CWD survey Mich St Univerisity

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you read my other link?
Science has known for sometime that the prions spread through brain and spinal cord tissue, that's how scientists were able to figure out how some cows got sick when others didn't. When feed lots would grind up dead calfs into their feed, the cows consumed the brain and spinal tissue where infected with the prions. So what is the common denominator here 🤔
Rendering plants pick up guts, bones, offal and make many products from it. Soaps, bone meal etc. Animal fats mixed in with grains and fed back to cattle was a thing decades ago. My neighbor had some and it was kind of a greasy grain. Made his calves shine. We now know that was a bad practice.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rendering plants pick up guts, bones, offal and make many products from it. Soaps, bone meal etc. Animal fats mixed in with grains and fed back to cattle was a thing decades ago. My neighbor had some and it was kind of a greasy grain. Made his calves shine. We now know that was a bad practice.
Perhaps it's been discussed here a thousand times already and if it is please forgive me for asking again.
Does biologist know how prions are transferred from one deer to another?
Does biologist know of deer that have contracted the prion but never got sick and died?
Does biologist know if any other animal (domestic or wild) that has consumed the meat of the deer carcass been infected with the prion virus and die?

Has biologist been able to detect the prion virus in the tissue of the deer carcass (especially the meat) without the direct contamination of the brain or spinal tissue?

These are questions that should be and possibly already are answered, the issue here is possibly the same problem others have is the credibility of the studies that have been written as facts or a hypothesis that others have concluded as true. Scientific research right now especially in biology and the effects and treatments of viruses has been affected by junk Science that is pushed to serve a specific agenda.

Human scientific technology is able to break down the DNA of a the human and be able to find certain genome (markers) sequences that can be used to predict diseases that other humans are do not carry, that's amazing breakthrough that will be used someday to be able to cure diseases. Either by producing a geo - virus or removing the DNA sequences from the embryo, then replace them with the dna marker of a healthy person.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0022283619306977#:~:text=, %5B27%5D%5D.-,A naturally occurring protective polymorphism G127V in human PrP has,attenuate prion disease %5B29%5D.

https://www.zmescience.com/feature-...n-eating-disease-caused-by-human-cannibalism/

These 2 articles are discussing the disease that is called kuru or Creutzfeldt-Jacob variant that is caused by humans consuming of meat and other organs like the brain and the spinal cord. The second article has some unique information as how a mother could possibly pass on the prions to their children by only touching the brain matter that contaminates other human tissue flesh that was later consumed.

What I found interesting in the second article was the genetic mutation that some of these people had that protected them when consuming flesh with the prion virus , which the person never eventually died of the prion. Being able to study a religious ritual such as cannibalism was only possible because scientists were only interested in studying these subjects essentially in a unbiased controlled environment. Since cannibalism was practiced over many generations on a remote island, scientists were able to make theories that were eventually able to be proven with modern technology that became scientific facts that were eventually studied by other scientists to come up with conclusive evidence that consumption of human brain and spinal cord matter that contaminated the rest of the flesh, which eventually killed others who consumed the meat.

The protective polymorphism G127V, which is what scientists were able to detect in living and dead tissue samples to come up with a theory that was later backed up by others, that this genetic mutation was key to some not being another statistical death to the prion virus.

I believe this genetic mutation in dna samples could possibly be used to find other genetic mutations in other people who carry a genetic marker for a disease like ms, dementia, or other neurological diseases.

Then that scientific research could be used on other animals like deer and why other animals like the pig are genetically immune to the prion virus.

That's the scientific studies that get results by trial and error, i think every hunter who bags a deer should donate the parts of the carcass, that is studied to make a conclusion that the deer was either infected or not. Only through 1000s of genetic samples over many different generations can scientists be able to find a genetic mutation if it even exists in deer. So scientists can possibly find a cure for a virus that is virtually indestructible for all animals including humans who are infected with a prion virus and eventually die.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone loves to cherry pick bits of research to to prove they’re right, but are quick to mock “the science” as nothing but fundraising when it doesn’t support their cause. Ask yourselves why the farm bureau crowd of all people are so involved with the CWD argument.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Farm Bureau is a property rights org. When Game and Fish said they are going to ban baiting on "private property" many orgs and persons said wait what, that is an overreach.........show us your science.

