Montana Big Game Combo Tags

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to say just call them as i dont want to be responsible for F*&ing some ones license up. i know i used the wrong term when i said certification but was meaning the 10.00 archery permit for the 900 units

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to say just call them as i dont want to be responsible for F*&ing some ones license up. i know i used the wrong term when i said certification but was meaning the 10.00 archery permit for the 900 units

There is a permit and a license/stamp. Every bow hunter in MT needs the license/stamp. The permit is issued by drawing only, and that individual must still possess the archery license/stamp while bowhunting.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a permit and a license/stamp. Every bow hunter in MT needs the license/stamp. The permit is issued by drawing only, and that individual must still possess the archery license/stamp while bowhunting.

yes. BUT you need the license/stamp before the lottery this year. Before you could just buy it after you got the permit or the week before you went hunting.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
they are about as f'd up as the ND game and fish. Ive been trying to bye a leftover turkey tag all day and cant because the ND g and f website is f'd up and wont let me. for hopeless

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes. BUT you need the license/stamp before the lottery this year. Before you could just buy it after you got the permit or the week before you went hunting.

Ok, gotcha. I guess I always buy mine when I apply. So how does a non-resident go about providing proof of a bowhunter certification or prior year's license? I know I did it over the phone my first year, but I didn't have to do anything last year or this year. Is it just a one-time deal?

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, gotcha. I guess I always buy mine when I apply. So how does a non-resident go about providing proof of a bowhunter certification or prior year's license? I know I did it over the phone my first year, but I didn't have to do anything last year or this year. Is it just a one-time deal?

if gives u a box to enter in your hunter ed number and date you received your education. I just helped a buddy apply for archery elk permit today.

aron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never got the box to add previous archery info either. And yes for a archery only license, the now and arrow permit is required prior to the lottery.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol. This is all pretty funny. I filled out the paper app to avoid the credit card charge they give out. As I read it, you just check the box for your archery license, include your ten dollars and proof of a previous archery tag in another state (an unused 2015 carcass tag in my case) and a copy of my hunters safety card. Hope I filled it out right. I only wanted a general elk license so I didn't put in for the 900-20 permit. I think applying for bonus points for just a general license is a suckers bet. And why in the hell do they have two seperate bonus point systems?

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol. This is all pretty funny. I filled out the paper app to avoid the credit card charge they give out. As I read it, you just check the box for your archery license, include your ten dollars and proof of a previous archery tag in another state (an unused 2015 carcass tag in my case) and a copy of my hunters safety card. Hope I filled it out right. I only wanted a general elk license so I didn't put in for the 900-20 permit. I think applying for bonus points for just a general license is a suckers bet. And why in the hell do they have two seperate bonus point systems?

They have a pref point system for the combo gen tags , because they used to be no guarantee . And the bonus point is for special permits . Which obviously are mostly a tough draw . Right now the pref points are useless cause the gen tags are or atleast have been a slam dunk but they will change

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know. It's just silly but I suppose it just comes to naturally to Montananites.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
NOT SUCCESSFUL - general big game combo......never seen that shit before.

Permits are pending.

supermag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen that display before after it said successful earlier that day. Shortly thereafter my permit results that year came back NOT SUCCESSFUL. My Elk Combo is successful, but permit is still pending for this year. Fingers crossed!

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

NOT SUCCESSFUL - general big game combo......never seen that shit before.

Permits are pending.

Hopefully it is a misprint, but my guess is you must have filled something out incorrect on your application. There have been a few thousand leftover licenses every year since the price went up.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I called for more info and didn't really get much. They said demand is definitely up this year, but things can change between now and friday if there are leftover tags available. Not sure how it all works. I am guessing once they get through all the permit draws those that elected to return their general tags if unsuccessful, I may get a chance at those available tags, before they go on sale as surplus in May.

Maybe it's wishful thinking too....

I have heard of other people getting denied gen big game combos too. So not sure whats up.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like I was successful for the combo tag.

That will be very surprising if it wasn't 100% draw this year. Although like Whisky said, maybe the tags that get turned back in will go into a draw for the guys who were unsuccessful. Will be interesting to see the official results.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drew successful will be my first year headed to mt to hunt. Going to be fun even if nothing hits the ground.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53