Looking for a new fillet knife ...

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm looking for a new fillet knife... I ended up catching a bunch of perch yesterday and I had the cheap Mister Twister plug in electric fillet knife and ended up butchering two or three of my perch:mad:

I don't know if my blade where dull ... or if I was just in a rush because I had the wife over my shoulder asking me when is supper going to be ready;:;banghead

Anyway I think from now on I'm going to be filleting the fish on the tailgate on my pickup Ill just carry a garbage bag with me for entrails of course .... So if I get an electric fillet knife it'll probably have to be battery powered or if it's a plug-in one I'll probably have to see if it'll work with the 110 plug-in in my f 150... probably will need an extension cord to:;:huh

I've had the best luck with my electric fillet knife but that's all I've really ever used what about just a normal fillet knife? Maybe they're better with smaller fish which I have a tendency to catch;:;rofl

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hard to beat the lithium ion cordless knives by Berkley and rapala

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
"I don't know if my blade where dull ... or if I was just in a rush because I had the wife over my shoulder asking me when is supper going to be ready";:;banghead

Next time I would just hand her the knife, that usually gets them out of your way pretty quick! ;:;rofl

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, I'll be that guy. Don't mean to insult anyones manhood, but IMO, electric fillet knives are queer. This is all you'll ever need:
th.jpg
They're cheap enough that you can buy a few and stash one in the boat, one in the truck, a couple at home, etc, and still be money ahead of the electric.
In the hands of a skilled fillet man, they are just as fast and you won't waste / miss as much meat.

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
"I don't know if my blade where dull ... or if I was just in a rush because I had the wife over my shoulder asking me when is supper going to be ready";:;banghead

Next time I would just hand her the knife, that usually gets them out of your way pretty quick! ;:;rofl

Haha she wasn't being rude... Honestly she finds it interesting looking at the guts and eggs haha.... I was more rushing myself because she wanted supper and it was already late....

Told her this morning new rule: fish I catch will get cleaned that night but not eaten till the next day...

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot_20170122-091714.jpg

Well I went cheap and just bought some replacement blades and I found a set of hand fillet knifes for cheap on Amazon had 4.8 stars ... And a board with a clamp cuz them damn things were slimy yesterday!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Try a little cooking oil between the blades, they will slid easier and cut faster.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i loved all 3 of the cordless rapalas i had... till they quit working right after the warranty was up... i gave up and went back to the mr t pubic hair corded 1 again...

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
American angler for me. Lots of power makes quick work of a limit of perch. Mine runs off the 110 in my pickup also.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tidbit on fixed blade filet knives longer than 5"

2017_01_23_23_47_53_nd1.lc_sl_151.jpg

Dangerous weapons require the user to have a CC permit

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
"A few exemptions apply to this general rule. A knife locked in the trunk of a car is not considered concealed, since it is not in the owner’s control (that is, within easy reach). People hunting, fishing, trapping, or working on farms can also carry knives hidden provided that the knife is for a legitimate purpose and the activity is actually occurring."

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
"any object capable of prodicing and emitting a noxious gas"

Could Johnr get a felony for playing hide and go seek?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88