Long range shooting

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha That has to be Uncle Steve's kid, Thought I heard steel on shots 1 ,4 and 5

Actually that is Frank gali owner of snipershide and former scout sniper. It was a spoof video but the tactical thumb is a real deal kinda spec ops thing;)

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is uncle Steve related to Pizza Steve?

image.jpg

Airwolf1972

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurtr, what is the recoil on a 6.5creedmoor comparable to? Been looking for another medium caliber rifle, was looking at a 260 for the wife to use during deer season just so I could justify it, she is using one of my 243 right now but don't want to get something with too much more recoil.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not much more than a 243. With my heavy gun it is like shooting a 223. My kid would rather shoot it than his 243. But I don't know that is because of recoil. I think I turned a 10 year old into a rifle snob by letting him shoot it the past few years. The 260 and Creed are one in the same when it comes to ballistics. Just easier to find factory ammo for the Creed.

Airwolf1972

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not much more than a 243. With my heavy gun it is like shooting a 223. My kid would rather shoot it than his 243. But I don't know that is because of recoil. I think I turned a 10 year old into a rifle snob by letting him shoot it the past few years. The 260 and Creed are one in the same when it comes to ballistics. Just easier to find factory ammo for the Creed.

Thank you sir, That's kinda what I thought but figured it would be nice to have a second opinion, or at least an opinion from someone with first hand experience.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually that is Frank gali owner of snipershide and former scout sniper. It was a spoof video but the tactical thumb is a real deal kinda spec ops thing;)

Haha Yep, I watched a couple other vids and realized he is capable and was just goofing around , Couldn't help but notice the 3 dings.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well the BSA was like cheating so I decided to try another scope but I need 34mm rings that are 1.6" or higher I have 1.4"but the bell hits the rail.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well the BSA was like cheating so I decided to try another scope but I need 34mm rings that are 1.6" or higher I have 1.4"but the bell hits the rail.

How big is your objective lense? 54mm? 56mm?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member

I will second your opinion opinion Kurt. I don'the have my old program that gave me recoil, but I do remember the 243 was 11ft/lb recoil, the Creed 13, and the 308 18lb if that helps. The 6.5 Creed, the 260, and the 6.5 Sweed are all about the same. The Creedmoor has a shorter fatter case and it leaves you more room in a short a thin for long bullets. I would take the Creed before either of the other cartridges.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry I rushed that it is 56mm

If I had to guesstimate, I'd think 1.5" would work, but I'm not positive. With the Ruger rifle, you can use an AR-style scope mount. I like Larue, but they're not cheap

Hmmm...

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm a cheapass. Been looking at some "precision" rifle rest options. Think I might just go this route:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AT4Q9Q/?tag=nodakangler10-20
barbara-eden-jeannie.jpg

I'll throw a sandbag under the buttstock. The rifle has a long, free-floating handguard around the barrel. Think I'm going to devise a saddlebag-type sandbag weight I can throw over (but not directly on) the barrel to reduce recoil.

somebody please poke holes in my ideas. Appreciate the input.

Go with the Rock BR rest it is a much better rest and it doesn't kill the pocket book. You may want to replace the bag with a leather one which Sinclair is probably the best place to order one.

Founding Member
Founding Member
He's the real deal and he's from the area.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 66
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 22