DEA is looking to drop marijuana down to a schedule 2 or 3 drug

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
So every one that does not want the feds involved also would want the feds to give all federal land back to the states to have control.

Is that a question or a statement ? Either way it's comparing apples to oranges.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
So every one that does not want the feds involved also would want the feds to give all federal land back to the states to have control.

I think everyone just wants to get high and then the land won't matter.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here you go GST , I skimmed over these and reinforced my opinion on full legalization. Look them over and call me out on every valid flaw you find in them .

http://www.healthline.com/health-news/war-on-drugs-a-failure-un-concludes#5

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-drugs-health-decriminalisation-idUSKCN0WQ1IK

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/06/opinion/branson-end-war-on-drugs/

I form no opinion on this because I don't know the details but I picked up the local paper yesterday and read about two arrests. It is possibly the poorest written article I have ever read but this is what it says in a nutshell. This was a 50 male and 44 Female, I won't post names for obvious reasons but I don't know them other than the last name of one of them is a common local name.

Word for word and punctuation as it was posted in the paper. (Possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.)

Word for word (Both are facing 7 years in jail and $16000 in fines.) Just what we need, The 16,000 won't pay the interest on the money we will spend on the war on drugs today We are spending well over $ 1000 per second on the war on drugs.

Now if they are in jail we are feeding them , if they have family to support they will likely end up either in bankruptcy or on welfare or both. Like I said, I don't know details but this example jumped out at me yesterday. Go pick up a Bottineau paper and decide for yourself if you think this is war is such a fine thing and write a letter to the editor thanking the police for doing such a great justice. I'm pretty sure they are about as pissed off as I am over this war on drugs but they have to keep honor behind the badge .

The controlled substance might be more than weed. Here they always have listed over or under ounces when weed is involved. Seems controlled substance charges are meth or the sort so if thats what they have punishment looks a little week but i think jail should involve hard labor so they dont want to come back. You are really broad when speaking war on drugs you need to specify weed or your words will get twisted

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a question or a statement ? Either way it's comparing apples to oranges.

Its a question and it is not apples to oranges it just proves people will support stuff when they feel it is in their best interest. So do you have more influence with state reps or fed reps?

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I've made it clear that I could care less about edibles. I certainly don't want to endanger any children. Those MJ emergency visits are pretty miniscule compared to how many kids drink cleaning products each year.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/126/3/509[/URL]

Again a turd sandwich will always be a turd sandwich!

once again I will ask you, are those cleaning products being marketed in something that looks like a Harbo Gummi Bear?a

Perhaps if it is your kid it is not so "miniscule".

- - - Updated - - -

Davy here is your link,

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/06/opinion/branson-end-war-on-drugs/

I will ask you one simple question, if the "war on drugs is a trillion dollar failure" and you are using that as a justification to legalize recreational usage of pot, then you must also support the legalization of all drugs to end this war we are wasting monies on right?

After all, as you stated, we are spending over $1000 a minute to fight a war against them.

I'm would guess there are more people in jail for other drug than MJ right? Do the fines imposed there cover the cost of them being in jail?

- - - Updated - - -

Only if they can grow marajuanna on it. :)

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will ask you one simple question, if the "war on drugs is a trillion dollar failure" and you are using that as a justification to legalize recreational usage of pot, then you must also support the legalization of all drugs to end this war we are wasting monies on right?

No opinion of legalization of all drugs but something else has to be done because the war against them is not working and will not work in the future no matter how much money we throw at it, I can see that from a mile away. This issue is even bigger than a salamander trap.

After all, as you stated, we are spending over $1000 a minute to fight a war against them.

we are spending over $ 1000 per second on the war on drugs .

I'm would guess there are more people in jail for other drug than MJ right? Do the fines imposed there cover the cost of them being in jail? No, Not even remotely close, Besides feeding them and giving them everything that they have "rights to" in prison it drives their families to bankruptcy and or welfare so we pay a double whammy , And what they do in prison ? DRUGS, Because $ 1000 a second can't even keep it out of the highest secured buildings in the USA .

