Favorite Gun in your safe thread

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
That'd be a Martini Cadet.

About the time The US army was using the trapdoor Springfield, the British army was using a large version of your grandpa's 'Bee chambered in 577-450. If you've seen the move "Zulu" then you've seen the large-bore Marini's in action.

Former co-worker had a cadet-trainer in 22rf that I tried unsuccessfully to purchase from him several times. The specimens I've come across since have all been either butchered or have been WAY to much $$$$.

Might start here:

https://myersarms.wordpress.com

https://www.sarcoinc.com/rifle-parts/small-action-martini-centerfire/?sort=featured&page=1

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That'd be a Martini Cadet.

About the time The US army was using the trapdoor Springfield, the British army was using a large version of your grandpa's 'Bee chambered in 577-450. If you've seen the move "Zulu" then you've seen the large-bore Marini's in action.

Former co-worker had a cadet-trainer in 22rf that I tried unsuccessfully to purchase from him several times. The specimens I've come across since have all been either butchered or have been WAY to much $$$$.

he used it for nra small bore competition I have a bunch of trophy’s and medals in my reloading room from him. He died when I was 6 so I didn’t get a lot of back ground just what my dad remembers. When my grandma died I took a bunch of his old reloading stuff that is cool

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
A fellow I worked with bought a couple of those Martini on the cheap in Australia back in the 1970s. We sure missed out on some good purchases. Another fellow I worked with, his father owned a hardware store and had taken in original muzzleloaders back in the 1950 s. He said his dad got sick of them and stuck them all in a big metal garbage container and marked it $10 each. Makes a guy sick to think what he missed.

Last edited:

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice try "FlatTopPete" aka Joe Biden....I not falling for this one. I lost all my guns in a boating accident.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would have to say that my Rossi .22 is my favorite. When I was about 12 my cousin accidentally shot me with it and almost killed me. It was my dads until my parents decided to get divorced. I didn't want it to get lost in the battle, so I commandeered it.

It's fun to talk to people who are afraid of guns. I get to tell them that I keep the gun that almost killed me as a trophy! And that it's my favorite gun!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would have to say that my Rossi .22 is my favorite. When I was about 12 my cousin accidentally shot me with it and almost killed me. It was my dads until my parents decided to get divorced. I didn't want it to get lost in the battle, so I commandeered it.

It's fun to talk to people who are afraid of guns. I get to tell them that I keep the gun that almost killed me as a trophy! And that it's my favorite gun!

Was I in the sane hospital room as you, in Fargo, in about 1964?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
To answer the OP:

Late '90's New Haven production Winchester M70 Classic Featherweight Stainless Steel in 270Win in a McMillan Featherweight pattern stock.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hands down, my favorite is my Benelli M2 12 gauge. You know how your favorite pair of jeans fits just right, or the comfort of a well broke-in baseball mitt? That's what that M2 is like for me. It just -- fits. And it works! Goes bang every time and is stupid easy to strip down and clean. Light enough to carry around all day, and versatile enough for all my feather-chasing needs.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
20 gauge Binnelli semi-auto with wood stock and forearm. Its light to carry and low recoil. My arms and shoulders don't feel as though they have been hit by a sledge after a day in the field.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of the newest editions but easily the Winchester 243 coyote lite in SS and fluted bbl, that thing has been an absolute heat seeker. Never thought anything could surpass the ol' ruger m77 270 w/ paddle stock my dad got me for my youth season moons ago..
Honorable mention goes to to thee 22-250 ruger hawkeye in that class A wood stock they have with the SS. Best looking guns ever made off the shelf imho.

I thought it was going to be the 270 for sure!

- - - Updated - - -

too hard to pick just one. I'm a big rimfire guy. favorite rimfire rifle is probably the Marlin 39A and rimfire handgun would be the ruger mark IV Lite. shotgun would be my Citori 725 sporting. I have a couple 1911's I seem to shoot way more than my other centerfire pistols and am quite fond of as well.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favorite has to be the 1911A1 I got from the CMP. I enjoy 1911’s but when I hold that one i can only imagine the stories it could tell. That or the M1 Garand from 1943. Either of those guns could have been in fighting oversees or never seen action other than training. All my other guns I own I pretty much know the stories from them but those two their history is a mystery.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84