Can you say recession

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Once you get your old truck paid off it sucks having to
Think about spending $900 a month for a new trucks. I figure I save 10k every year I hold off buying a new truck. I couldn’t forgive myself if I bought even a $50k trucks when the
Same trucks were 25% cheaper less than a decade ago. Insane the cheapest trim other than a work truck is still over $50k
Problem is, they use so much salt these days in ND that our trucks rust like MN vehicles.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will say it again ROYALTIES

that extra bump it may be small or massive but its going to purchase some items for the ones that have them coming in.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shouldn’t be surprised I guess.

I will say this though. Everyone knows I’m a gun nut.

HOWEVER….

IF I EVER spend 40k on a rifle I personally am going to kick my own arse so hard it ends up around my armpits!!
You'll be over that for an MP-5 with a sprinkle-switch......

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 11 ram has 200k on it. In the last month I've put a condenser in it and a radiator to keep er going. Trying to avoid buying for as long as possible. Fucker still operates like it's new. I might just have to buy another ram. It has been a good little rig. Fuck payments. Most people are a slave to payments.
Right there with you. '11 Ford w/230K +. Once and a while I have to spend a few bucks on it for this or that, but, I pulls my boat and is still quite capable of comfortable road trips @ interstate speeds. I wish it had a bigger fuel tank, everything else pretty well suits my needs.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a misconception that people think rising personal debt levels is a sign of a bad economy, when the reality is usually the opposite. When the economy is humming along and people are secure in their jobs and confident about the future they are more likely to take on debt in the form of a bigger house, lake cabin, toys etc. In a bad economy or recession people tend to reduce spending and not make any big purchases.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a misconception that people think rising personal debt levels is a sign of a bad economy, when the reality is usually the opposite. When the economy is humming along and people are secure in their jobs and confident about the future they are more likely to take on debt in the form of a bigger house, lake cabin, toys etc. In a bad economy or recession people tend to reduce spending and not make any big purchases.
In a bad economy people also tend to increase their credit card debt to keep up with their standard of living they have grown accustom to.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
In a bad economy people also tend to increase their credit card debt to keep up with their standard of living they have grown accustom to.
Correct which is why credit card stocks are fairly recession proof, but as a matter of overall debt the amount is pretty insignificant. Credit card debt also often doesn't take into account the people that carry a balance but pay it off every month. I literally put everything on CC and have the balance auto deducted from checking every month. I always have 1,500-4,000 on my CC but have never paid a dime of interest in my entire life. Free 30-45 day loan and free flights for life if you are disciplined.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Once you get your old truck paid off it sucks having to
Think about spending $900 a month for a new trucks. I figure I save 10k every year I hold off buying a new truck. I couldn’t forgive myself if I bought even a $50k trucks when the
Same trucks were 25% cheaper less than a decade ago. Insane the cheapest trim other than a work truck is still over $50k
I have come to the conclusion you can replace part after part after part on an older truck and be better off financially then a new one. Sucks dealing with replacing the parts though...sucks less not having payments. 😁

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have come to the conclusion you can replace part after part after part on an older truck and be better off financially then a new one. Sucks dealing with replacing the parts though...sucks less not having payments. 😁
Buy at 150,000 miles or so, sell or junk when they start needing parts all the time.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Then what will the market bear for an entry level no experience laborer ? with the increase in materials, interest rates, operating costs the housing market has slowed considerably and commercial will be next. Add an increase in labor costs across the board will bring the industry to its knees. Without the building industry the rest of the economy will follow.
Mid 20’s

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 380
  • This month: 268
  • This month: 209
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 128
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 87