locksmiths turtle mountains??

DareDevilDave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Canon 64 gun safe won't open and keypad works fine but canon said it's the inside. They said I need to contact a locksmith so I'm wondering if there's any locksmiths in the turtle mountain area???

Thanks

DareDevilDave

Founding Member
Founding Member
From their website
try hitting the door around the lock with a rubber mallet, this can help loosen a part that may be stuck.
I tried that a few times no luck. I've only had this safe 2 years and nothing but problems. Replaced keypads when they stop working and the board when the safe would open by itself.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I tried that a few times no luck. I've only had this safe 2 years and nothing but problems. Replaced keypads when they stop working and the board when the safe would open by itself.
Good to know..I wont be purchasing that brand in the future. Good luck getting it open.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
While not a gun safe, I had a medium size fire safe with similar issues. Was instructed to heat the mechanism (metal) around area where bolt engages with a heat gun (paint remover) and then use the vibrating action of a hammer drill in same area where heat applied. Worked for me on first try.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
While not a gun safe, I had a medium size fire safe with similar issues. Was instructed to heat the mechanism (metal) around area where bolt engages with a heat gun (paint remover) and then use the vibrating action of a hammer drill in same area where heat applied. Worked for me on first try.
I had to do this to a stripper in Guam for her to make me eggs.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Canon 64 gun safe won't open and keypad works fine but canon said it's the inside. They said I need to contact a locksmith so I'm wondering if there's any locksmiths in the turtle mountain area???

Thanks
Doesn't the safe have a backup key behind the electronic key pad ?

Last edited:

HammsRMK

Honored Member
I have one of those also. Dumb question but did you change the battery? I have to change mine about every 2-3 months. It will beep like its working but its working, but I can not turn the handle.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had a larger Cannon for about 20 years with no problems (knocking on wood)! One thing for certain though is you have to have the star that opens the safe in a neutral position. If it is all of the way against the stop either clockwise or counterclockwise, it will not unlatch. When I brought it home I couldn't get it to open. Of course the handles were locked inside so all I had to turn was the knob. I took a large bolt but smaller than the handles, stuck it in one of the holes, got the knob in a neutral position, and she opened right up. No more issues except changing the batter(ies) every few years.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 133
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 46