Boating Etiquette on the Missouri river

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I blast my angry death metal, and wear a speedo, no one comes close to me while out fishing.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an old 80s star craft I luv raming sparkly boats I never move I know my boat is a pile and love it if you want to fish next to me fine but I'll get real close I've been known to drop anchor in front of guys cranking just to be an ass I also start my 75 evi up in high idle and let the smoke roll it's a hoot I'll see you out there lol

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a few select busy spots i like to just drop anchor at, i enjoy the soothing rocking motion of wakes and waves it relaxes me and allows me to people watch. I just take my hearing aid out and life is peaceful.Thumbs Up

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
ZomboMeme 02052017130400.jpg

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
All this negativity towards the sparkly boats, but wasn't it just recently that in a public court, a Lund owner was convicted of perjury and libel?

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
The hard part is when guys are fishing right in the channel, so do you go way out n around risking hittin a rock, sand bar, or a tree, do you blow by fast on plane, or cruise slow and make a big wake.

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
You make a point to be a A$$!! Wow, I hope you are proud!

I have an old 80s star craft I luv raming sparkly boats I never move I know my boat is a pile and love it if you want to fish next to me fine but I'll get real close I've been known to drop anchor in front of guys cranking just to be an ass I also start my 75 evi up in high idle and let the smoke roll it's a hoot I'll see you out there lol

Sarge

Had a boat this past weekend fly by me like I was standing still, scared the shit out of me more than anything. Both boats were going up river wide open or at least I presume they were too. I couldn't hear them coming or notice them with the sound of my 60hp Johnson humming. They were a little closer than they probably needed to be but I wasn't mad at all, just a little frightened. I think I yelled to myself "you scared the shit out of me" not thinking they could hear me, they both turned around and looked back to see if something was wrong. They probably thought I was yelling at them but I wasn't, so its all good if that was you. Later on in the weekend though had a boat pull cranks right over where I was pitching jigs and then stop parallel right beside me so I could no longer fish how I had been for the last hour. That pissed me off. I didn't say anything but my body language was enough for them to know they probably should've stopped a little sooner than they had. I am the type of person that typically will not fish around other boats, but with as much traffic as there can be on the river that's darn near impossible. Respect on both sides goes a long ways.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
You need to ask yourself " What would Riverfisher do ? "

The hard part is when guys are fishing right in the channel, so do you go way out n around risking hittin a rock, sand bar, or a tree, do you blow by fast on plane, or cruise slow and make a big wake.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
When it come to river fishing in the spring...If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would rather chum carp on Jamestown reservoir with corn. #redrepme

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Were you looking at the coffee thread when you were polishing your tubes?

HaHaHa wouldn't have been so labor intensive and more enjoyable.;:;rofl
I actually forgot about that thread, have not looked in there for a long time since it was moved to the back page, thanks for reminding me.Thumbs Up

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33