Still waiting..............................................................................................................

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny, you’re a property rights org but think you should control others’ property if it isn’t in agricultural production. Are there bag limits on private property? Can you use lead for waterfowl on private property? When you are talking regulating game animals (which belong to everybody), like it or not game and fish does have the authority to manage. I’m not a big game scientist, so I have no “science” to show you other than what’s already out there. I assume since you are suggesting prions don’t exist it wouldn’t matter what I shared anyway. It actually pains me to say this because I’m not anti-baiting, but show me your definitive proof that baiting doesn’t contribute to the spread of cwd. Waiting…

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
No bravo, if a government agency is going to take rights, the onus is on them to show how it spreads.

They don't know. In 1974 Texas Parks and Wildlife built a high fence research study facility. It is double fenced to avoid contact with deer on the outside. Abundant precautions were taken. After 49 years a deer with no clinical signs recently popped positive. They killed the other 66 deer and there were no more positive tests.

https://www.palestineherald.com/new...cle_b2b0c24e-90c4-11ee-9e9c-5ffc487aa9df.html

They have no idea how it got in there.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Again can someone with a trusted site answer my questions please
Perhaps it's been discussed here a thousand times already and if it is please forgive me for asking again.
Does biologist know of deer that have contracted the prion but never got sick and died?
Does biologist know if any other animal (domestic or wild) that has consumed the meat of the deer carcass been infected with the prion virus and die?

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Again can someone with a trusted site answer my questions please
No
No. A lot of genome work is being done.
No

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Then imho the state and local government do not want to find a way to stop deer from getting sick, if deer were able to be treated the deer population would explode which would also increase the predators that feed off deer.
Until biologist can atleast tell gnf how the prions are being transferred from one deer to another, I stand behind my post above.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually, yes. Oral uptake. https://www.sciencenews.org/article/wasting-deer-deer-saliva-and-blood-can-carry-prions
No. https://www.avma.org/javma-news/2020-09-01/genetic-selection-may-reduce-cwd-among-farmed-deer
No, only deer species. https://www.cdc.gov/prions/cwd/index.html#:~:text=To date, there have been,from infected deer or elk

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
That article is dated 2006. Seventeen years ago. They took a high dose of infected material and shot it up the noses of deer. This would not occur naturally in the wild.

I found the last paragraph interesting:

The new study “lends tremendous credibility to regulations that restrict baiting and feeding of deer,” says Bryan J. Richards, who leads the chronic wasting disease work at the National Wildlife Health Center in Madison, Wis. To fight the disease, states are now banning hunters’ once-common practice of setting out deer feed. In theory, deer clustering around the windfall might increase unsafe social contacts. “A lot of states have been ridiculed because there was no proof” of danger from deer baiting, says Richards.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your first was done in a controlled environment with a very large sample of saliva. Also your first article actually answers my second question since 2 of the 4 deer were not infected by the prions. So the answer for one has ? mark next to it since the study was only able to infect deer with a sample that would not be scientifically plausible in the wild. Good article bravo, would be interesting if the researcher had done any further testing on the 2 individual deer that were basically immune to the prion virus?
I see Fritz beat me to it but I did find something interesting in the article that peak my interests, the possibility that deer may genetically hold a gene mutation that could be used to treat deer who can be infected.
It's funny how the article just casually mentions that part of the study that it's can be chalked up as an anomaly and no further testing is needed. See shit like that gives hunters no faith in research that will point to a significant answer that would benefit the stopping of these indestructible prions.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Googleing questions on cwd is discouraging to find the answers that researcher is accomplishing, Not even if science can detect prion with certainty in a soil samples. That's why sportsman are frustrated with the very slow, like slower then a 🐌, progress in finding actual results to stop a cwd in deer. Scientists with 100 percent confidence, been able to figure out how to stop mad cow disease.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I forgot to mention I purposely linked a old article since anything new would just be considered propaganda by some. And saying they shot infected material up a deers nose is disingenuous. Kind of shows how you have to resort to exaggerating to prove your point. In the study, 2 fawns received 50 ml of infected deer saliva. The study aimed to prove transmission routes. An unlikely amount in the wild yes, but it showed it spreads via deer spit. “The presence of infectious CWD prions in saliva may explain the facile transmission of CWD. Cervid to cervid interactions especially in high density and captive situations would be expected to facilitate salivary cross contact”.

