Fisher

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK guys, I know it's not likely but I could have sworn I saw a fisher this afternoon when I was out in the boonies doing a land inspection. It was in some extremely rough country with lots of ravines full of trees and brush and it flashed across the trail in front of me. Only saw the back half of it's body but it didn't look like anything I've ever seen before so I started looking online. It's possible it could have been a very large mink but the legs seemed too long, the color was wrong and I was no where near any water being well up in the hills. Has anyone ever heard of a fisher in this area? This one was about 25 miles SE of Bismarck in the extreme NW corner of Emmons county east of HWY 1804.

fisher.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
We've got'em here in Barnes County, why not Emmons?? Not a stretch for me to believe you saw a fisher!

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup. I'm not saying no. U prolly saw a fisher. I had a wolf in the ditch at 30-40 yards just north of Berlin nd about 12 years ago. Loaded shotgun with too, lookn for rooters or some such. It didn't even cross my mind to shoot em until he stepped into the standing corn after looking at me n my bud a few long seconds. Having shot and seen quite a few coyotes over the years, we were just in awe

oh, and there aren't mountain lions east of the Missouri. Oh, and if u happen to shoot a lion east of the Missouri, it wasn't his/her home. Same goes for any wolves in nd. It's not their home. They're just eating and sleeping here for extended periods of time.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had two fisher looking animals in my backyard by the English Coulee in Grand Forks on Monday morning. They were running around chasing each other and were rolling around each other as well. Kind of reminded me of the way otters will play with each other. They saw me and bounced away into the bushes, but it was pretty entertaining watching them for a minute.

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
not thread highjacking
we have a pic of a wolf on trail camera, he is right behind a four point whitetail. this was 6-7 years ago. Now the other day a guy got a video of a wolf. this in in the black hills. We Don't need them
btw glad ya saw a fisher

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
not thread highjacking
we have a pic of a wolf on trail camera, he is right behind a four point whitetail. this was 6-7 years ago. Now the other day a guy got a video of a wolf. this in in the black hills. We Don't need them
btw glad ya saw a fisher

merely transients. they dont live there. there are no 'established' wolves in sd.

Last edited:

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had two fisher looking animals in my backyard by the English Coulee in Grand Forks on Monday morning. They were running around chasing each other and were rolling around each other as well. Kind of reminded me of the way otters will play with each other. They saw me and bounced away into the bushes, but it was pretty entertaining watching them for a minute.

River Otters have been spotted in the English Coulee before. I remember seeing them years ago hanging out in the coulee by the "Carpet Garage?"(old roller rink).

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
agree just passin through, but a week is to long imo

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14