Air fryer

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have really liked using our Ninja air fryer for jalapeno poppers/sweet pepper poppers (pepper with cream cheese in the middle, slab of pheasant or grouse, wrapped up in bacon). They seem to cook more evenly and it's a breeze to clean up.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife is really into it being a healthier way. I have done some recipes found on line kinda hit miss.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone do battered fried fish like walleye or crappie? I have a hard time believing it's as good as in oil but something I want to at least try once.

luv2huntnfish

I do Langdon locker sausage or any link sausage
All types of marinaded chicken parts
Hamburgers
Never did a steak though perhaps there are good recipes for that to.
Would you share how you prepare your Langdon locker sausage? Temperture and cooking time?

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gonna do baby potatoes in olive oil, sea salt, rosemary, and thyme tomorrow in the air fryer. They'll pair nicely with the wagyu-looking ribeyes I picked up at Costco for 12.99/lb. Not sure why they're labeled "choice" and not "prime".....might have to make a separate thread if it turns out as I expect. Brussel spouts and morel mushrooms/onions in butter to top it off.

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
Anyone do battered fried fish like walleye or crappie? I have a hard time believing it's as good as in oil but something I want to at least try once.
I’ve tried it a couple different ways, turned out good, but no comparison to traditional fried. Had a medium priced TFal (I think) brand nd thought a better one would help so bought a Cuisinart. Guess I’ll die a couple months earlier from fried food.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
All the above mentioned are good. Try toaster strudels - 350 degrees for 3 minutes, then flip and do another 3 minutes - way better than out of the toaster.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would you share how you prepare your Langdon locker sausage? Temperture and cooking time?
Fully thawed at 350ish for 12 minutes, I flip the sausage after 6 minutes. 12 is fully cooked to me but some may want it to be more crispy then you can either add more time or higher temp to get that desired crispiness.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
WARNING: Useless video:

I fooled around with a chick in Panama '88 whom could be considered an "air fryer": Almost gave her the Golden Green Card until she was discovered "air frying" Marines while I was at work. Damn shame: Can't blame the Marines as she was hot as a pistol and a gd hellcat.

I'm thankful she was dumbass enough to show her cards on both Howard and Allbrook:

Last edited:

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
We just bought a new oven that has a built air fryer. No more bulky air fryer on the counter.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88