crashboombang

The war on Drugs and the war on terror are going to be the biggest threat to individual liberties. The heavy handedness that I referred to is the laws and penalties that the Federal Govt. can impose.
When the Federal Govt can use its weight to impose Federal Mandatory Sentences of 5 years in a Federal Prison on two landowners for a grass fire,or use it's weight to press a young college student, that was caught selling a small amount of MJ, to cooperate in a drug investigation that leads to his death there is something drastically wrong.
The war on drugs should be health based. The schedule of drugs should be based on the likelihood of overdose. Heroin overdoses I believe are at 78 deaths each day, that will never be acceptable for legalization for recreational use. These people are addicts/or in chronic pain and the threat of death doesn't overcome the desire for a fix.
Alcohol leads to an average of 6 overdose deaths per day (evidently thats acceptable) and is a legal product.
The CDC did not record the two deaths in Colorado as an overdose, cannabis was ruled as a contributing factor but not the actual cause of death, (I do believe that the edible market needs more regulation to address this). So far there are 0 overdose deaths directly related to cannabis, however I am not so naive as to believe there are no downsides to cannabis. It should only be available to adults over 21 and regulated like alcohol with the same penalties that would come with its misuse i.e driving, etc.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Posted by KurtrIts a question and it is not apples to oranges it just proves people will support stuff when they feel it is in their best interest. So do you have more influence with state reps or fed reps?[/QUOTE]

The apples to oranges I was referring too was talking about the war on drugs and federal land grab in the same sentence. As far as state VS Fed ? I don't have much influence at either level , I sent emails about 5 or 6 years ago advocating medical use and the snobby responses I got pissed me off.

It's human nature to support something when it's in your best interest and not support it when it isn't .

- - - Updated - - -

this year's pink lady crop has been oustanding

I give, I was trying to find out for myself what This year's Pink lady crop must look like but there are just too many variables and I really do want to know Just incase it's apples . mine woke up and started growing buds last month during that warm spell so I'm thinking it might be another crop failure for me.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
screw it legalize it all. we desperately need the population control and to get rid of dip shits that are voting for the likes of Hillary, etc.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Davy, you miss the point.

If you argue the cost of the war on drugs is a legitimate reason to legalize and regulate and tax pot, then it becomes a legitimate argument to legalize ALL drugs.

But yet people try and claim that connection will not be made or accepted. But yet positions such as the one in this link are being presented to do that very thing.

Read this link and tell us how many arguments in it have been made here to justify legalizing pot.

http://theweek.com/articles/445005/why-all-drugs-should-legal-yes-even-heroin

- - - Updated - - -

We've come a long way since Reefer Madness. Over the past two decades, 16 states have de-criminalized possession of small amounts of marijuana, and 22 have legalized it for medical purposes. In November 2012, Colorado and Washington went further, legalizing marijuana under state law for recreational purposes. Public attitudes toward marijuana have also changed; in a November 2013 Gallup Poll, 58 percent of Americans supported marijuana legalization.
Yet amidst these cultural and political shifts, American attitudes and U.S. policy toward other drugs have remained static. No state has decriminalized, medicalized, or legalized cocaine, heroin, or methamphetamine. And a recent poll suggests only about 10 percent of Americans favor legalization of cocaine or heroin. Many who advocate marijuana legalization draw a sharp distinction between marijuana and "hard drugs."

That's understandable: Different drugs do carry different risks, and the potential for serious harm from marijuana is less than for cocaine, heroin, or methamphetamine. Marijuana, for example, appears incapable of causing a lethal overdose, but cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine can kill if taken in excess or under the wrong circumstances.
But if the goal is to minimize harm — to people here and abroad — the right policy is to legalize all drugs, not just marijuana.

In fact, many legal goods cause serious harm, including death. In recent years, about 40 people per year have died from skiing or snowboarding accidents; almost 800 from bicycle accidents; several thousand from drowning in swimming pools; more than 20,000 per year from pharmaceuticals; more than 30,000 annually from auto accidents; and at least 38,000 from excessive alcohol use.

Few people want to ban these goods, mainly because while harmful when misused, they provide substantial benefit to most people in most circumstance

The same condition holds for hard drugs. Media accounts focus on users who experience bad outcomes, since these are dramatic or newsworthy. Yet millions risk arrest, elevated prices, impurities, and the vagaries of black markets to purchase these goods, suggesting people do derive benefits from use.
That means even if prohibition could eliminate drug use, at no cost, it would probably do more harm than good. Numerous moderate and responsible drug users would be worse off, while only a few abusive users would be better off.
And prohibition does, in fact, have huge costs, regardless of how harmful drugs might be

First, a few Economics 101 basics: Prohibiting a good does not eliminate the market for that good. Prohibition may shrink the market, by raising costs and therefore price, but even under strongly enforced prohibitions, a substantial black market emerges in which production and use continue. And black markets generate numerous unwanted side effects.
Black markets increase violence because buyers and sellers can't resolve disputes with courts, lawyers, or arbitration, so they turn to guns instead. Black markets generate corruption, too, since participants have a greater incentive to bribe police, prosecutors, judges, and prison guards. They also inhibit quality control, which causes more accidental poisonings and overdoses.

