Florida School Shooting

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
What an awful tragedy this is. Looks like all the signs were there that this kid was going to go mental and shoot up the school. Prayers to the families involved.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope reason will overtake emotion and we will start to find real solutions to these shootings. We see he followed the Iraq fighters so perhaps, perhaps picked up some bad reasoning there. Liberals will call for more gun control specifically again attack AR15's. A doctor on TV just said they have three times the velocity of a handgun (correct) and the bullet comes out the size of an orange (wrong). Two things I see as instrumental. One we kicked God out of our schools. The kids don't see "thou shall not kill" or any of the ten commandments anymore. They are actually taught how little value life has. They are taught to disguise the murder of the unborn as a woman's choice. Also, we have made schools, churches, bars, government buildings etc soft targets. Every time you see a sign no guns allowed you see a soft target. What those stores don't understand is if your hurt in that store they are liable because they limited your freedom to defend yourself.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
i had this thought last night and decided to look into it... I feel doctors are prescribing antidepressants to people who do not need them and the doctors do not do the proper research as to what the drug actually does to people before dosing them with drugs that will damage the persons mind

antidepressant link to school shootings

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think armed officers should be in every school in the nation. We protect so many things but not the children...

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is no way to know when somebody is about to snap big time, some hide it very well. How he made it into the school with the AR is my question. Could an armed security guard or LEO stopped him, been the answer? We'll never know

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
i had this thought last night and decided to look into it... I feel doctors are prescribing antidepressants to people who do not need them and the doctors do not do the proper research as to what the drug actually does to people before dosing them with drugs that will damage the persons mind

antidepressant link to school shootings

Big Pharma seems to be the root of many of the issues in America right now.

Last edited:

ND 41 Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
He was expelled from the school and not allowed on site, yet it sounds like he walked right in. So what keeps anyone from walking right into a school? I think its time to start building schools with controlled entrances-we do it for airports, why not schools? Make them walk single file by an armed guard and if necessary, through a metal detector.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
News said the shooter tried to leave the school amongst the students fleeing,showed two cops tackeling the ass wipe,as a cop taking this kid down after seeing the horrific event unfold my 1st reaction would be to rip this kids throat out and let him bleed out...slowly.I believe florida has the death penalty,hope they excerise it.

Prayers to the family and community.

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agree on the armed guards. Ever since Sandy Cook it should of been made mandatory to employ a armed guard at every school. Have one main entrance and exit everyone has to go through and other exits can not be used other than emergencies. I have 3 kids in school and when I go visit you have to be buzzed in. However a stranger could go up and say they have an appointment with a teacher and get buzzed in. Once in there is no one around. You can walk all over the school. Things need to change! Unfortunately we live in scary times where the vast majority of big city society cream puffs push there ideals to change our values to match theirs. I am not so sure we are going to be able to escape some sort of regulations on ARs after this one. Also as mentioned above I also believe these new antidepressant drugs have something to do with it. The timing of these mass shootings seem to start when these drugs started to get real popular for doctors to prescribe. Also todays technology (phones, internet) are a big reason for this behavior. Don't know the answers but something needs to be done. This can't keep going on! Vary sad deal.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The cure or at least a reduction of incidents like this would be fore the news media to not plaster the shooters name and picture all over the place, as this is their self gratification of becoming known nation or worldwide. The media should control itself and just say a 19 year old male was the shooter and has been arrested. But as we know, the liberal left want to make guns and school shootings a national issue to control them, so they use this as their own agenda. So don't blame the guns, blame the friggin media for helping glorify these knuckleheads on our TV's for the next week. Have they not heard of copy cat crimes? It may not stop all school or workplace shootings, but I sure would think it would reduce the frequency, which ultimately saves lives.

The TV is so stupid these days. I use to watch Jiimmy Fallon, but all his writers know how to do is bash Trump and split the country more. Even the writers of the Stephen Cobert. We need to quit watching and Trump supporters should pull the commercial ads for awhile. Also we need to quit going to theaters or renting movies until all these liberal actors and actresses quit their political Trump rants during their award speeches. Talk about splitting our country more....! The good'ol US of A is a laughing stock of the world because of our own internal bickering. Many talked tough about leaving USA if Trump got elected and moving to Canada or another county. Talk is cheap since they are still living here.

