Best food plot seed.

What's the best to plant?

• Total voters

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
'bout 30 ft if I recall, 15 ft for the crown of each tree. You biggest problem with having larger than individual cages is going to be the little bucks getting in there and rubbing the trees. They seem to ABSOLUTELY LOVE rubbing on fruit trees. It must be the scent they get off the bark or something, but we left ONE tree unprotected when we wrapped the others because we ran out of daylight, and the next morning, sure as shrite, the thing was rubbed.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
alright, well i think im probably just going to go something more along the lines of your route then with the smaller fences and i can spread them wherever i see fit then.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can make a bigger enclosure if you run the fence 8 ft and tilt the fence at a 60 degree angle or so. The deer don't like to jump wide sections of fence as much so they will walk up and under the top of the fence and most won't attempt to jump a barrier that's 6 ft tall AND 4 ft wide. It takes quite a bit more material and effort, but if you want a bigger enclosure, that's how I would make it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 19