Electric Vehicles

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Remember when Toyota frames snapped in half due to corrosion....ahh those were the days.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not long ago stuck accelerator pedel,many lawsuits then crickets
I remember that also..crazy thing my modern day electronic controlled throttle pegged with no foot on the pedal on the highway. Was coasting at 65 mph down hill..all of a sudden floored! Pegged for what seemed like forever then nothing..scariest shit ever. And no nothing was down there such as bottle of water..had factory floor matt also that were no where close to be able to peg the throttle. American made truck also. My guess something gin the controller unit..moisture who knows.

VDAWG

Founding Member
Founding Member
Talon Metals likes to tout how green and carbon free they are. 😂😂😂😂

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.kfyrtv.com/2023/12/01/p...deal-spend-115m-federal-funds/?outputType=amp
Do you think they had to put on those knee pads? 🤔
Unfricking believable how some people who live in Minnesota started a business out of a old house in a small backwoods town, can start a company with other people who probably also don't live in north dakota and build a federally funded business with American tax payers money. Yeah I think I'm going to stop paying taxes now.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member

Cargo ship carrying burning lithium-ion batteries reaches Alaska, but kept offshore for safety​

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A large cargo ship with a fire in its hold is being kept 2 miles (3.22 kilometers) offshore of an Alaska port as a precaution while efforts are undertaken to extinguish the flames, the U.S. Coast Guard said Saturday.

There were no injuries to the 19 crew members aboard the Genius Star XI, which was carrying a load of lithium-ion batteries across the Pacific Ocean, from Vietnam to San Diego, the guard's Alaska district said in a release.

The fire started on Christmas Day in cargo hold No. 1, a spokesperson for ship owner Wisdom Marine Group said in a statement. The crew released carbon dioxide into the hold and sealed it over concerns of an explosion.

Ship’s personnel alerted the Coast Guard early Thursday morning about the fire. The Coast Guard said it diverted the 410-foot (125-meter) cargo ship to Dutch Harbor, one of the nation’s busiest fishing ports located in Unalaska, an Aleutian Islands community about 800 miles (1,287 kilometers) southwest of Anchorage.

The ship arrived Friday, but an order preventing the Genius Star XI from going close to shore was issued to “mitigate risks associated with burning lithium-ion batteries or toxic gasses produced by the fire,” Coast Guard Lt. Cmdr. Mike Salerno said in an email to The Associated Press.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not a huge fan of EVs, mostly because they have no real place in my life. But if one fits your commuting needs, knock yourself out.

As far as the fire risk they pose, let's remember the many disasters brought to us by other energy platforms, the BP disaster in the Gulf, Exxon's fouling of the Alaskan coast, 3-Mile Island, Teton Dam, etc. Anytime you're talking about concentrated forms of energy there's a risk of disaster.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
1704499055840.png

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When are normal people going to get a $7,500.00 tax rebate for a driving a wore out car or pickup, it's alway some rich person that gets it

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
At one time they said going from steel tractor tires to rubber will never work.
(I am that old)

I will state going to EV will never work for most. db

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I see where Chicago and other cities in this cold have long lines of dead electrics , setting there because they wont charge. It says in the article that the batteries need to be at a normal temp to accept a charge? Wonder if thats in the sales pitch at the dealerships

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see where Chicago and other cities in this cold have long lines of dead electrics , setting there because they wont charge. It says in the article that the batteries need to be at a normal temp to accept a charge? Wonder if thats in the sales pitch at the dealerships
Love it..haha

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not like they weren't warned. Cold and electric......don't play well together. Electric cars in the northland is going to get people killed. I don't like to see folks struggle, but come on. The writing on the wall couldn't have been any bigger.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
When they outlaw the manufacture of all gas engines to the general public, we'll be like Cuba and driving 60 to 80 year old vehicles.
Vote wrong, and this will happen, likely eventually will anyway, as we are on the cusp of it now.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of our techs at work has a Tesla and it goes from 250 miles per charge down quit a bit when gets cold out. Does not like to drive it much when gets really cold.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11