Deer mount cleaning

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just wondering what you guys do for cleaning and maintaining that nice mount you have on the wall.... Or do you just let it collect dust? What are some do' S and dont's when it comes to cleaning and are ther products you can use or buy to help with this, or ones to avoid? Also asking same question about fish that are on the wall.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I vacuum my mounts using the small round bristle attachment when I notice they need it. I use windex on the eyes CAREFULLY and if needed I use a small amount of soap in water to wipe off the nose, lips, and antlers. I have also used pressured air every year or so to blow out the dug in dust and crap that accumulates on the mounts. That little evolution is usually done on a warm spring day with very little wind. For fish I just use a fiber duster. I don't do anything fancy or use any special products. Just time and attention to detail. Good Luck!

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
wet rag and wipe them down if you have midget people that are always touching them in your house you can comb them out and wipe them down too

Founding Member
Founding Member
I vacuum them off and then use window cleaner and a rag to wipe them down. They look just as nice as when I brought them home.
FB_IMG_1504362404983.jpg

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Canned air works wonders for bird mounts. But if your mounts are getting dusty enough to need a vacuum, I say it’s time to change the furnace filter you filthy degenerates

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• No results found.
Top Bottom