Chris Rock has race issues....

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few jokes at the intro were fine, and he picked on both sides a little bit in the opening, but going on and on about it through the entire show got very old very fast.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
oscar-the-grouch-smoking-weed.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I thought mentioning it was OK, maybe uncalled for, but whatever. Unfortunately he was fixated on the race thing and it got old very fast. He was really quick to point out that black athletes are superior to whites tho. Sounded to me like the most racist person there was standing on stage... Maybe he should call for more black people to go to movies, he should know better than anyone, $$$ speak louder than words!

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never did find the guy funny, actually always thought of him as rather annoying.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea it was a pretty pathetic show I thought.
And to end the show with "music" by Niggaz Wit Attitudes. With fine tunes such as FU!*the police...really?

I did find this funny "yet very true thou"

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really? he pulled the black athlete card? So if true,where are the black hockey players? or black swimmer's? How about black alpine skiers or cross country skiers? just to name a few.Did'nt waste my time last night,these blacks some how feel entitled even tho they lack in acting,the few blacks that made it over the years deserved it and not because they were black.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
There would be more black hockey players if they had parents that were dedicated enough to pay the $$$ it costs to participate and willing to give up their weekends for 4 months out of the year for the 10 years or so it takes them to get good enough to participate at the high school level...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't watch it. I even skipped the news this am with the goal of not seeing/hearing any progressive bitching/whining about it.

#winning!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leonardo used his 2 minutes to push the global warming issue...

Last edited:

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Amazing how Hollywood is now into journalism and reporting to the globe about news more than they are about movies?? I mean, last night it was politics, sexism, racism, global warming, black lives matter, etc.

I'd swear they all want to be a Walter Cronkite!

#$%^&>

Last edited by a moderator:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
The 88th Annual Academy Awards had controversy, Chris Rock, and a few surprises ("Spotlight" wins Best Picture!), but the big storylines on Hollywood's biggest night brought in disappointing ratings for the Oscars.
The show drew a 23.4 overnight rating on Sunday night, according to ABC.
The ratings for the three and a half hour broadcast was down 5% from last year's 24.6 overnight rating and would give the awards its lowest overnight rating in eight years.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
The people that are crying racism every other day need to step back and ask themselves if it's the color of their skin that's holding them back or their terrible decision making?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
the people that are crying racism every other day need to step back and ask themselves if it's the color of their skin that's holding them back or their terrible decision making?

that's racist!!! :d

- - - Updated - - -

I tired to scream that but V's "let's use our quiet voices" robot ruined it. :mad:

- - - Updated - - -

coaazAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were boozing on the beach last night. Wasn't going to watch Hollywood pat themselves on the back anyways.
#beachdayslivesmatter

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33