Marine electronics

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did someone pee on your Cheerios this morning???
I have two Deer rifles now used
to have eight. Still have three shotguns.
And the list goes on.......

Not at all, more power to those that "WANT" more and better. I'm part of that group. My new boat is on order will be here in a few months. I was just making a facetious point to 3Roosters since he was busy being judgemental. I mustn't have put enough exclamation points and emojis in it, lol :LOL:

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I only respond because there were question marks? ......................

Aaron, you don't need to justify it to anybody, just your self and your wife. That's all that really matters. You'll fight a losing battle trying to justify it to some keyboard warrior.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aaron, you don't need to justify it to anybody, just your self and your wife. That's all that really matters. You'll fight a losing battle trying to justify it to some keyboard warrior.
Not so much justifying; but providing insight for those that think others decisions are stupid, foolish, or part of some contest.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I work hard and all that I buy is what I do. Dad taught me work hard play hard and yes each to his own. Yes my old stuff is grand and new stuff is the same. Not into swinging dicks hate!

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d hate to be my former high school kid self working to buy a boat, reading magazines, watching fishing shows. Because everything out there now is based on high end electronics and live scope. Nobody is out there saying you CAN catch fish without them. I agree each to their own. But the electronics arms race presents a hurdle that can be discouraging for many.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As far as Garmin goes, you have to have the right model to get HDMI output (GPSMAP I believe). Have yet to find a way to get an Echomap to go to a TV. Not sure why HDMI isn't a standard output in 2023.
You need the 12 inch screen livescope to hook to a tv.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
The price will be dropping on all this stuff. Supply Demand It always does. Just like everything else. I remember the first graph -- or the green flasher for that matter. The price of that green box you can probably by a nice big ole graph build in inflation.

My thought in my boat --- i dont fish spots, crappies, smallys ----a bud brought his we hooked it up and the one fricken smally i caught in front of the foward face this summer didnt show up other then when i reeled it in. Every sunfish showed up though.

I will buy one but i will wait until the big increase in a gallon gas and the recession is at its worst.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d hate to be my former high school kid self working to buy a boat, reading magazines, watching fishing shows. Because everything out there now is based on high end electronics and live scope. Nobody is out there saying you CAN catch fish without them. I agree each to their own. But the electronics arms race presents a hurdle that can be discouraging for man

Maybe one guy wearing big T on his hat pretty simple fishing Mr. Bill Dance. Most get sponsor so use new stuff to advertise how some work I did

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_4426.jpeg

Correct. You need a GPSMAP Garmin. Pictured is a 1243XSV
Incredible picture quality considering the 'ducer is on the table! ;)

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe one guy wearing big T on his hat pretty simple fishing Mr. Bill Dance. Most get sponsor so use new stuff to advertise how some work I did
I totally understand the advertising, sponsorship, sell stuff side of it. But for the folks who can’t or won’t keep up with the technology side, the media and promotional side is leaving them behind. Finding current fishing media, particularly with walleyes, that doesn’t base itself totally of FFS is tough. Those videos and articles get people excited to fish. But if it’s out of reach, it can push people the other way.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I totally understand the advertising, sponsorship, sell stuff side of it. But for the folks who can’t or won’t keep up with the technology side, the media and promotional side is leaving them behind. Finding current fishing media, particularly with walleyes, that doesn’t base itself totally of FFS is tough. Those videos and articles get people excited to fish. But if it’s out of reach, it can push people the other way.
Correct no old school shore fishing or boat with oars etc.. just all new stuff which for some is not in the cards. I read other day some Bass series are banning forward facing sonar.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84