risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_20231114_175408958.jpg
one and done
Nice ears !!!!!! (y)

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got bored this afternoon and went for a drive. No tags this year in our house. Seen a real nice buck at 3:30, he came out of a little slough and trotted across a combined bean field 100 yards away from me and gave me no mind. Went into a patch of sweet clover and never seen him again. He was really on the hunt and deep into the rut by the way he acted out in the open. Going to get himself shot if he keeps that up. LB

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched a buck chasing a doe tonight on private while sitting on PLOTS. 200 yards or so, really fun to see. Heard grunting across the slough from me with a few snort wheezes in the evening but couldn't get him to cross.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Watched a buck chasing a doe tonight on private while sitting on PLOTS. 200 yards or so, really fun to see. Heard grunting across the slough from me with a few snort wheezes in the evening but couldn't get him to cross.
If you want some new ground to hunt call me. LB

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_7205.jpeg

IMG_7241.jpeg

My son and I hunted mid-week in an area that my dad started me hunting in 1974, him before that. Over the past 50 years we have had the fortune of taking some nice muley from this chunk of public land. This is my sons third and his best to date, we spotted him right at last light on Wednesday after putting in lots of steps. We finally found him around 11:00 the next morning. He had a doe locked up tight, Jon
IMG_7204.jpeg
was able to close to 183 yards to seal the deal. At least one other hunter had a chance at him, had a bullet grazed the right antler base and ear. We only saw one other hunter who stayed pretty close to the road

I just hope that the next tag he gets I am physically able to go with.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I predict that kid will grow up solid. Teach'em young that life isn't played by your rules and stuff goes south all the time. Pick yourself up and keep on pushin'. You just know that guy spends LOTS of time with his children. Made this old grey beard chuckle a bit.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm pretty confident saying that numbers are probably 40% of normal around me between cameras we've been running and being out and about more. My go to areas are just not the same for consistent activity and numbers. I've been on the hunt for a couple genetic misfits this year and they have done well to elude me and last two nights got my daughter out with Saturday seeing a total of 2 does 5 fawns and a black cat with Sunday night turned up nothing.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Shared my morning coffee with a basket rack that was checking out my garden. He was following some fresh tracks in the frost in the fall tilling for what I could see. LB

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve seen WT bucks and only bucks on my way to and from work. Most are following a scent and completely aloof. Going to have to try hunt thanksgiving day.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was fortunate enough to get out for a few days with my dad and oldest nephew. A landowner was beyond great to us and let us hunt their private property. Saw some decent numbers of deer, vast majority being 1.5-2.5 year old bucks. We saw a nicer deer Saturday morning, and I did get good video of him after a doe, but the video was him walking straight away, so couldnt tell exactly what he was. We stuck around all day and a half hour before sunset he came out of the same draw he went in earlier that morning. Got the spotter on him and knew right away he was very mature. Knew he wasn't some crazy high scoring deer, but didn't care. Looked at the nephew and said let's go kill him. Ranged him at 900 when he first came out, so we made our way to him behind a few smaller hills. Closed the distance to 280 yards and let the 7 ultra do its work. Only has one mass that is under 5 inches and that was the 4th measurement on his shorter side. A damn good memory with dad and nephew on this one and my little man seemed to approve. Cheers.

IMG_2530.jpg

IMG_7657.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 193
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93