High end coolers.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
The market is pretty saturated now with different brands of high end coolers. What do you use, and How do you like it? I was fortunate enough to get two K2 Coolers from my wife and parents for Christmas this year. I like them a lot. For the heck of it I put 5 lbs of dry ice under 30 lbs of normal ice in the cooler April first and it lasted 24 days. Hopefully that can translate to 5 or so days in the warmer temperatures.
IMG_0851.jpg

LukeLuke

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have anything high end like that. Curious what something like that runs a guy. Would be real nice on a hunting trip.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Pushing the luck with the ole lady as is ... might have to wait a year. But, this is needed.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I keep thinking I need one but am never camping/hunting away from civilization more than a few days. Ice is cheap. My 50 dollar cooler will hold ice for 3 days and that is as long as I would ever need.
still if the price was about half I would get one, just cause

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I keep thinking I need one but am never camping/hunting away from civilization more than a few days. Ice is cheap. My 50 dollar cooler will hold ice for 3 days and that is as long as I would ever need.

^^^^^^ Yup, what he said! Even when I fish or hunt for a couple days in a row I clean out the cooler every night.

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have two yeti coolers and I have been quite happy with them. I have a 25 quart roadie and a 250 quart behemoth. I use the roadie the most, goes most places I do minus winter time. The big one is great for loading up on salmon, halibut, or for week plus long hunting trips.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm never to far from fresh ice. My Coleman extremes hold up to everything I need as of yet. If I ever can get a dream trip( brown bear, moose, Alaska hunting and fishing) I'll get a high end.

Founding Member
Founding Member

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up YEP

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have 2 yetis (25 and 65) and have bought 2 more 35's for gifts...

the 65 went through 6+ years of construction abuse with only scratches... cut my ice usage from 1-2 bags per day to 1-2 bags per week... once you get them cold they stay cold very easily... think i paid $300 for the 65, and it saved me $500 per year in ice ever since when i used it every day... for the pro, it is a tool you use every day, and it will save you money over cheaper tools that have to be replaced every year... great investment...

the 25 is in the back seat of my pickup year round, and on and off the boat all summer... if i keep it cold, i use a bag of ice about every 5-7 days... also keeps pop and beer thawed but cold all winter without bringing it in...

the yetis are good stuff, and have been copied by many other companies now... copying is cheap compared to r&d, and it shows by some other manufacturers having cheaper imitations... i will stick with yeti as i can still order new hinges, seals, feet, and latches if i ever need to... my guess is that another 5 years on my 65 in the construction world would not cost me $50 to refurbish for another 10 years... now that it is a fishing cooler, it might be fine for another 20 years just the way it is...

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been looking at a better quality cooler as well, I can head out on the pontoon for long weekends or several days while camping or boon docking up on the lake or river and avoid civilization and shore camping a lot of times where ice is hard to come by. I have been having a hard time parting with the kind of cash they want for Yeti but want one of equal quality from a company I know like Raider said will be around long enough to find replacement parts for if the need arose.

Been looking for used ones but even they are a bit more than what I would like to spend but time will shake it out for me if I hold out long enough.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just can't pay for one. I can afford it but I just can't shell out that kind of money. I'm sure they keep ice and I'm sure they're awesome, but when I pack a cooler with beer, we're going to the sand bar and people are in and out of it all day.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
My main use for the large one is keeping game fresh during a long day hunting. Some days we start in the duck blind, then hit the fields for pheasants. I like the comfort of knowing the birds we shot that morning will be fine that evening.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Careful with those yetis , I guess a guy left one in his boat for a week and a strong wind came up and blew the cover open , Froze his boat in.

- - - Updated - - -

imagesqtbnANd9GcQklRAwUjKME4kFRac2FKh3ZB-1.jpg

PapaWoodie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love the sound of these upscale coolers. I have some large coleman ones that do the trick as others have stated for the time i'm outdoors.....but, If i were to be on a trip away from civilization for a period of time, a Yetti would be my choice. Friends have them, say they are just the bomb dot com.

Some day.....I keep the jack on ice, coke on ice, and were gooooooood to go!

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been watching many online classifieds for a deal on a Yeti either Tundra 65 or 75 for about a year and finally scored a deal on a brand new Yeti Tundra 75 on e-bay, popped up as a buy it now deal and was the best deal I had seen in a year and jumped on it. Will be a nice addition to the pontoon this summer.:;:rockit

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75