What's more, prohibition creates health risks that wouldn't exist in a legal market. Because prohibition raises heroin prices, users have a greater incentive to inject because this offers a bigger bang for the buck. Plus, prohibition generates restrictions on the sale of clean needles (because this might "send the wrong message"). Many users therefore share contaminated needles, which transmit HIV, Hepatitis C, and other blood-borne diseases. In 2010, 8 percent of new HIV cases in the United States were attributed to IV drug use.

Prohibition enforcement also encourages infringements on civil liberties, such as no-knock warrants (which have killed dozens of innocent bystanders) and racial profiling (which generates much higher arrest rates for blacks than whites despite similar drug use rates). It also costs a lot to enforce prohibition, and it means we can't collect taxes on drugs; my estimates suggest U.S. governments could improve their budgets by at least $85 billion annually by legalizing — and taxing — all drugs. U.S. insistence that source countries outlaw drugs means increased violence and corruption there as well (think Columbia, Mexico, or Afghanistan).

The bottom line: Even if hard drugs carry greater health risks than marijuana, rationally, we can't ban them without comparing the harm from prohibition against the harms from drugs themselves.
In a society that legalizes drugs, users face only the negatives of use. Under prohibition, they also risk arrest, fines, loss of professional licenses, and more. So prohibition unambiguously harms those who use despite prohibition.
It's also critical to analyze whether prohibition actually reduces drug use; if the effects are small, then prohibition is virtually all cost and no benefit.

On that question, available evidence is far from ideal, but none of it suggests that prohibition has a substantial impact on drug use. States and countries that decriminalize or medicalize see little or no increase in drug use. And differences in enforcement across time or place bear little correlation with uses. This evidence does not bear directly on what would occur under full legalization, since that might allow advertising and more efficient, large-scale production. But data on cirrhosis from repeal of U.S. Alcohol Prohibition suggest only a modest increase in alcohol consumption.

To the extent prohibition does reduce use drug use, the effect is likely smaller for hard drugs than for marijuana. That's because the demands for cocaine and heroin appear less responsive to price. From this perspective, the case is even stronger for legalizing cocaine or heroin than marijuana; for hard drugs, prohibition mainly raises the price, which increases the resources devoted to the black market while having minimal impact on use.
But perhaps the best reason to legalize hard drugs is that people who wish to consume them have the same liberty to determine their own well-being as those who consume alcohol, or marijuana, or anything else. In a free society, the presumption must always be that individuals, not government, get to decide what is in their own best interest.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_offenses.jsp

- - - Updated - - -

I don't claim to have the answers but I have a lot of questions. One thing I do know is we are throwing our money down a gopher hole on the war on drugs. when this war fails to keep drugs out of a prison do you actually think there is even a slight chance it can keep them out of the hands of our kids ?

No matter what the laws and regulations are now or come to be in the future, talking to your kids about drugs is your best insurance. We used to have family meetings about once a month or special meetings when needed. just my Wife and I and our two boys, Started when they were old enough to talk and continued till they left the nest. It was probably the best thing I ever did for my kids.

I need to read up on other countries and see how they handle the situation.

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
can't wait for uncle to get his shit together on this crap... people are dying here... if i cannot handle something, instead of punishing me and holding me accountable for my actions (victim), punish ALL of society by keeping or making it illegal...

when he takes away cigs, chew, booze, speed limits over 25 mph, red meat, starches, over 40 hour work weeks, guns, knives, unicycles, and sharp sticks, i'll feel way safer, cuz he cares... can't wait...

by the way g, take a look at this... guess who they're coming for next to fix problem #1...

