Goose Nirvana

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fried walleye, fried pheasant, and fried Busch Light isn't exactly superior Jethro

I prefer grilled walleye, never fried pheasant, and if you say one more word with negative feelings towards busch light, I'm going to shave that beard off your face and step on all your fly rods....triggered.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
that long-handled style is so hot right now.

Get a bigger pot or whatever - but you KEEP that bone Chef Slayer!

tomahawk-steak-minus.jpg

even lamb is happening

Lamb+Chops+%2821%29.JPG

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha!! I'll admit, the comically large bone handle was fun AND functional. Kid loved it especially. He said he was a puppy and gnawed on it after. Truth be told, so did I -- it was that damn good.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Okay,went from goose legs to fred flintstone steak and lamb,gotta admitt rack of lamb seasoned right/grilled is super good but darn spendy in my neighborhood,$50 for 8bones.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_3839.jpg
You guys inspired me to go freezer prospecting. Found 2 vac bags with a dozen mallard legs in each from last fall. If you need me I'll be skipping side dishes and smiling.

Since its duck instead of goose I reduced the braise time and only walked it past a super hot charcoal fire. Tender, juicy, and...teriyaki-y. Excellent

Last edited:

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Okay,went from goose legs to fred flintstone steak and lamb,gotta admitt rack of lamb seasoned right/grilled is super good but darn spendy in my neighborhood,$50 for 8bones.
A quick google search told me that you could buy a live lamb for $100. You know how to butcher right?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
hot-girls-in-the-kitchen-23.jpg
You guys inspired me to go freezer prospecting. Found 2 vac bags with a dozen mallard legs in each from last fall. If you need me I'll be skipping side dishes and smiling.

Since its duck instead of goose I reduced the braise time and only walked it past a super hot charcoal fire. Tender, juicy, and...teriyaki-y. Excellent

No thats fine. I didn't want to try them.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
hot-girls-in-the-kitchen-23.jpg

Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Duck legs may be the best thing next to fried walleye. You done good, sir.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i will try this. With the kid starting to hunt this year we will need some more ways to eat the goose up

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Same for me Kurt. My oldest will be hunting this year, and I have always been a fan of goose (jerky). I like this addition. I will be trying this, for sure.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84