Bismarck Event center

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anybody know what the deal is with the firing of the director? Seems like Moritz family may have been involved? I overheard some guys at work talking about it but didn't get the whole story.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like he took a trip paid for by a potential bidder and then bought a boat from moritzs which they didn’t like the appearance of since Tim owns the beverage company selling in the BEE

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I sponsored one of the portable bars there for an event a couple years ago and when I got the instructions to send a check to Moritz I thought "wow that must be nice to have exclusive rights to sell $7 Busch lights at the biggest venue in town... don't remember seeing that opportunity advertised."

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
In these kinds of cases, it takes two to tango. Moritz should probably lose his exclusive right to sell booze at the Bismarck Event Center if they really believe the boat purchase was a form of a bribe.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In these kinds of cases, it takes two to tango. Moritz should probably lose his exclusive right to sell booze at the Bismarck Event Center if they really believe the boat purchase was a form of a bribe.
I probably agree with this...it all seems pretty fishy. Should be interesting to see what BCI comes up with. Would be something if Moritz team or any other business or person for that matter pulled themselves into an investigation with BCI and having too open the books over something like this..🤦‍♂️

Jim Simmers

Established Member
Regarding the boat/liquor issue; It probably looks worse for Moritz than the city. Hopefully the Beer Garden was put out to bids. The guy can purchase a boat from whomever he chooses. One can just hope that the deal was on the up and up.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It was a boat he bought personally from what I understand. I don’t believe it was for the city
Right, he bought a boat but the liquor deal was given to him by the boat purchaser..was that because of the price of the boat..as in you give me a deal on a boat and the liquor deal is yours...as in nobody else had a chance on the liquor deal?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Regarding the boat/liquor issue; It probably looks worse for Moritz than the city. Hopefully the Beer Garden was put out to bids. The guy can purchase a boat from whomever he chooses. One can just hope that the deal was on the up and up.
Yup exacty..to me this would mean any company or person dealing with this director could have the their books looked at by BCI if a search warrant is obtained due to things looking a little fishy..no?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think cash under the table kickbacks ever make it on the books. I'm not saying this happened just saying.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't think cash under the table kickbacks ever make it on the books. I'm not saying this happened just saying.
Couple ways to look at that..but let's say all people buying same boat paid average of this price but this guy magically paid half of average or even let's say free..I would think they could see that. Boats have vins and if not recorded in the books that would equal a big zero for payment I would think...of course this is all hypothetical but I would think BCI could track this down..plus most people like this are gready and have narcissistic tendencies... I am smarter then everyone else.... they will screw up some way. What would really be crazy is if Moritz did something illegal(tax fraud etc..) and BCI finds it during the investigation. I feel like this could open a big can of worms and who knows bring in a number of other companies to this...oh and does this mean the sports show is done with????

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right, he bought a boat but the liquor deal was given to him by the boat purchaser..was that because of the price of the boat..as in you give me a deal on a boat and the liquor deal is yours...as in nobody else had a chance on the liquor deal?
I think the liquor deal has been moritz’s for quite awhile. The boat purchase was fairly recent but I don’t know that for sure

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88