[h=2]Number of deaths for leading causes of death[/h]
  • Heart disease: 611,105
  • Cancer: 584,881
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 149,205
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 130,557
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,978
  • Alzheimer's disease: 84,767
  • Diabetes: 75,578
  • Influenza and Pneumonia: 56,979
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 47,112
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 41,149

[h=1]10 Foods That Cause Heart Attacks[/h]
  • icon_addthis_print.jpg
    Print
  • icon_addthis_email.jpg
    Email
  • Favorites
  • More

By Seth Czarnecki
Reviewed by QualityHealth's Medical Advisory Board

You probably already knew junk food is bad for your waistline, but did you ever stop to think about what it's doing to your heart? In particular, watch out for foods high in saturated fat, sodium, and cholesterol—all of which can raise the risk of heart disease and heart attack, according to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). And while desserts can be dangerous, plenty of other common foods are proven to be detrimental to your heart health. So drop your fork, and pay attention. Here, a guide to the ten foods that can cause heart attacks and what you should eat instead.
[h=2]1. Fried chicken.[/h]Fried food is a known cholesterol and fat powerhouse, but chicken sounds healthy. Four pieces of KFC's Original Recipe Chicken comes with 920 calories, 63g of fat, 350mg of cholesterol—and that's not including the fat-laden sides.

[h=2]Eat this:[/h]A grilled, skinless chicken breast is one of the most nutritional meats you can eat. At 120 calories, 1.5g of fat, and 70mg of cholesterol, a grilled chicken breast can make a tasty substitute for its fried, fat-loaded brethren.

[h=2]2. Sausages.[/h]A staple at tailgate parties and barbecues, sausages can wreak havoc on your arteries. The Johnsonville Original Bratwurst or Italian Sausages contain 22g fat (8g saturated fat), and 810mg of sodium per grilled link.

[h=2]Eat this:[/h]Try smoked turkey sausages. At only 110 calories, 6g of fat (1.5g saturated fat) turkey sausages—though not an everyday fare—are a better alternative.

[h=2]3. Cheesecake.[/h]Let the sweet toothed beware; most cheesecakes will run up your calorie and fat intake. An especially risky choice is the Cheesecake Factory's Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake, which packs a whopping 860 calories, 57g of fat, and 80g of carbohydrates per slice. The allure of this indulgence may be strong, but think twice before diving in.

[h=2]Eat this:[/h]If you have a hankering for cheesecake, opt for the plain variety. With 315 calories, 20g of fat, and 25g of carbohydrates, though it's not a healthy choice, the plain cheesecake is less detrimental to your heart than its chocolaty cousin.

[h=2]4. Steak.[/h]Yes, the steak. High amounts of saturated fat and cholesterol make red meat, particularly in large quantities, an unhealthy heart choice. A top sirloin cut of beef, raw, can run you 594 calories, 18.5g of fat (6.8g saturated fat), and 191mg of cholesterol. If you pan-fry it, you'll add even more calories, cholesterol, and grams of fat.

[h=2]Eat this:[/h]Choosing the right cut of beef can prevent a lot of wear and tear on your arteries. The pricey filet mignon will cost you only 6.7g of fat (2.5g saturated fat), and 67mg of cholesterol. Filet mignon out of your price range? A T-bone steak is less-expensive healthy choice for your red meat cravings.

[h=2]5. Burgers.[/h]Choosing the wrong burger can have big repercussions for your heart. McDonald's famous Big Mac contains 540 calories, 29g of fat, and 1040mg of sodium. Even if you make your hamburgers at home, a three-ounce hamburger made with 80 percent-lean beef still has 14.8g of fat (5.6g saturated fat), and 76mg of cholesterol.

[h=2]Eat this:[/h]The best alternative for ground beef is ground turkey breast. It clocks in at an amazing 120 calories, 1g of fat (0g saturated), and 28g of protein per four-ounce burger. Add ground pepper, a pinch of cayenne, and a dash of salt to beef up your turkey burger

[h=2]6. Pizza.[/h]It's a convenient, Friday-night delivery essential, but pizza is no friend of your heart. A single plain slice has 9.8g of fat (4.4 saturated fat), and 551mg of sodium. But who just stops at one?

[h=2]Eat this:[/h]Pizza is an easy, do-it-yourself meal. Start with whole wheat dough, English muffins, or pitas, then add sauce and reduced fat cheese to create a flavorful, healthy alternative your whole family can help make.

[h=2]7. Pasta.[/h]It's an Italian classic: spaghetti and meatballs. Mom's recipe may include a secret ingredient, but the dish served at Romano's Macaroni Grill has some eye-popping extras: 1,430 calories, 81g of fat and 41g of saturated fat, and 4540mg of sodium.

