It is official

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good for you guys.

My shake diet is not going so splendidly, as I have a tendency to over indulge on the Busch lights on weekends and softball nights. So the lack of food and eating less has been filled with empty beer calories.

I am down 17 lbs, but need about 35 more.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was working out in the mornings before work for 4 days a week. I managed 10 weeks in a row and went down 18 pounds. Summer has me skipping. Hoping I can find the drive to get back into the routine.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep the trying to starve your self to loose weight always seems to back fire. Moderation and movement have been my key if you cant eat and drink and still live life it is damn hard not to fail.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I learned about the Core-8 (now Zen) program and how it doesn't allow any pre-packaged foods, dairy, and gluten foods, PLUS going with small meals and eating more often. In the beginning you learn to consume five meals per day, every three hours. Two of those meals can be a protein powder shake.

So, I wanted to see if I could even follow the principles of the program without having to buy into it (supplements & powder shakes). I lost ten pounds in four weeks. I didn't find it too difficult to incorporate those principles and decided to spend $170 on the initial 8-week supply and started the detox (had to rid the fridge of milk, cheeses, breads/buns, etc.) while learning the main three consumables; Proteins, Fat, Carbs balances/mixtures.

Lost another seven pounds during detox, but have stayed relatively the same weight the past three weeks. Instead, my belt line is cinched up a couple of notches and the shirts are a bit roomier.

Started at 259 (May 1st) and now sitting around 242 as of last Saturday. I want another 12-15 pounds gone by the end of summer. I cannot imagine what it will be like to walk field and coulee all fall/winter for pheasant with that 30lbs off of my knees/back.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess what I have noticed is that most if not all "diets" are doomed to fail. The reason being "diets" have a start and an end to them so when you go back to your old habits you usually gain your weight back and sometimes more. The best way is to make a lifestyle change and stick with it...increase exercise,change eating habits,ect. That being said I am weak so therefore I am overweight...haha

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ruined myself from a young age. Burning calories through two wrestling practices all while on an empty stomach. Every time a diet is caloric restrictive, I snub my nose at it. I don't ever want to feel hungry ALL the time again. I work out 4 mornings a week and try to eat right but i'll still put a hurting on wings and pizza.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old topic I know but I am curious how you all have done with dropping the extra weight.

Personally - I have shed just about 60 pounds and am back down to where I should be bouncing between 148 to 151lbs - down from about 205/208.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have been a piece of lazy crap since coming back from idaho up from 172 to 185 or so and can really feel it. I am getting my self a bow flex for christmas to add something new to working out

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
BowflexLaundry.jpg
Bowflex roughly one year after purchase

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old topic I know but I am curious how you all have done with dropping the extra weight.

Personally - I have shed just about 60 pounds and am back down to where I should be bouncing between 148 to 151lbs - down from about 205/208.

148 to 151??? What are you 4'10" ??

Seriously though....that's pretty awesome to have the will power to lose that much!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

HOW

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've been meaning to bring this up again... i hit a high of 238 after the holidays last year. i shed about 10 pounds in january. then started a 10 or 11 week weight loss competition with my friends in mid february. i shed another 30 during that competition and got down to 198 i think. i hovered there all summer. and did another 8 weeks with some relatives starting labor day monday. admittedly i fluffed up a bit on purpose before the competition started to 206. a lot of that was water and/beer from labor day weekend. i weighed in at the end of the 8 weeks in early november at 182. so, i dropped 55 pounds from january to november. today i sit at right about 190. my fitness pal was an informative app when it came to calorie counting. its amazing how much food you can eat if its the right food. its also amazing how little you have to eat if its the wrong food. you can gorge on vegetables and 4 to 8 ounces of protein if you don't cook it in butter, oil, etc... and still be under 250 calories. on the other hand, add a bit of dressing or oil and you can easily double the caloric intake with just things like that.

i didn't really exercise. i watched what i ate. its a LOT easier to not eat 300 calories than it is to try to work off the same 300. also... i had to dumb my beloved budweiser for busch lattes. 50 less calories and 1/3 of the carbs. nearly the same alcohol content.

Last edited:

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
148 to 151??? What are you 4'10" ??

Seriously though....that's pretty awesome to have the will power to lose that much!

5' 6".... OK Ok - 5' 5.5" I round up.

- - - Updated - - -

Believe it or not - By eating!

Ok, there's more too it. I've been doing a modified version of KETO. With keto, the goal is to go about 20 grams of carbs. I couldn't do it. I am somewhat active but I certainly don't live in a gym. I do have a machine similar to the bow flex that I use occasionally and I do have a elliptical that I use. When I tried to go below 50 grams of carbs a day, I was absolutely whipped by the end of the week. 0 energy. I know there is a transition phase but I changed it up anyways.

To be honest, I haven't used either machine in the last few months because I've been working on finishing the basement but I will get back on them soon.

Back to eating - What has worked for me is keeping carbs between 80 to 100 grams per day. More meats and veggies/lettuce/spinach. Potatoes occasionally. Pasta and rice are down to once in a while.

Now this isn't bad as it sounds, I still have a bun with my hamburger and yes I still have pizza and dairy queen blizzards once in a while.

I do go through a bunch of eggs now though. Breakfast was the biggest switch for me. instead of some sort of cereal and milk, breakfast is now 2 eggs and a meat product.

Getting rid of soda was the biggest contributing factor. I drank way too much of it.

What I have found is my daily caloric intake looks like a roller coaster. Up and then down then up and down with an occasional jump up.

My daily calories end up between 1200 calories to 1600/1700 calories with the occasional jump up to 2000 to 2300. The majority of the time I am not hungry at all and some days I will go 12 to 18 hrs before I feel I need to eat again.

ETA - I have a desk job so I still all day long.

ETA2 - I have had a do quite a bit of traveling over the past year for work as well. Following this plan wasn't as hard as I thought it would be having to eat out all the time.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pre Idaho was working out and hiking with weight in my pack six days a week and eating clean. My goal is no processed foods. Since coming back I am pretty much like a crack head back on sugar and bad food but getting back at it. Lost 8 pounds this weekend with the flu it was the worst ever

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
5' 5.5 -148 to 151lbs.................... So this makes you a short, skinny, little titty sprinkler. :;:stirthepot ::boxing:: :;:muahaha

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
5' 5.5 -148 to 151lbs.................... So this makes you a short, skinny, little titty sprinkler. :;:stirthepot ::boxing:: :;:muahaha

Lol.... Funny thing was I didn't have a big ol gut at my biggest. Started to get one though. I was proportionally bigger and carried it well.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just messing with ya. Good for you on the weight loss/control. :;:thumbsup I'm 6'2" and 245lbs. My wife says I don't have much of an ass,;:;rofl so that tells you where I carry the extra weight.:(. Could be from the beer I like to drink. ;:;boozer

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i was gonna get into the ketosis thing. but, figured it would be a bit over the top for this discussion. since someone else brought it up... i was in ketosis about 3 or 4 different times over the course of the 2 weight loss "challenges". it is noticeable and the weight certainly sheds. i am pondering one more attempt before x-mas and then a couple of weeks after x-as. i would really like to hit 175 and hover at 180. then maybe hit the weights and firm things up a bit.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51