7mm 168 vld's

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suggest you raise your pinky when drinking out of a tea cup

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
new stock if wanting to spend mcmillian or manners i have a bell and carlson i am happy with. Bedding in a new stock would be much better and a timney trigger. Then time behind the gun.

Good advice. I have HS stocks, bedded boyds and other wood stocks, mcmillans, belle and Carlson stocks and they helped improve accuracy. I think the best improvements you can do to a factory gun is:

*Install Timney trigger aprox $125 or have the trigger worked or adjusted
*glass bed and free float barrel-varies if you do it yourself some smiths will do it under $100. The free-floating isn't always the answer some factory guns especially sporters like a pressure point.
*buy a stock that is bedded or has an aluminum bedding block-$200-600.
*reloading experimentation-different bullets, powders, primers, and seating depth.
*Have a gunsmith check crown and re-crown if needed rarely is problem

- - - Updated - - -

The flyers may be a barrel heating or contact issue too. The top 2 groups look like you may be able to improve with seating depth. Some guns like the bullet close to the lans and some like a jump.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Free float and bed the stock good chance it might take your flyers out, if you got a crisp trigger at two lbs I don't see any reason for a different trigger

- - - Updated - - -

That's where I would start out at

ndweimer

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks for the replies, tried 200yd. groups and it got worse. Going to look into a new stock.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88