[h=2]Eat this:[/h]If you have pasta on the brain, try the whole wheat variety. On average, this kind contains only 197 calories, 0.8g fat, and is a great source of fiber. A little marinara sauce won't put you in a nutritional bind. If you're in the mood for meatballs, go for ground turkey.

[h=2]8. Ice cream.[/h]It may evoke memories of your carefree childhood days, but ice cream is anything but innocent. Ben and Jerry's best-selling flavor, Cherry Garcia, packs 14g of fat (10g saturated), and 22g of sugar for every ½ cup (approximately two scoops).

[h=2]Eat this:[/h]The obvious alternative to ice cream is frozen yogurt. The frozen yogurt version of Cherry Garcia contains half the calories and only 3g of fat (2g saturated).

[h=2]9. Doughnuts.[/h]It's probably no surprise that these breakfast blunders made the list of worst heart foods. However, few people know how terrible can be. Just one Krispy Kreme Creme Filled Chocolate Doughnut is a doozey: 20g of fat (5 saturated), 23g of sugar, and 38g of carbohydrates. It'll take you an hour to walk off the damage.

[h=2]Eat this:[/h]Reach for instant oatmeal, which has been proven to lower the bad LDL cholesterol and boost your metabolism. Add some fresh berries for an excellent start to your day.

[h=2]10. Chips.[/h]First, consider that the average 1-ounce bag of plain, salted potato chips contains 155 calories, 10.6g of fat (3.1g saturated fat), and 149mg of sodium. Then multiply those numbers by 112: that's the number of 1-ounce bags that the average American eats in a year. It's the equivalent of seven pounds of potato chips annually.

[h=2]Eat this:[/h]A great choice instead of potato chips and the fattening dips that go along with it are the dynamic duo of pita and hummus. One pita has under 100 calories and less than one gram of fat. Hummus is an excellent, low-fat, low-cholesterol choice for a dip. And it tastes great.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read the responses on there and those people hate America. If Europe is what someone wants move there.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty good recommendations for food there. I don't think what people eat should be regulated though as them being a fat bastard does not affect me. I will be for weed if the weed people will be for suppressors as they help hearing protection and no one wants a population with ringing ears.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
once again I will ask you, are those cleaning products being marketed in something that looks like a Harbo Gummi Bear?a

Perhaps if it is your kid it is not so "miniscule".

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure I said once or twice maybe three four times. I agree the edibles could pose a risk and would support not allowing them if MJ was legalized. The article I posted, the link probably didn't work because I suck at posting showed a little less than 12,000 kids were in the ER for ingesting chemicals. I have three kids not one has drank any. Why because we take precautions to make sure of it. If I had some of those tasty gummie you are obsessed with I would do the same. Shit if we replaced gummies with those black guns you would sound like Obama.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
can't wait for uncle to get his shit together on this crap... people are dying here... if i cannot handle something, instead of punishing me and holding me accountable for my actions (victim), punish ALL of society by keeping or making it illegal...

when he takes away cigs, chew, booze, speed limits over 25 mph, red meat, starches, over 40 hour work weeks, guns, knives, unicycles, and sharp sticks, i'll feel way safer, cuz he cares... can't wait...

by the way g, take a look at this... guess who they're coming for next to fix problem #1... t.

Ah raider the uninformed or agenda drivers need to become better informed or top lying to people to acheive their goals. :)

And before you have a Davy moment, that was NOT directed at you.

People that wish to actually use science and fact can provide you a fair bit of information that counters claims such as you shared. This is information on one breed we use but all beef that has high marbling contains these beneficial monounsaturated fats, oleic and linoleic acids that are beneficial to lowering cholesterol and preventing early unset diabetes.

http://www.vbarvwagyu.com/red-wagyu-health-benefits.htm

HEALTH BENEFITS OF WAGYU BEEF
akaushi-filet3.jpg
Wagyu is a distinct breed established in 1940. The meat contains intense marbling throughout and grades three levels above prime. The marbling in Red Wagyu beef has the highest percentage of monounsaturated fat of any beef in the U.S. As a result the meat has a delectably intense buttery flavor as well as scrumptious juiciness and breathtaking tenderness.

FINALLY A RED MEAT THAT'S GOOD FOR YOU!
High ratio of monounsaturated fat to saturated fat:

• Lowers cholesterol
  • Prevents coronary disease
  • Helps weight loss
Significant amounts of Oleic acid:

• Good for the heart
High levels of Conjugated Linoleic acid:

• Contribute to weight loss
  • Improve the immune system
  • Helps fight cancer
  • Reduce the risk of Heart Disease
  • Reduce the risk of Type 2 Diabetes
Red Wagyu beef has the lowest cholesterol of almost any kind of meat sold in the U.S.

