Homicide ? Alec Baldwin

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alec Baldwin is an actor who uses his influence to sway the political world by his own personal opinions, in essence he is a puppet for the communist left. He is a hypocrite who supports anti 2nd amendment rhetoric that goes against the fabric of our nation's laws and profits from it, he used a gun that was going to make a movie to help him make money. He will most likely get off scott free not because he is innocent of these charges but becuase he is a rich man with deep pockets.
At one time in this country you could leave a baby or your pet in a car and if died you would be consoled becuase of the trauma that it will effect you for the rest of you life and the lives of your family. That has changed dramatically in society's eyes, people want those people held accountable for their actions not because they are immoral heathens but because they don't have the money to get away with murder like Alec Baldwin is. The laws are not passed to keep a society safe from negligent people, laws are made for putting money into a corrupt system that at one time was considered an honest mistake.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alec wife had a baby after all this took place, I still think they had this baby so if charges are brought against him, he will plead with the court that the baby needs its father. Could be wrong but doubt it.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok. I am gonna play Devils advocate here... idiot was given a gun by someone who told him it's good. There were 2 folks in front of him responsible for insuring it wasn't hot. This scenario has played out what? Thousands of times? on movie sets without incident. Should he have checked it himself? Certainly. But, these dipshits aren't gun folks. Anti in fact. They know nothing and I am sure trust the ammo guy and the set director who hands them the weapon. Not sure how much culpability he has here.
perfect reason for not using a operable gun as a " movie prop " . Remove the operable gun from the equation and this does not happen. Even with someone telling him the gun " was good" did that make the chance of it being loaded at ZERO?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alec wife had a baby after all this took place, I still think they had this baby so if charges are brought against him, he will plead with the court that the baby needs its father. Could be wrong but doubt it.
How many fathers or even mothers are in prison that have children ?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd be REALLY interested to see how this played out if the justice system were truly "blind". What I mean by that is the jury members don't know and never see who's being tried, just the lawyers, witnesses, and their arguments.

I realize this goes against facing your accuser as well as testifying yourself. More of an:

"I wonder??" moment rather than an "I wish" moment.

I do really wonder why on earth there'd ever be live ammo that chambers in a firearm to be used in a movie, or for that manner fully operable firearms on a movie set??

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i don't understand this either ^^^. if you would have asked me to put $1000 on whether movies use "real" guns, i know without hesitation i would have my $ on "no".

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've been a Hunter Safety Instructor for more than 30 years.. In the beginning we brought our own firearms to class to teach about function as well as safe-handling. Never put a live round in the gun. Had some dummy rounds to use and I always used a bullet with no primer. No primer, no possibility of gun going off. Then the G&F started to provide guns to demo. These were actually operational guns so we didn't have students dropping our personal firearms. Now the G&F provides non-operational guns. Don't know about firing pins but triggers don't work. Not the most smooth operations firearms but are completely safe.

Rule 1 used in such classes. IF SOMEONE HANDS YOU A GUN OR YOUR PICK ONE UP TO LOOK AT IT, OPEN CHAMBER TO INSURE GUN IS UNLOADED. Make that a habit for the rest of your life and the chance of an accidental shooting i virtually 0.

At the same time, accidents happen. Not sure of a proper punishment for such accidents. For me I would feel so much remorse that any jail time would be minimal compared to living with the guilt the rest of my life.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
lets assume a guilty verdict for a minute. does anyone believe he will get jail time? let me preface this by saying i can't stand that smug, arrogant, piece of shit. but, he won't. and not necessarily because of who he is. its the circumstances, lack of criminal history for a 64+ year old man, lack of intent, etc... someone in his exact same position wouldn't face jail time in 99% of cases across the country. think "hunter accidently shoots friend" type scenarios. that can often be way beyond just "negligence". i can't remember the last time i heard of one of those cases serving actual jail time. hell the guy who handed him the gun is only getting six months of probation. you realize a class b misdemeanor 2nd offense dui mandates 10 days in jail and often includes a year of probation in north dakota? i hate to say it. but, you are letting your hatred for the man cloud your judgment on this case.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been a Hunter Safety Instructor for more than 30 years.. In the beginning we brought our own firearms to class to teach about function as well as safe-handling. Never put a live round in the gun. Had some dummy rounds to use and I always used a bullet with no primer. No primer, no possibility of gun going off. Then the G&F started to provide guns to demo. These were actually operational guns so we didn't have students dropping our personal firearms. Now the G&F provides non-operational guns. Don't know about firing pins but triggers don't work. Not the most smooth operations firearms but are completely safe.

Rule 1 used in such classes. IF SOMEONE HANDS YOU A GUN OR YOUR PICK ONE UP TO LOOK AT IT, OPEN CHAMBER TO INSURE GUN IS UNLOADED. Make that a habit for the rest of your life and the chance of an accidental shooting i virtually 0.

At the same time, accidents happen. Not sure of a proper punishment for such accidents. For me I would feel so much remorse that any jail time would be minimal compared to living with the guilt the rest of my life.
i dont know about you guys:

with a pistola --- i am always checking it --- plus the hammer on my old west gun is hard to pull back imo. Its pretty much raised and on q before i pull the hammer back. Plus if i was going to dry fire it. I pulling the cyl am checking that cylinder over twice sometimes to make sure its empty.

My question though with this idiot saying he didnt pull the trigger ---- did the scene they were in require him to shoot?? point or otherwise?? I never heard the real story on that.

I hate semis for hunting - but i do shoot one for pheasants. I am l-handed i as i walk along i am always checking the safe -- over and over over . Kinda like a billfold or a cell phone.
Deer - bolt is open and sf.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back pressure/continuous holding on the trigger, pulling back the hammer and releasing will fire the gun. It was used in the Hills to not emanate a metallic "click" in the woods with single bbl shotguns and lever action rifles. Point being: When the hammer is back; release the trigger while holding the hammer in place...probably not best practice.

It's clearly seen in trailers Baldwin is holding the trigger and fanning the hammer. Had not such a contempt of the NRA been present in Hollywood this would've never happened.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think he deserves jail or maybe just a week or so. I think he is a dumbass idiot fool, but his crime should hurt his pocketbook more than his freedom.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't it be just wonderful if Alec gets found not guilty, and the Assistant Director does a short stint in the clink? The arrogant prick would probably use this in the future in his anti-gun propaganda as to how guns, and not people, kill people.

I would have to imagine the attorneys are closely looking at the video of this and honing in on his trigger finger. The whole case may hinge on whether he did, or as he claims...did not pull the trigger. And for that matter, did the scene as written require him to pull the trigger.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought I read when this happened, they weren't filming at the time for the movie. They were discussing how it was to play out, could be the cameras were filming at the time though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88