Favorite cold or flu symptom

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
My cure is a hot cup of thera flue about a hour before bed, then a shot of Nyquil at bed time with a extra blanket to make me sweat, It seems to work for me if I do that at first systems, usualy feel way better the next morning.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Currently at war myself. Today is day 3. We've been through the sweats, the super chills no matter what, to now the nice slow drip of snot out of one nostril. Finally ate today, that was weird.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
O.D. on NyQuil then a hot shower (as hot as I can stand) then to bed with sweatpants, sweatshirts, and socks on. 1 or 2 nights later, the cold is sweated out if your body.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother)

Ahhh yes the old apple cider vinegar trick.... awhile back someone told me I should be looking to get off the proton pump inhibitors, and that apple cider vinegar was my huckleberry. After figuring out that it tasted like feet and worse yet actually gave me heartburn I looked for someone to take the stuff off my hands at no charge to them, in fact I’d pay them to take it. With no takers I dumped the stuff down the drain and skipped happily back to sam’s to purchase more omeprozole to end the heartburn nightmare.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve pulled muscles in my abdomen from puking so hard, that reminder of the fun times lasts quite a while.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did a combination of many of the suggested remedies last night. Except the castor oil and enema. Hot coffee with honey, a double shot of Niquil, some airborne, extra blankets, and sitting upright in the bed. Pretty good this morning except for some stuffy nose crap, but I can power through that. At least my hair and teeth don't ache anymore. MAN I hate that!!! On with Monday..............

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The sore back from laying in bed is the worst for me. Airborne does help. 3 days to engage a cold and 3 days to get rid of. Flu shot every year. I don't get out to a lot of public places, ( where the germs live) but haven't had the flu forever, knock on wood

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
O.D. on NyQuil then a hot shower (as hot as I can stand) then to bed with sweatpants, sweatshirts, and socks on. 1 or 2 nights later, the cold is sweated out if your body.

I can't drink the liquid NyQuil, it's icky! They have gel tablets now and if I take them I'm a zombie for at least 2 days.

Last edited:

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did a combination of many of the suggested remedies last night. Except the castor oil and enema. Hot coffee with honey, a double shot of Niquil, some airborne, extra blankets, and sitting upright in the bed. Pretty good this morning except for some stuffy nose crap, but I can power through that. At least my hair and teeth don't ache anymore. MAN I hate that!!! On with Monday..............

Nothing worse than getting sick when you don't want to or during hunting season. All this readings reminds me to start taking on the vitamin C...haven't called in sick for work yet in over 2 yrs. My first signs are feeling mucus in the throat and a sore throat in general....and I will say this I HATE SORE THROATS worth a passion!

Hope ya feel better soon KDM...

- - - Updated - - -

I can't drink the liquid NyQuil, it's icky!

I take a shot and half of that stuff I'm out like a light....lol...thats my go to stuff when I can't sleep and all stuffed up.
Just think of it as bad whiskey...lol

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM, do you think you have a "common" cold or the flu virus?

One time I had bad diarrhea, was very weak but managed to crawl to the toilet, passed out while sitting on the throne. While out, I apparently vomited, when I came too, I called for Mrs. Sluggo….she took one look, threw me a couple towels and walked away.

Being his second-closest neighbor, and the closest one on this site, thank GOD I screen my calls.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Coughing so bad and so long that you have to hug a pillow to keep your lungs and ribs in your body.

I have cracked some of my ribs in the past from coughing. It has happened more than i care to remember. You talk about hurt when coughing after that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 33