Battery powered chainsaw

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone use a 16-18'' battery powered chainsaw ? Want a 16'' that I'll be using strictly for yard cleanup so a cheap one will do . Just wondering how long battery lasts in some of them.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the milwaukee 18 inch chainsaw and a smaller el cheapo black and decker. Both work great but the milwaukee gets my vote. I use it to cut trees while fixing fence. Love just hitting the trigger and your cutting, no more fighting to get the gas saw running and warmed up. No ear protection needed either. I have cut up a huge cottonwood that was laying on a fence that I should have gotten the gas stihl to cut up. I have a 12 amp, a 9 amp, and another bigger battery. I overheated one of those cutting that big tree. but that tree was so big I had to cut one side first, then go to the other side and cut down again as my 18 inch bar would only go half ways across.

The little black and decker works good to, just a smaller saw, good for notching corner posts to build braces, or cut up smaller trees. Spins a little slower than the milwaukee but cuts good with a sharp chain. Bar oil reservoir is a bit small on the black and decker.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am pro electric chainsaw. Not having to deal with carbs, fuel mixtures, etc. is very nice! BUT - the smell of two stroke and ritual of starting/maintaining a gasser is a rite of passage and is very satisfying, both the scent and sound can't be beat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 246
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 44