Lunk, the actual study (https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.1132661) also shows that some deer genotypes had prolonged incubation periods. But still to date there has not been a deer that has demonstrated and immunity to CWD. Not even “Dr Deer”, who those at war with NDGF hail as their general. Look into that guy and how he travels from state to state peddling his snake oil. ND hunters are just his latest audience. Funny, a commercial deer farmer fighting tooth and nail against CWD information. Sounds familiar. Follow the money…

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
As far as the study with the 4 deer is deceiving in its research becauze of any sort studies needs to solve a specific theory that has specific criteria. Studies done on deer feeding out of the same water or food file, finding out the avg amount of saliva that a deer can generate at any particular time, then to give those deer that amount in a closed environment to prove that yes saliva can infect other deer with minimal saliva detected. Then you take a saliva sample and introduce it to a food and water source to give you conclusive evidence if in fact cwd is able to be transferred by saliva on a food pile. That's where the research should have continued, you don't stop research because you proved saliva under an obscene amount can cause infection , a size that would never scientifically happen in the wild. Trial and error provides the information that gets studied by further research.
The link you posted is not available unless you have an account

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree svn,if money was spent on more research and less on propraganda, science would be able to have answers that could be backed with real scientific research, unfortunately I don't believe that's the end game when deer in some parts of this country are basically considered an public problem.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree svn,if money was spent on more research and less on propraganda, science would be able to have answers that could be backed with real scientific research, unfortunately I don't believe that's the end game when deer in some parts of this country are basically considered an public problem.

I WISH you'd find a valid way to disagree with me. "Science"/"Climate Change" are terms being used by globalists/communists to replace God.

I'm starting to hate the word "science" along with "vaccine" and "right"--right?! "Yes/no" in the same instance of reply also needs nuked like "irregardless", "umm" and "you know" .

That is all.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I WISH you'd find a valid way to disagree with me. "Science"/"Climate Change" are terms being used by globalists/communists to replace God.

I'm starting to hate the word "science" along with "vaccine" and "right"--right?! "Yes/no" in the same instance of reply also needs nuked like "irregardless", "umm" and "you know" .

That is all.
What do you suggest to define the usage of data that is discovered using a strict set of rules that must be duplicated over many many tries before a conclusion can be made? I'm all for changing the narrative to fix a problem that has been caused by corrupt politicians, because believe it or not scientific research was held to the most strict standards, it was big Pharma who lobbied the rule changers to allow drugs to be approved with less stringent testing. That's why you see more medical malpractice law suits and big pharma being penalized billions in fraud charges. So what do you think we should use 🤔

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you suggest to define the usage of data that is discovered using a strict set of rules that must be duplicated over many many tries before a conclusion can be made? I'm all for changing the narrative to fix a problem that has been caused by corrupt politicians, because believe it or not scientific research was held to the most strict standards, it was big Pharma who lobbied the rule changers to allow drugs to be approved with less stringent testing. That's why you see more medical malpractice law suits and big pharma being penalized billions in fraud charges. So what do you think we should use 🤔
I think my meaning/intent went over your head.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88