options may be very limited.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw a small forkhorn actively searching for does today. He ran across the field and across the paved road and stood in the neighbors yard testing the wind and couldn't care less about the neighbors dogs, or cars, or anything else. The dumbness has begun. Good Luck guys and be safe.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Young bucks definitely chasing. Had one in pursuit on the trail cam this morning

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Forgot to mention I'll be out tomorrow in the Sheyenne Grasslands with my oldest boy, both of us with buck tags. Have cameras out and been seeing bucks in daylight. Hoping we see some action!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bucks were still hanging out together last week here but that's slowly changing. I watched a buck nose down behind a doe but she wasn't ready and he gave up pretty easy. I love this time of the year .

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good luck Deer hunters.
'
My daughter is the only one that got a permit in my fam. She has to work today - she will be out this weekend and she is looking foward to the tday 4 day weekend hunt.

Dad doesnt may get to go one day.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
9 years and going for Mule deer buck in Badlands with son, might just buy points next couple years as numbers are way down and I head hunt. I know a lot of farmers from oil field days and nothing good to say this year. Off to other states I go.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
1000002078.jpg

1000002084.jpg

I took one of my sons out for his first time today to deer camp by Karlsruhe. My teeth are starting to hurt from all the Skittles and starburst. We're having a blast!

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
1000002078.jpg

1000002084.jpg

I took one of my sons out for his first time today to deer camp by Karlsruhe. My teeth are starting to hurt from all the Skittles and starburst. We're having a blast!
I think the funnest times hunting with my kids was watching them eat a ton of junk food, drinking hot chocalate I packed in and taking naps on a sunny hillside while I glassed.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Muleys were fighting and following does today in the badlands. Good numbers. Not full blown chasing yet. More whitetails than usual. And by that I mean two. Chance at a good one was messed up by a group doing drives, but oh well. Saw some deer, saw a couple elk, lots of sharptails. Good day.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, beautiful night to be in the blind tonight. Wish there would've been some wind, ANY wind....absolutely silent. Not even birds chirping - had to be super still. Thought the off-and-on snow might have them moving. But....no luck on our bucks. Didn't hear much for shooting around us either.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm north of the border, numbers are way down here as well after this last brutal winter. That and wolves makes it darn hard to survive.
But I did fill my muzzleloader tag the other day on a big bodied dark antlered buck.
I was just going to film him with my phone, then I decided to just look at him through the muzzy's scope. "Bad idea" Because for some reason the second I put the crosshairs on him my finger decided to jump on that TC's trigger. Probably has to do with me not drawing an ND muzzy tag even with 15 pref points this year! Ha ha
Good luck this season guys!
View attachment 62306View attachment 62308
Awesome deer! Love the color on the antlers!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84