Freak accident. (Understatement)

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This event/freak accident is a scary "what if" scenario,good grief what are the chances? anyone here have a similar event bass fishing with top water "buzz baits? can't tell ya how many swing and misses on a surface strike I've had with the buzz bait hangin on the bill of my ball cap,safety glasses are a must in my boat whilst bass or musky fishing.glad for the family dad is okay maybe spend extra time in church from now on.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Think of the force he had on that rod to get that much rebound.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Think of the force he had on that rod to get that much rebound.

Going back to my little fishing trip to Van Hook last weekend, that damn carp I caught was snagged by the dorsal fin with the single hook on my spinner. Just about the time my BIL netted the bastard, it flipped out and the whole rig came flying at me as I still had a pretty good bind on the rod. The bottom bouncer hit me in the neck (no damage done) but the spinner whacked me in the face, and stuck. Thankfully the hook didn't go in more than 1/100th of an inch and the hook just fell harmlessly to the floor of the boat when I put my hand up to the ol' face. I thought for a very split second I was going to be ripping a damn hook out of my face.

Probably the closest I've come to burying a hook in myself for at least 10 years.

Thanks for bringing this old thread back up, I had almost finished rereading the whole thing again before I remembered getting smacked in the face last Saturday.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cringe every time I see someone with a 9 line bind on a rod and grab for the fish. These are mostly pros teaching people how to fish.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't say I ever saw a bottom bouncer wire break wow not good. Lord was looking from above.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 82
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 25