Deer numbers

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would agree with this, as long as the rest of the states disallow anyone from North Dakota to hunt their state.
How much crying do you think would occur when the residents tag prices have to increase to make up for the money previously received from non-residents?
are deer numbers this bad in any other state? And since it's about money as you say, I'd be glad to pay $50 for a resident deer tag to offset this apparent large money loss.

Last edited:

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
are deer numbers this bad in any other state? And since it's about money as you say, I'd be glad to pay $50 for a resident deer tag to offset this apparent large money loss.

You would have no problem paying $50 and I agree, I wouldn't either. I do remember when tags were $19 and there was discussion about raising slightly the cost. With the backlash that followed you would have thought GNF was taking first born children.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the slews stay full and mother nature doesnt dump 100 inches of snow, the deer could be back in a big way soon. Coyotes are thick again also. I squeeked a pup out of a corn field the other day.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Coming down on the G&F will result in NOTHING. I've said it a hundred times before. The G&F is an arm of the GOVERNORS OFFICE!!!!!!! The top positions are APPOINTED!!!!! That means they must tow the party line regardless of what science says. Call the governor and complain about the lack of good sound scientific data collection and the disgusting lack of scientific data on white tail deer numbers and you might get something done. Lost votes mean something, complaints and whining don't.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
To any and all that want to complain to NDGF about NR's getting deer tags.

That's kind of like bitching out my doctor for the bad job my plumber did in the bathroom.

NR deer tags are set in law, NDGF doesn't make law, they follow it.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So ur saying it is law and that the biologists had nothing to do with selling 50 NR tags to one group of hunters? If we could see the real reports on what tags were sold since the year 2000 then everyone would be on the same page and no more arguing.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
that's like saying the game and fish big wigs don't make recommendations to the legislature which they pass 95% of the time. ;:;rofl

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So ur saying it is law and that the biologists had nothing to do with selling 50 NR tags to one group of hunters? If we could see the real reports on what tags were sold since the year 2000 then everyone would be on the same page and no more arguing.

it surprises me that you cant go on the ndgfp web site and get that. in sodak you can get that plus your draw stats for that unit broke down with how many tags went to land owners and how many went to each year of preference.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
that's like saying the game and fish big wigs don't make recommendations to the legislature which they pass 95% of the time. ;:;rofl

Not really.

- - - Updated - - -

They were buying leftover tags available to anyone, correct?

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can get reports for the previous season. I think a comprehensive report that shows the good years with the bad years over a 15 year period would really get people on the same page. This whole deer thing shouldnt be a yearly arguement like raising the debt ceiling (so to speak haha). The NDGF has painted themselves in a corner. Everyone has alot of preference points and drawing tags will suck for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really.

- - - Updated - - -

They were buying leftover tags available to anyone, correct?[/QUOTE

The point being they were managing the herd for bucks only. Kill all the does. Imagine how many button bucks got shot in the crazy days.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can get reports for the previous season. I think a comprehensive report that shows the good years with the bad years over a 15 year period would really get people on the same page. This whole deer thing shouldnt be a yearly arguement like raising the debt ceiling (so to speak haha). The NDGF has painted themselves in a corner. Everyone has alot of preference points and drawing tags will suck for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really.

- - - Updated - - -

yep i think 4 or 5 years is the farthest you can go back on our big game. data with there harvest stats and what not.

just 4 years ago we were getting triple tags out west with one any deer and two antlerless when the disease and winter hit they cut tags big time. 2 years ago they even offered refunds in corson county. I am not a gfp bobo but between our big game and the disasters they have dealt with on oahe i think our guys in pierre are doing a one hell of a good job down here.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the ND Game and Fish have admitted they screwed up allowing all those tags to be sold. It was crazy there for awhile, you could buy damn near as many $50 doe tags as you wanted.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the ND Game and Fish have admitted they screwed up allowing all those tags to be sold. It was crazy there for awhile, you could buy damn near as many $50 doe tags as you wanted.

Agreed. Pass the popcorn, salt, and butthurt butter. Thanks...

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
They did admit that they over allocated doe tags in the meetings last year. Not disputing that.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hindsight being 20/20, what did we learn? Blue platers and Sconis suck. DU can't be trusted with my donations. Fargo is responsible for ANS, and farmers are lazy children feeding at the government tit. Now let's move on.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hindsight being 20/20, what did we learn? Blue platers and Sconis suck. DU can't be trusted with my donations. Fargo is responsible for ANS, and farmers are lazy children feeding at the government tit. Now let's move on.

a460782b9a1706e279d85b8424251eb5-1.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Don't forget, never trust whitey

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 58
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 22