High end coolers.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I looked at a Yetti then saw the Pelican. The Pelican has far nicer latches and handles and is cheaper. I've had it a couple months now and it is every bit as good as my buddies Yetti. Ice generally lasts five days in there in the back seat of my work truck.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife and I looked at them side by side at Runnings in Bismarck and I could have gone either way but the wife actually liked the Yeti better herself so I just had to satisfy her taste in equipment...................:;:muahaha

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got the Yeti Roadie 20 from the wife 3 years ago and it goes on every fishing trip with me. I put a camo pad on the lid so it doubles as a seat as well. Nice little cooler.

muskelllunge13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeti 50 for me....Ive had a lot of coolers over the years its the best. Got on sale at Reed's in Walker several years ago still looks new .

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unless you are going to close the lid and keep it closed for a week, I don't feel like they're necessary at all. That surely doesn't mean I wouldn't like one though.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
20150729_171135.jpg I think I have a problem..

Last edited:

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I keep thinking I need one but am never camping/hunting away from civilization more than a few days. Ice is cheap. My 50 dollar cooler will hold ice for 3 days and that is as long as I would ever need.
still if the price was about half I would get one, just cause

Hmmmmm, isn't this the guy with the new Yeti? :;:thumbsup

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where did you get the dry ice? How much / lb? I guess in some states they sell it at Wal-Mart, but I havent seen it here in ND yet!

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saved $500/year on ice? How much can you actually spend a year on ice? Frozen gallon milk jugs are pretty cheap

Ruger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to Sam's Club and bought an Igloo cooler, can't remember the name but it is of the same material as a Yeti. I used it once and after 4 days I removed 2 gallon size bags of ice from it. It was 90 all 4 days. It is under $200 for a 55 quart (I believe). I am going camping this weekend for another 4 days so it will get its test again. Seems to me it is just as good as any of the other expensive ones

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
The market is pretty saturated now with different brands of high end coolers. What do you use, and How do you like it? I was fortunate enough to get two K2 Coolers from my wife and parents for Christmas this year. I like them a lot. For the heck of it I put 5 lbs of dry ice under 30 lbs of normal ice in the cooler April first and it lasted 24 days. Hopefully that can translate to 5 or so days in the warmer temperatures.
11121393_10101399650496275_772254210_n.jpg

gorgous poodles!

i have nothing to add, other than the only time i'd need a cooler like this is when i wouldnt have access to ice for more than 2 days. i don't think i've ever been in that position though...

part of the crossfit cult eh? lol........i'm self motivating fwiw

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to Sam's Club and bought an Igloo cooler, can't remember the name but it is of the same material as a Yeti. I used it once and after 4 days I removed 2 gallon size bags of ice from it. It was 90 all 4 days. It is under $200 for a 55 quart (I believe). I am going camping this weekend for another 4 days so it will get its test again. Seems to me it is just as good as any of the other expensive ones

thanks for the tip.

http://m.samsclub.com/ip/sportsman-cooler/prod10150470

Warvin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spending more that $50 is just plain stupid. Hook, line and sinker. Right Big J?

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought the Sams club cooler looked awesome as well, but I have heard that they come apart at the seams frequently. I didn't buy them for the ice retention, though that is a plus. They are used as seats/tables in the yard, platforms on the boat, they are beat up every hunting trip, get thrown around every camping outing and are used as equipment cases in the winter for ice fishing supplies, not to mention the normal cooler duties. I wanted something that I could count on to be durable and I haven't been let down.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76