Sources: Washington State University; Texas A&M University; Penn State University; Lethbridge Research Centre, Canada; Journal of the American Heart Association; Journal of Scientific Neurology; Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

2 oz:
Red Wagyu/Akaushi - 10 mg
Turkey - 36 mg
Chicken - 32 mg
Fish - 28 mg
Buffalo - 39 mg
Rabbit - 32 mg
Deer - 45 mg

Nutrition Information: USDA, Agricultural Research Service, 2006. USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 18. Nutrient Data Laboratory Home Page: http://www.nal.usda/fnic/foodcomp. Portion sizes are 2 ounces of raw meat.

akaushi-filet1.jpg

We have now paired with the most trusted name recognized organization in America, The American Heart Association to share their findings relating to beef and the beneficial value of it that blows old or agenda driven claims out of the water.

But even if you do not want the fat in your diet, lean red meat has been shown to be a heart beneficial food as well.

Beef in an Optimal Lean Diet (BOLD) provides consumers healthy and nutritious choices at the meat counter.

http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/CMDocs/BIWFD/Bold/BOLDFactSheet.pdf

T
he latest research on heart health and lean beef
presents a new way of thinking: lean beef can be part
of a solution to one of America’s greatest health
challenges - eating for a healthy heart. A study published
in the
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
found that
participants in the BOLD (Beef in an Optimal Lean Diet)
study experienced a 10% decrease in LDL cholesterol from
baseline when they ate lean beef daily as part of a heart-
healthy diet and lifestyle containing less than 7% of calories
from saturated fat.
1*
The BOLD clinical study substituted lean beef for white
meat as part of an overall heart-healthy diet and found
the improvements in LDL cholesterol seen on the beef-
containing diets were just as effective as the gold standard
heart-healthy diet (DASH, Dietary Approaches to Stop
Hypertension).
The BOLD diet contained 4.0 oz. of lean
beef and the BOLD-PLUS diet contained 5.4 oz. (weights
before cooking) of lean beef
daily with both diets providing
less than 7% of calories from
saturated fat. After five weeks,
there were significant reductions
in total and LDL cholesterol.
Many of the BOLD and
BOLD-PLUS diet menu plans
incorporated recipes from
The
Healthy Beef Cookbook
The study used rigorously designed research—a
Randomized Controlled Clinical Intervention Trial—to
investigate the effects of cholesterol-lowering diets with
varying amounts of lean beef. In this study, 36 participants
(adults ages 30-65 with moderately elevated cholesterol)
were randomly assigned to a treatment order and in a
cross-over design, consumed a total of four diets (BOLD,
BOLD-PLUS, DASH and Healthy American Diet (HAD) as
control) for five weeks each.
The BOLD study is the latest addition to a body of evidence
that supports including lean beef in a heart-healthy diet. To
learn more about this study, please visit BeefNutrition.org.
Nutritional Breakdown of Study Diets
HAD
DASH
BOLD
BOLD-
PLUS
Calories
kcal
kcal
kcal
kcal
Protein
(% of total calories)
17%
18%
19%
27%
Carbohydrate
(% of total calories)
50%
55%
54%
45%
Fat
(% of total calories)
33%
27%
28%
28%
Saturated Fat
(% of total calories)
12%
6%
6%
6%
Monounsaturated
Fat
(% of total calories)
11%
9%
11%
12%
Polyunsaturated
Fat
(% of total calories)
7%
8%
7%
7%
Lean Beef
(oz./day**)
** Weight before cooking
Healthy American Diet (HAD):
Control diet, included more refined grains, full-fat dairy
products, oil and butter to reflect current American
dietary habits.
Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension
(DASH):
Considered the “gold standard” heart-healthy diet, this eating
plan featured vegetables, fruits and low-fat dairy and limited
red meat and sweets.
Beef in an Optimal Lean Diet (BOLD):
Similar to the DASH diet (rich in vegetables, fruits, whole
grains, nuts and beans) and protein amount, but used
lean beef (4 oz./day) as the primary protein source, whereas
the DASH diet used primarily white meat and plant
protein sources.
Beef in an Optimal Lean Diet Plus (BOLD-PLUS):
Similar to the BOLD diet, but with higher protein and lean
beef intake (5.4 oz./day).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure I said once or twice maybe three four times. I agree the edibles could pose a risk and would support not allowing them if MJ was legalized. The article I posted, the link probably didn't work because I suck at posting showed a little less than 12,000 kids were in the ER for ingesting chemicals. I have three kids not one has drank any. Why because we take precautions to make sure of it. If I had some of those tasty gummie you are obsessed with I would do the same. Shit if we replaced gummies with those black guns you would sound like Obama.

