Best hand-held GPS

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Phone is probably the easiest and cheap since you have one already. I have an in reach explorer plus I got for the day come more than the gps but I do like the gps on it

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha man you kids and your phone technology. I was probably the 4th to last person to get an I-phone in nd so gunna need a tutorial here. What app does a guy download? I basically need a landowner app. Also how does cell reception influence how the app works? A phone app does no good for me if I dont get service?

- - - Updated - - -

Phil, you know I still kick it old school. Let me know when you wanna go drag some nickel plated spinners again.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
OnX or Earthmate I run them both. You down load the area you are going and no service is needed it’s easy. I like having the topo maps latex over sat imagery it gives you a decent idea what is over the next mountain. Turn your phone on airplane mode once out of service and it lasts a long time. Get a little charging pack and you are good for a week

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Give your phone to some kid, they will get the GPS going in short order

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot, have them show you how to run it to

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
I use a few different apps for gps on my phone, put phone on airplane mode if your worried about it burning thru the battery with trying to find cell service.hunting I will use the on x, fishing I will use navionics, 4 wheeling/ snowmobiling I will use avenza maps (really like this one)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 36
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12