Homicide ? Alec Baldwin

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well in their piss and sized mind they think the gun shot itself

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
He's setting up his defense strategy incase charges are filed is all. He's full of shit.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m just relieved to know Alec does not feel responsible at all and that this is all obviously “someone else’s” fault…his hardcore liberal wokeness continues to come in handy. He’s just another victim and someone else is to blame of course. Now we need to find out who that is and cancel them, FAST!!!

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m just relieved to know Alec does not feel responsible at all and that this is all obviously “someone else’s” fault…his hardcore liberal wokeness continues to come in handy. He’s just another victim and someone else is to blame of course. Now we need to find out who that is and cancel them, FAST!!!
I had to turn the channel, what an absolute POS.

Great synapsis

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
“I cock the gun. I go, ‘Can you see that? Can you see that? Can you see that?’” Baldwin said. “And then I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off. I let go of the hammer of the gun, the gun goes off.”

He didn't mention this in the interview.

Immediately after the incident, an eyewitness told Hollywood gossip site Showbiz 411 that Baldwin started asking how he could have been given a “hot gun” — meaning a firearm loaded with real ammunition.
“In all my years, I’ve never been handed a hot gun,” the actor allegedly kept saying.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So when you pull the hammer back and let it go and the gun goes off you didn't pull the hammer back far enough to lock it back from my experience.

After seeing the prosecutor on ABC news tonight. I am betting he will not get charged. Or it will be a very minor charge, won't spend even one night in jail.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
My experience with hammer fired weapons is that if your thumb slips off the hammer in between the initial "safe" position and fully chocked, the hammer only falls to the initial safe position. Is that not the case on these old replica revolvers?

Point being, he had to have the trigger depressed to have it go all the way down to engage the prime.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
My experience with hammer fired weapons is that if your thumb slips off the hammer in between the initial "safe" position and fully chocked, the hammer only falls to the initial safe position. Is that not the case on these old replica revolvers?

Point being, he had to have the trigger depressed to have it go all the way down to engage the prime.
You maybe correct on most, but I just went and tried your theory on my H & R 999 Sportsman and not so. It was not loaded but it was pointed at the floor. The hammer fell.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
You maybe correct on most, but I just went and tried your theory on my H & R 999 Sportsman and not so. It was not loaded but it was pointed at the floor. The hammer fell.

Interesting, I went and played with a couple of hammer firearms of mine and it also was not 100% failsafe to where I could pull the hammer back to "almost" the fully cocked position. The hammer fell to the firing position about half the time, it seemed like if I got to almost fully cocked it would fire. I had never noticed this before. Even on my Great Plains ML it seemed to fire if I was close to it being fully cocked. Learn something new every day.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
After reading this I tried with both my Ruger single six and my H&R 949. The Ruger fell every time unless it was fully cocked. The H&R stopped short every time. The H& R is a double action while the Ruger is a single action.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member

Not true as far as I know. Just about every revolver I've handled would fire if you release the hammer before locking it back unless you barely pull it back which doesn't have enough action to contact the firing pin. A nearly fully cocked hammer should contact the firing pin every time. The trigger basically releases the hammer, doesn't have anything to do with the firing pin. Again someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
It really doesn't matter, half cock, full cock, big cock, small cock. The gun was in his hand. Bang. Guilty.
Let's go Baldwin.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not true as far as I know. Just about every revolver I've handled would fire if you release the hammer before locking it back unless you barely pull it back which doesn't have enough action to contact the firing pin. A nearly fully cocked hammer should contact the firing pin every time. The trigger basically releases the hammer, doesn't have anything to do with the firing pin. Again someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

My H&R double action does not strike the firing pin if the hammer is released prior to fully cocking it, the hammer stops about a little short. while pulling the hammer back it has 2 stops the 1st one allows the cylinder to be spun and the 2nd is fully cocked.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
My H&R double action does not strike the firing pin if the hammer is released prior to fully cocking it, the hammer stops about a little short. while pulling the hammer back it has 2 stops the 1st one allows the cylinder to be spun and the 2nd is fully cocked.
Interesting, I wonder if it's the double action then that has a safe feature. If you have the trigger pulled and drop the hammer will it reach the firing pin?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting, I wonder if it's the double action then that has a safe feature. If you have the trigger pulled and drop the hammer will it reach the firing pin?

I am going to say yes but I will check tonite

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93