MR Langeliers - Lake Oahe

Hole in my Net

Anyone having any luck fishing at Langeliers? Was thinking about taking the kids down there in the morning and was wondering if it's worthwhile.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish are abundant. I've been down there a few times over the past two weeks. Literally, whatever your throw in the water should catch something. In one day I have caught a catfish, SM bass, whitebass, perch, crappie, pike, and walleye.

A couple of trends as of late, the walleye are getting fewer and smaller. You will most likely have to catch 6 eyes to find a keeper, most we've kept on a ~4.5-6 hr fishing day is 9 above 14" of our possible 15 limit. Slip bobbers and crankbaits will really up your bass catch. Both SM and white. Minnows and crawlers are still pretty much equal on spinners. Depth is all over the spectrum. I've done somewhat better with size by going in the 6-10 ft range, but at least as good of numbers is coming out of 13+ ft of water. Colors? Most seem to work, but it's flipped daily. Purple cranks one day killed the bass, spinners with green or blue and either a white or metallic background the next.

Lastly, some of the smaller lakes out in the Prairie Pothole Region are hitting really well now, others are the absolute Dead Sea. If I wanted to put a fish on the hook, I'd head to Oahe. If I wanted a fair catch rate and quality fish, I'd take a stab at some of those smaller lakes that NDGF has been stocking for years. The epitome of a risk vs reward situation. It would appear the shittier the ramp, the better the fishing.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want quality and quantity I’d drive to west Sak and do whatever you want and come home with a limit of 17”+ walleyes

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s that lights out…. The drive from Bismarck is worth it if you have kids. Stop at the garrison DQ make memories it’s unreal

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Further south in Mobridge. My brother was out this morning and they had 3 man limit in 1 h 30 min. He said ramp parking lots full.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
A lot of trucks and trailers on Saturday, but Sunday wasn't bad. We were short on our limit Saturday due to getting out late and the wind picking up. Sunday we caught our limit, nothing under 14". Caught some 19's and 17's. Hopefully the good fishing keeps up down there.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
LOTS of rigs out there this weekend!!

Picked up a 23" and a 25". Pard also nabbed a 23". Didn't keep anything under 16" with limits Saturday and Sunday.

TONS of 10-15" fish. We went south from the landing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 196
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88