Can you say recession

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nobody is saying it -- the inventory in the car lots you cant even drive around in the car lots they are so full of inventory. Empty strip malls, EPIC, restaurant closings i suppose car washes and mexican restuarants are next. I seen a sign on a beauty salon and said right next to the open 6 days a week, now the are open only 2 days a week. How do you pay rent on 2 days.

Fargo -- you start getting used to shitty service its amazing. I rarely eat out but when i do one puts up with shitty service and or items on the menu that they tell you they dont have. -- get out fargo just a little ways east or west and you run into decent employees and different attitude.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
When it goes, it will be EPIC... Im hoping trump drops interest rates when he gets into office so I can build something before the big collapse happens. I dont see how it can be avoided at this point, but I wanna be on my land before it happens.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya all are bunch of old grumps. Get out of the cave and enjoy some sunshine. :) Will the economy slow down, yeah maybe,, but also we live in the best country in the world in a time with amazing opportunities. There are people literally walking thousands of miles to just have a chance at living here. Time to practice some gratitude this weekend!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The high interest rates are doing exactly what they're supposed to be doing, slowing everything down a bit to curb inflation. We are finally getting back to normal levels of inventory on things and a guy might actually be able to start finding a deal here and there.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya all are bunch of old grumps. Get out of the cave and enjoy some sunshine. :) Will the economy slow down, yeah maybe,, but also we live in the best country in the world in a time with amazing opportunities. There are people literally walking thousands of miles to just have a chance at living here. Time to practice some gratitude this weekend!
I still have scars on my knees from a couple weeks ago--- i was running to catchup with the group and fell. Immediatley 2 italian guys stop and get out of the vehicle and come over to me to help. I swore when i hit the ground and i was not nice when i said i didnt need any help barely acknowledged them. Then God whispered to me and said you sir are a rude american. God was right -- plus God said you havent paid over 3-3.5buc for a beer and m this is how you treat em. God was right as he always is. Be thankful.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nobody is saying it -- the inventory in the car lots you cant even drive around in the car lots they are so full of inventory. Empty strip malls, EPIC, restaurant closings i suppose car washes and mexican restuarants are next. I seen a sign on a beauty salon and said right next to the open 6 days a week, now the are open only 2 days a week. How do you pay rent on 2 days.

Fargo -- you start getting used to shitty service its amazing. I rarely eat out but when i do one puts up with shitty service and or items on the menu that they tell you they dont have. -- get out fargo just a little ways east or west and you run into decent employees and different attitude.
All companies are experiencing labor shortages but the service industry is hit extremely hard. most business that are now on limited hours and/or days are doing this because of lack of employees. mexican restuarants are the only ones that don't have employee shortages as they are coming in by the thousands.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
All companies are experiencing labor shortages but the service industry is hit extremely hard. most business that are now on limited hours and/or days are doing this because of lack of employees. mexican restuarants are the only ones that don't have employee shortages as they are coming in by the thousands.
No one wants to work anymore, when you can get what you need for free it reduces incentive to labor to survive.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
No one wants to work anymore, when you can get what you need for free it reduces incentive to labor to survive.
As far as ND goes this is just largly false. The main issue is with our ultra low unemployment, all the high school and college kids don't need to take all the shit minimum wage service jobs. They can find better jobs/pay and that leaves nobody for service jobs other than immigrants and we know how everyone here feels about that.

Everyone that complains about businesses being closed and how nobody wants to work should go ahead and pick up a few shifts a week at the local fast food place.

Last edited:

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As far as ND goes this is just largly false. The main issue is with our ultra low unemployment, all the high school and college kids don't need to take all the shit minimum wage service jobs. They can find better jobs/pay and that leaves nobody for service jobs other than immigrants and we know how everyone here feels about that.

Everyone that complains about businesses being closed and how nobody wants to work should go ahead and pick up a few shifts a week at the local fast food place.
That's a lot of words for societal and moral decay..

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a lot of words for societal and moral decay..
1720039380889.png

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

We have saying " if they can fog a mirror we will give them a try " starting pay with zero experience is $ 20.00 with paid health insurance, 401, and paid holidays and we can't get anyone in the door to apply and this is for a commercial construction company

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have saying " if they can fog a mirror we will give them a try " starting pay with zero experience is $ 20.00 with paid health insurance, 401, and paid holidays and we can't get anyone in the door to apply and this is for a commercial construction company
I tried to find some labor to help me in my orchard for a day or two cuz my knee is fudged right now by posting on facebook. Offered $20/hour cash and didnt get a single response...

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure and with 2% unemployment rates where do you expect those applicants to come from? A healthy unemployment rate is more like 4-5%. Anything below that and you are literally going to need to lure people away from other jobs.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sure and with 2% unemployment rates where do you expect those applicants to come from? A healthy unemployment rate is more like 4-5%. Anything below that and you are literally going to need to lure people away from other jobs.
And that drives wages up..

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 30
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 11