4TH Of July Idiot Awards Thread

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok now that the 4th of July has come and gone let's hear what everybody has to say about what they seen at the lake this weekend. The 4th always produces some good stories so let's hear em. We're looking for the good stuff like, drunk guy beaches his boat up on shore at wot, or somebody unloaded their boat on the concrete ramp. Anything and everything. I missed the lake adventures this year, there is always something good (or bad) that happens so post away.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wasn't there but my idiot award goes to the party animals on Lake Metigoshe Party bay that throw cans and bottles in the lake.

11062813_10153503158344887_2458124075339887641_n.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was SURE the storm yesterday AM was going to slide N of Stump. Nope, there I sat, a long way from the ramp and when the storm hit it went to ~100' of visibility in seconds. But, the upside is that I had a really good seat for the lightning show. :;:imwithstupid

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw a handful of incidents, I thought about taking pics or video, but then realized that it was probably the only weekend a year those clowns get on the water so I figured I'd save them the embarrassment. One group was doing outboard engine repairs on the middle of the boat ramp, a whole family decided to load and prep their pontoon on the boat ramp for a half hour, two guys blocking both lanes to the government bay ramp because they wanted to chit chat for 15 minutes, a boat going 40 mph in zero visibility fog on the Missouri river on Friday.

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were at the demo derby in sanborn, Just got done getting the derby truck loaded on the trailer when we saw a guy sprinting and then climb over a fence with 2 sheriffs deputy's chasing after him. Another deputy showed up on an atv and tackled him to the ground. Curious as to what that was all about

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I purposely avoided the lake this weekend because all of the idiots. Stayed home smoked ribs and a brisket and drank margaritas all day my stress level was 0 and enjoyed it.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were at the demo derby in sanborn, Just got done getting the derby truck loaded on the trailer when we saw a guy sprinting and then climb over a fence with 2 sheriffs deputy's chasing after him. Another deputy showed up on an atv and tackled him to the ground. Curious as to what that was all about

I'm guessing it had something to do with him not wanting to go to jail, but that's just a guess.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched a guy forget to take his transom straps off. We watched him for 10 min before we finally told him what was wrong. He couldn't figure out why his trailer was floating. Myself like a dumb as was backing up my boat and dropped the trailer wheels in a rut and put the motor into the ground and snapped it at the pivoting point. Maybe the wife will let me get a new boat now.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
BOSTON (AP) — Authorities say a 9-year-old boy has lost a hand while playing with fireworks in Boston. Police say a 5-year-old boy was also injured in the accident Sunday in the Dorchester neighborhood. Investigators are trying to determine where the illegal fireworks came from. UMM, HIS FATHER?!?!?!
The state fire marshal's office says a man was hospitalized with serious injuries to his hand while igniting fireworks Saturday in the backyard of a home in Saugus. Investigators found a large cache of fireworks in a bedroom of the home. Authorities also reported large seizures of fireworks over the weekend in Pembroke, Hyannis and Dennis suburbs.

SEIZURES?? Oh Yeah, Boston..... 'Nuff said!

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm guessing it had something to do with him not wanting to go to jail, but that's just a guess.
let's not jump to conclusions. He may have been running towards someone who was in dire need of assistance. "Deputies, come quick! Timmy fell in the well! Over here fellas!"

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone who thinks that the busiest boating day of the year is the best time to pull kids on tubes and such towable toys on the river where the boat traffic is as congested as it gets. A$$ hat awards should have been handed out for that alone.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone who thinks that the busiest boating day of the year is the best time to pull kids on tubes and such towable toys on the river where the boat traffic is as congested as it gets. A$$ hat awards should have been handed out for that alone.

Where else should they pull the kids on tubes

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put my boat in at Lakewood and never took it out of the bay. In fact, after I tied it up at 8 am, I didn't get back on it til midnight when I had help to trailer it.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some troubling news on New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul.
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Pierre-Paul suffered a hand injury Saturday night while attempting to light fireworks that required hospitalization, according to two sources briefed of the situation. Rapoport reported JPP's hand will be intact, and as of Sunday night, doctors are still examining for nerve damage and other issues related to the incident.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only thing I saw that made me chuckle was a rather lazy fellow trolling with the wind on an old road. When he got to the end, instead of pulling up his trolling motor, he trimmed up his main motor and hammered it to get the bow way up in the air. His trolling motor was still deployed and bouncing wildly as he plowed water trimmed up to the max back to his starting point about 3/4 of a mile back. He didn't need no stinking Ulterra, ha ha.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76