Beers and burgers in Fargo

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
In Fargo right now for some business. Looks like I will be spending the night in this fair city. Any ideas on a place with Craft' beers and some decent burgers?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn that would hit the spot. You suck.

- - - Updated - - -

If they have a JL Beers it's good in Minot.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
JL Beers might have to work. I went online and was not sure about the other beer joints

- - - Updated - - -

How about the hodo lounge?

- - - Updated - - -

How about the hodo lounge?

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
JL beers is good but can get a bit crowded. I am headed down Saturday and would also like any other recommendations. I have already tried Vinyl Taco, good food, Spitfire grill, great food at moderate price. What is HODO like and what hours?

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
JL beers is good but can get a bit crowded. I am headed down Saturday and would also like any other recommendations. I have already tried Vinyl Taco, good food, Spitfire grill, great food at moderate price. What is HODO like and what hours?

Lucky 13

- - - Updated - - -

<br>
<br>Lucky 13

Hodo is full of snobs, avoid it

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Granite City has always had something decent on the menu for me, both food and beverage.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
Silver dollar in West Fargo has good burgers and so does side street pub downtown. Hodo is good food, but very pricy. Last time I had a burger there, the choices were bison or wildrice. Try Pounds downtown. Pretty new, but the chef is top notch. Have not been there yet.....

Hammer

JL beers and sickies have the best burgers in fargo in my opinion. No shortage of beer in either place too.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
JL Beers, Lucky 13, Sickies, Granite City, Old Chicago (used to be ok anyways ), Billards Gaston pub, bulldog tap and heard good things about Blarney stone. These are places I would recommend but I have not sat down for beer and food for a long time in Fargo.

thecatwalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wurst bier hall, and Drekker brewing company are right next to each other downtown. Go there. The humpty dumpty burger at jlbeers is my all-time favorite.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wurst is good for beer and sausage, but it's like a German beer hall was taken over by hipsters, which I guess makes sense because Germans are weird like that. Anyhow, great for sausage and beer.

JL is great. Employees are a little too "cool" but genuinely give a shit about excellence. Don't tell them that it's cool to do a good job and be productive because that might cause them to stop doing it.

Apparently the hip places have learned that a job well done is counter culture so that's what they're into now, because it's ironic and cool. Neat. Nobody tell them this or else the burgers in Little Minneapolis might get shitty again.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jl beers and the hiho have by far the best burgers in fargo; albeit you can get a beer at hiho, its not a bar setting whatsoever (great place to get a burger at noon/mid-afternoon though!) Next would be sickies and then the blarney stone.
Everybody should do themselves a favor at some point and experience the half spit-chicken at doolittles off the rotisserie (good place to take the lady back by the fireplace).
Best bars=bulldog tap, pubwest, hooligans, and blarney stone. Honorable mention=the windbreak but crazy loud and unless you have a great waitress, good luck getting a beer at the bar if you're male. Back when shotgun sallys was big d's/geckos it rocked and now its just a mini windbreak with a stage; more focused on keeping out the riffraff while claiming to be a higher-standard establishment.
Downtown fargo is for all the other, eh nevermind..

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
albeit you can get a beer at hiho, its not a bar setting whatsoever (great place to get a burger at noon/mid-afternoon though!)

There's a sign up in the Hi-Ho south parking lot that it's going to be more of a pub opening in March.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wurst is good for beer and sausage, but it's like a German beer hall was taken over by hipsters, which I guess makes sense because Germans are weird like that. Anyhow, great for sausage and beer.

JL is great. Employees are a little too "cool" but genuinely give a shit about excellence. Don't tell them that it's cool to do a good job and be productive because that might cause them to stop doing it.

Apparently the hip places have learned that a job well done is counter culture so that's what they're into now, because it's ironic and cool. Neat. Nobody tell them this or else the burgers in Little Minneapolis might get shitty again.

Wtf are u talking about? Hahaha

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a sign up in the Hi-Ho south parking lot that it's going to be more of a pub opening in March.

Thats some good stuff right there! I was honestly going to go on a little speil about if that place turned itself into a pub as well as branching themsleves out starting throught the midwest, they would be one good franchise!! (They werent voted best burger by food network magazine by mistake and have been nesting a goldmine for far too long.)
But, for the time being; the only place to give them any kind of competition in that part of town is woodys. (Damnit, now i realize i forgot the 2nd or 3rd best burger and/or a top bar in town in the form of Woodys..) Pretty sure as amazing as the humpty dumpty from jl beers is, its origin just may have come from the moo-cluck oink burger from Woodys..

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been awhile since I live there but the meathead burger at woodys was the best burger I have ever had

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
We live on the north side and go to JL Beers in Moorhead. Not nearly as busy as the other locations. And if you're looking for craft beer and a good burger, it's the best place around. Pretty reasonable, too.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88