BPS Hates The outdoors

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your surprised this sight is blocked by a school? Considering some of the stuff on here, doesn't seem like that big of a surprise. Or maybe it has to do with faculty using it while supposed to be working, so they blocked it?

dsharp83

Founding Member
Founding Member
the coffee thread, although enjoyable.... may have something to do with it.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If NDA is weapons then so is every military and law enforcement web site.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I got a kick out of this...I spend most of my time on nodak while at school :)!...but after seeing some of the stuff that's posted on on this site, I would consider some (not all...heck...not even 75% of it) to be adult only! Coffee comes to mind...many of the haha's...and there are a few characters on here whose posts would be considered iffy...:)...however, I for one enjoy this site immensely!

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
More than not, the school IT administrators have the power to block any site they choose that they don't want the individuals on their network (in school) to have access. My company has ALOT of sites relating to hunting & guns blocked, heck, can't even get into utlimate pheasants.com, guess because they have the meta tags with the words, 'guns''ammo''shotgun' etc as block word phases that our network will not allow us workers to look or view. Drives me nuts that I can't pass my time to look for hunting or gun information and etc....thank god I can access this site at work, which is were I'm at now...he he he...slow day.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Confront the computer administrator dude. Bet they won't have the balls to limit your access to the internet and free speech. Let's go Brandon!!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I read the title I immediately thought BPS was Bass Pro Shops, not Bis Schools.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since most kids have smart phones and data I’m pretty sure they can view this website whenever they want.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gasp! You might have to do your homework or study instead of surf the web at school!

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Used to do some subbing at a school that blocked access to Cabela's. Evidently the website was set to block any access that involved guns. Has since been changed and there are very few websites that are blocked. Computers and the web access is a double-edged sword. Easy access to a huge amount of information as well as a huge amount of useless and possibly dangerous information. Finding the fine line is the key for students as well as those in charge.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love this site, but I can't say that it's necessary to further education in school. Or work either. I access it while at work, but I would understand if it were blocked.

And while I, as a 51 yr old, like what I see here, it's not ALL for kids.

Between the coffee thread, and a lot of the All HaHa's thread, there's plenty here that doesn't belong in school.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not all about censorship at all. But I understand this site being blocked by a school system.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are logged out you can't see the political, coffee, or the ha ha threads, it's all about the guns folks. Some businesses won't let thier employees access media accounts like Facebook or eBay. I agree if you are using a business computer, internet and time you should be fired for wasting time.:;::;:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are logged out you can't see the political, coffee, or the ha ha threads, it's all about the guns folks. Some businesses won't let thier employees access media accounts like Facebook or eBay. I agree if you are using a business computer, internet and time you should be fired for wasting time.:;::;:

You hiring? I might be looking for work.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder what sick sites are allowed? Is Occupy Democrats accessible?

Is there a list? WHO MANAGES THAT???

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
BPS has never blocked the [MENTION=6576]phantom[/MENTION]shitter

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd block this if I were the ruler of anything involving kids. I don't want kids on here and don't want this place a gd Chucky Cheese. There are other places to find "A Grouse and Fly Trip With Grandpa" (which in no way I condemn). This isn't a place for children. I feel this is a repeat post: If so; it's still relevant.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 83
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31