You miss the point. The people advocating for legalization in Colorado made the same arguments and justification being heard on here. And yet the end result was pot being marketed in a manner that was attractive and confusing to kids to the point it IS causing issues that some here have denied or dismissed.

draino is not marketed in a container that looks like a juice box.

So you are a good parent, maybe a good parents kids friends parents that smoke weed are not. They may even have a bottle of Jack around, or a pack of Pall Malls laying around, but which do you think a 6 year old will consume enough to get sick from, gummi bear pot a Marlburo or a bottle of Jack?

I used to like candy cigarettes as a kid. Had an Great uncle that would give us kids each a pack and a Key chewin tobbacco can full of new pennies when he would visit.

But as a parent, hell even in my 20's I understood the reasoning behind getting rid of candied cigarettes.

I guess candy gummi bear pot is not as bad because despite the risks they are still selling it in Colorado.

I am sure there are people there justifying the need for pot that looks like kids candy.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah raider the uninformed or agenda drivers need to become better informed or top lying to people to acheive their goals. :)

And before you have a Davy moment, that was NOT directed at you.

People that wish to actually use science and fact can provide you a fair bit of information that counters claims such as you shared. This is information on one breed we use but all beef that has high marbling contains these beneficial monounsaturated fats, oleic and linoleic acids that are beneficial to lowering cholesterol and preventing early unset diabetes.

http://www.vbarvwagyu.com/red-wagyu-health-benefits.htm

HEALTH BENEFITS OF WAGYU BEEF
akaushi-filet3.jpg
Wagyu is a distinct breed established in 1940. The meat contains intense marbling throughout and grades three levels above prime. The marbling in Red Wagyu beef has the highest percentage of monounsaturated fat of any beef in the U.S. As a result the meat has a delectably intense buttery flavor as well as scrumptious juiciness and breathtaking tenderness.

FINALLY A RED MEAT THAT'S GOOD FOR YOU!
High ratio of monounsaturated fat to saturated fat:

• Lowers cholesterol
  • Prevents coronary disease
  • Helps weight loss
Significant amounts of Oleic acid:

• Good for the heart
High levels of Conjugated Linoleic acid:

• Contribute to weight loss
  • Improve the immune system
  • Helps fight cancer
  • Reduce the risk of Heart Disease
  • Reduce the risk of Type 2 Diabetes
Red Wagyu beef has the lowest cholesterol of almost any kind of meat sold in the U.S.

Sources: Washington State University; Texas A&M University; Penn State University; Lethbridge Research Centre, Canada; Journal of the American Heart Association; Journal of Scientific Neurology; Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

2 oz:
Red Wagyu/Akaushi - 10 mg
Turkey - 36 mg
Chicken - 32 mg
Fish - 28 mg
Buffalo - 39 mg
Rabbit - 32 mg
Deer - 45 mg

Nutrition Information: USDA, Agricultural Research Service, 2006. USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 18. Nutrient Data Laboratory Home Page: http://www.nal.usda/fnic/foodcomp. Portion sizes are 2 ounces of raw meat.

akaushi-filet1.jpg

We have now paired with the most trusted name recognized organization in America, The American Heart Association to share their findings relating to beef and the beneficial value of it that blows old or agenda driven claims out of the water.

But even if you do not want the fat in your diet, lean red meat has been shown to be a heart beneficial food as well.

