Electric Vehicles

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m for the development of the technology and if you want to buy one more power to you (pun intended). The bigger limiting issues to me is the grid. We are old and outdated as it is and simply don’t have the capacity to charge all the vehicles. They say that a full truck stop of Tesla semis would take as much power as a small town. A busy gas station would use as much powe as a pro sports stadium. We’d need to plan for this today to make it feasible and we’re not.
Even if the grid could supply it, what is being used to generate all of that energy, fairy dust?

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Even if the grid could supply it, what is being used to generate all of that energy, fairy dust?
Shhhhhh......they don't want to talk about that. Look over here, bad donny. Let's indict him for a protest. "You dirty conservatives are going to ruin the world for my grand babies. Even though I'm fighting for the right to kill them before they are born", said every lock step liberal.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We need to start putting up nuclear power plants all over.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what you guys are saying is in the northern states there should be big indoor charging stations. Have a section that's like the inside of a gas station but with seating so people can sit and enjoy some coffee and food while their cars are warming up and charging. Charge these people by the hour for charging.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like a good time!
Yeah well I wasn't talking about myself perse, since I will probably never own a battery powered car, unless someone is kind of enough to put my name into a raffle and I win one. Just thinking outside the box 📦 🤔 🙄

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I rescind my offer to invest in your battery swap shenanigans as you are Claudine Gay. Such a disappointment.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would I have to wash my vehicle before every battery change?

I'm not sure the last time I saw anything to do with an automobile that looked so sterile.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would I have to wash my vehicle before every battery change?

I'm not sure the last time I saw anything to do with an automobile that looked so sterile.
I’d upsell the bejesus out of that service - so yes.

Also… You want fries with that battery swap?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you imagine going in there in the winter after driving through slushy streets or muddy gravel roads?!! Again, electric cars and trucks ARE NOT for ND winters. Unless you have a spare car for driving when it's cold out you better not go to the EVs.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33