My .02!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
in the old days dangerous people were institutionalized

yep - that sure sucked for a lot of them and it was horribly unfair to most

but when you don't you're going to have the 1:100000 that goes bananas and kills people

if we don't institutionalize dangerous people and try to med our way out of it this is simply a price we'll pay

tigolbitties

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is a terrible thing and I don't know what the answer is to fix it. I begin with the home. Kids are not being disciplined anymore and they have no consequences for their actions. Parents put kids in front of video games and tv or drugging them because they can't take their energy instead of being a parent and spending time with your kids, teaching them right from wrong, going to church, displaying the value of life to them, etc. How many of them come from broken families with only one parent and no guidance?

Kids need consequences for their actions, not a hug and told that is ok, just don't do it again. An example - my wife is a 4th grade teacher. Last year a kid told her that he was going to f*****g murder her. She sent him to the principal and he didn't understand why the kid wasn't allowed back in her room that day. He and the social worker told her not to contact the police. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! A 9-10 year old kid knows right from wrong and exactly what came out of his mouth. I was and still am livid, especially when things like this happen again. There is a good chance that kid who told my wife that could be the next one to do it. She went against her boss and filed a police report, but was told by police he was too young to press charges. AGAIN, WTF!!!

We need to get back to teaching kids respect, the value of life, the value of a family, and having consequences. Once God left our schools, it started leaving our homes and I believe that has had a big impact on our country. There is no easy fix for this. Blaming the gun is the easy thing to do, rather than look at the root cause and admit we have gone awry from our values in this country. We have systems in place to keep people who shouldn't have guns from actually acquiring them, but our government entities don't talk to each other to share the valuable information we have.

I don't have all the answers, but I do know that my guns haven't walked out of my house and killed anyone yet. So I know they are not capable of doing it without someone crazy enough to actually pull the trigger. Sorry for my rant.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope reason will overtake emotion and we will start to find real solutions to these shootings. We see he followed the Iraq fighters so perhaps, perhaps picked up some bad reasoning there. Liberals will call for more gun control specifically again attack AR15's. A doctor on TV just said they have three times the velocity of a handgun (correct) and the bullet comes out the size of an orange (wrong). Two things I see as instrumental. One we kicked God out of our schools. The kids don't see "thou shall not kill" or any of the ten commandments anymore. They are actually taught how little value life has. They are taught to disguise the murder of the unborn as a woman's choice. Also, we have made schools, churches, bars, government buildings etc soft targets. Every time you see a sign no guns allowed you see a soft target. What those stores don't understand is if your hurt in that store they are liable because they limited your freedom to defend yourself.

couldn't agree more

yet when you suggest that to some people you are a bible toting catholic who is pushing there beliefs on people.
this shit will not change until we as a society change

tigolbitties had some valid points as well in regards to parenting, however I'm too lazy to go highlight them

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
in the old days dangerous people were institutionalized

yep - that sure sucked for a lot of them and it was horribly unfair to most

but when you don't you're going to have the 1:100000 that goes bananas and kills people

if we don't institutionalize dangerous people and try to med our way out of it this is simply a price we'll pay

And you expect who to pay for this?

the cheetoh wants to build a wall.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
And you expect who to pay for this?

the cheetoh wants to build a wall.

You are a fucking idiot. this thread made it to only 18 posts before you are trying to turn this into a Trump issue.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
While the lame stream media is wetting their pants/panties condemning guns and the need to have stricter gun laws( which law breakers will continue to break), nary a word is mentioned about the shoot em up films and violent video games that many, many, people..especially young people, play endlessly every day, could also be a possible cause of some of these incidents. Mental health issues can affect their reality of these games and movies. Libs in California movie country would never approve of such comparisions.;:;rant

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28