Beef in an Optimal Lean Diet (BOLD) provides consumers healthy and nutritious choices at the meat counter.

http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/CMDocs/BIWFD/Bold/BOLDFactSheet.pdf

T
he latest research on heart health and lean beef
presents a new way of thinking: lean beef can be part
of a solution to one of America’s greatest health
challenges - eating for a healthy heart. A study published
in the
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
found that
participants in the BOLD (Beef in an Optimal Lean Diet)
study experienced a 10% decrease in LDL cholesterol from
baseline when they ate lean beef daily as part of a heart-
healthy diet and lifestyle containing less than 7% of calories
from saturated fat.
1*
The BOLD clinical study substituted lean beef for white
meat as part of an overall heart-healthy diet and found
the improvements in LDL cholesterol seen on the beef-
containing diets were just as effective as the gold standard
heart-healthy diet (DASH, Dietary Approaches to Stop
Hypertension).
The BOLD diet contained 4.0 oz. of lean
beef and the BOLD-PLUS diet contained 5.4 oz. (weights
before cooking) of lean beef
daily with both diets providing
less than 7% of calories from
saturated fat. After five weeks,
there were significant reductions
in total and LDL cholesterol.
Many of the BOLD and
BOLD-PLUS diet menu plans
incorporated recipes from
The
Healthy Beef Cookbook
The study used rigorously designed research—a
Randomized Controlled Clinical Intervention Trial—to
investigate the effects of cholesterol-lowering diets with
varying amounts of lean beef. In this study, 36 participants
(adults ages 30-65 with moderately elevated cholesterol)
were randomly assigned to a treatment order and in a
cross-over design, consumed a total of four diets (BOLD,
BOLD-PLUS, DASH and Healthy American Diet (HAD) as
control) for five weeks each.
The BOLD study is the latest addition to a body of evidence
that supports including lean beef in a heart-healthy diet. To
learn more about this study, please visit BeefNutrition.org.
Nutritional Breakdown of Study Diets
HAD
DASH
BOLD
BOLD-
PLUS
Calories
kcal
kcal
kcal
kcal
Protein
(% of total calories)
17%
18%
19%
27%
Carbohydrate
(% of total calories)
50%
55%
54%
45%
Fat
(% of total calories)
33%
27%
28%
28%
Saturated Fat
(% of total calories)
12%
6%
6%
6%
Monounsaturated
Fat
(% of total calories)
11%
9%
11%
12%
Polyunsaturated
Fat
(% of total calories)
7%
8%
7%
7%
Lean Beef
(oz./day**)
** Weight before cooking
Healthy American Diet (HAD):
Control diet, included more refined grains, full-fat dairy
products, oil and butter to reflect current American
dietary habits.
Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension
(DASH):
Considered the “gold standard” heart-healthy diet, this eating
plan featured vegetables, fruits and low-fat dairy and limited
red meat and sweets.
Beef in an Optimal Lean Diet (BOLD):
Similar to the DASH diet (rich in vegetables, fruits, whole
grains, nuts and beans) and protein amount, but used
lean beef (4 oz./day) as the primary protein source, whereas
the DASH diet used primarily white meat and plant
protein sources.
Beef in an Optimal Lean Diet Plus (BOLD-PLUS):
Similar to the BOLD diet, but with higher protein and lean
beef intake (5.4 oz./day).

- - - Updated - - -

You miss the point. The people advocating for legalization in Colorado made the same arguments and justification being heard on here. And yet the end result was pot being marketed in a manner that was attractive and confusing to kids to the point it IS causing issues that some here have denied or dismissed.

draino is not marketed in a container that looks like a juice box.

So you are a good parent, maybe a good parents kids friends parents that smoke weed are not. They may even have a bottle of Jack around, or a pack of Pall Malls laying around, but which do you think a 6 year old will consume enough to get sick from, gummi bear pot a Marlburo or a bottle of Jack?

I used to like candy cigarettes as a kid. Had an Great uncle that would give us kids each a pack and a Key chewin tobbacco can full of new pennies when he would visit.

But as a parent, hell even in my 20's I understood the reasoning behind getting rid of candied cigarettes.

I guess candy gummi bear pot is not as bad because despite the risks they are still selling it in Colorado.

I am sure there are people there justifying the need for pot that looks like kids candy.

You posting that pisses me off now I am going to bed mouth watering and thinking about high quality beef.:)

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Capturegst.JPG
This is good enough for me GST, since Marijuana has over 1500 different strains of genomes, science needs more research on how to educate and regulate this plant that has been put on a schedule 1 drug top shelf. We need to take baby steps which the federal government is doing now by allowing individual states the opportunity to regulate within their borders. It is a start and that is good enough for me.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
that was just an example of what's out there g... i'm on your side... i grew up raising beef, sheep, chickens, and turkeys, but the internet is full of crap on every side of every fact available... when uncle screws up one thing, he will surely move on to the next... that was my point...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88