FBO a sinking ship

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I would like to share my experience regarding my view on Nodak and FBO. Was nothing more than just finding out information and such, I didn't posted much nor did I give any bullsh*t to anyone , I just more so read the thread on these sites. Watch Nodak go down like a turd in the toilet....looking the way things are going on FBO, its heading that direction as well. I agree that it takes a bad apple to ruin it for everyone. Some people are sensitive about how someone slams them and some people aren't, everyone has different knee jerking reaction to a certain level.

When I was on FBO, I notice a few of the members had bikini clad gals for avatars, I thought well if everyone else can do it, I was gonna do it to, for fun. I put one up, FBO took it down...no warning, no PM..nada.....Johnr and the others still had theres up, so I emailed them asked why mine got taken off and others are still up....no answer....few days later I couldn't get in my account. Emailed them to send me my password...again...nothing...emailed them again....nothing. I was forced to start a new account.. I started out as 'That New Guy'....Now known as 'DoubleOdd7'. The point I'm getting at is, I was literally new on the block, trying to fit in with everyone else, wasn't being a jackwagon and I felt that they thought I was a threat, locked me out of my first account.

I'm feeling the love on this site....keep it up guys:cool:
And Vollmer...you 'The Man'

Point taken, and I like that you are worried. It will take a little effort to make sure things stay on topic, but that is the goal. I watched another site called WalleyeCentral battle its way back to being all about fishing/outdoors. It is very doable with the proper tools in place. I believe that we have those tools.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how long before there is a topic on FBO referring to the Unsinkable Turd? Be careful with nicknames, never know when someone will be offended

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
This site has a good vibe right now and I hope it stays that way. All threads are outdoor related. IMO politics, religion, what the kardashians are doing, etc are what turns people against each other. That kind of crap only poisons the well and doesn't belong here. Haven't seen very many threads about rods, guns, dogs, etc turn violent. It's everyone's responsibility to keep that out of here. If that can be accomplished, this site will flourish.

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
The avatar issue on "the other site" started years back when Tim was still running things. I had one of two bucks mounting a doe. Someone took offense to that. Tim emailed me and politely asked that I change it, and I did. Someone over there is hyper sensitive and I suspect they have the new mods by the ear now that Tim's no longer in charge.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think he meant NodakOutdoors.

Yup, thats what site I was talking about...he he....hope nobody took that out of content.....lol
(slaps forhead, thinking) Ah Oh...now what I'd do......

OK OK I love Nodak Angler....

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK....I just have one thing to say: Can't we all get along?:(

Let's seriously have some class and dignity. We all know from whence we came against Frosty and John R. Gillgetter too: Holy shiite: One avatar beats them both... Anyways, we're all going in back there like Elton John and the liberal trolls are hovering here. As I said before, we're all in the "Polite Stage" and things will degenerate into normalcy in time. Anyways, NDA will not survive on "Favorite Sinkers", "6.5 Creedmore" and "Best Fishing Line". Moderation and tolerance with OUR normalcy will decide the course of this site. I foresee it being absorbed into TON. In the meantime, let's have some fun on here.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK....I just have one thing to say: Can't we all get along?:(

Let's seriously have some class and dignity. We all know from whence we came against Frosty and John R. Gillgetter too: Holy shiite: One avatar beats them both... Anyways, we're all going in back there like Elton John and the liberal trolls are hovering here. As I said before, we're all in the "Polite Stage" and things will degenerate into normalcy in time. Anyways, NDA will not survive on "Favorite Sinkers", "6.5 Creedmore" and "Best Fishing Line". Moderation and tolerance with OUR normalcy will decide the course of this site. I foresee it being absorbed into TON. In the meantime, let's have some fun on here.

Bold call, cotton (link dodgeball thing)

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was on FBO for darn near 14 years, and in that time I rarely said a cuss word never had a bikini clad avatar and was an avid poster when I felt I had something to add to the topic. In 14 years I was warned maybe 2 times up until old toby showed up as a moderator. The things Toby pm'd me and threatened me about were asinine. Without knowing me from Adam he accused me of being a drunk or having mental problems... I assured him that his concerns were invalid and then brought his own demons to light...then poof I was gone lol

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
NDA will not be absorbed into TON.
And ... I for one, could talk fishing, hunting, outdoors all day ... every day.
There is always something new to learn, share, debate.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was a long time poster on fbo and I'm jst delighted to have a new home! The mods wrecked that joint (says mr. obvious). Anyhow, I'd like to be the first to welcome myself to NDA. Thumbs Up

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I was a long time poster on fbo and I'm jst delighted to have a new home! The mods wrecked that joint (says mr. obvious). Anyhow, I'd like to be the first to welcome myself to NDA. Thumbs Up

You are Welcome, You ... this could get confusing ...

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was on FBO for darn near 14 years, and in that time I rarely said a cuss word never had a bikini clad avatar and was an avid poster when I felt I had something to add to the topic. In 14 years I was warned maybe 2 times up until old toby showed up as a moderator. The things Toby pm'd me and threatened me about were asinine. Without knowing me from Adam he accused me of being a drunk or having mental problems... I assured him that his concerns were invalid and then brought his own demons to light...then poof I was gone lol

Ya of all things to accuse someone else. haha

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Thats funny i swore had bikini avatars and told toby he was going full retard a bunch of times with his stupid pms and never got banned. They were so inconsistent with how they do stuff it was mind boggling.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never received a pm from Toby which surprised me.....I took plenty of shots at him toward the end......and plainsman of course.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a few pm exchanges with Toby but I never did anything that would warrant a warning or blockage. He didn't seem right though. Maybe its from holding that many catfish?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
this right here explains it all........

Apology.PNG

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh I see it now...I'll just go ahead and banish myself for a short time. Sorry if I offended anyone with my slowness...I'll go now...

Capture.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73