CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
1670555514749.png

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plume? As in hazmat plumes?

I haven't tried it, but go to this site: https://www.ready.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT.php. It looks like HYSPLIT is publicly available for downloading and installing on your PC, but I don't have any idea how well it runs outside of our network since it needs to grab our weather forecast in a gridded format.
GEFS plumes. Thanks Allen, I'll play with that over the weekend....and most of next week by the sounds of things.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Told MAMA to pack for an extended stay in Fargo at her Aunts unless she wants to burn up all her PTO time. Takes the snow plow 3 days to get to our township roads after storm. Not yelling "chicken little" here just prepping in case. If me and pooches get snowed in no big deal. Buddy will come with tractor snow blower and get me out if need be. LB

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Told MAMA to pack for an extended stay in Fargo at her Aunts unless she wants to burn up all her PTO time. Takes the snow plow 3 days to get to our township roads after storm. Not yelling "chicken little" here just prepping in case. If me and pooches get snowed in no big deal. Buddy will come with tractor snow blower and get me out if need be. LB
Good to be prepared LB...

And have good friends to lend a hand ,at my age family all passed on,friends are dropping, my pup no help clearing snow but loves it.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Which site has this snow fall forecast? Will the weather bucket make an appearance during this upcoming storm? Wife is sick so I had to go do the grocery shopping. It seems like people are stocking up for a 2 week snowmageddan.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which site has this snow fall forecast? Will the weather bucket make an appearance during this upcoming storm? Wife is sick so I had to go do the grocery shopping. It seems like people are stocking up for a 2 week snowmageddan.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Ya..I watched that video last week. I thought that snowfall forecast on you post was a separate website. Hope everyone stays safe during this storm. I think we have enough of the basic groceries, beer/whiskey to get me through the next couple days. But again.....has anybody heard if we'll ever see the weather bucket?

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think worse than the snow is the arctic blast of air coming behind it along with wind every fucking day.

I can't get over how everyone is treating this storm like its the apocalypse. People cleaning out grocery stores, have an uncle who lives in a town worried if he is going to get to a physical therapist appointment on the other side of town on Thursday. I'm like wtf, yeah its gonna suck but we've been through way worse shit than this. Now having said that I feel for all of you in the SE where you might get ice, that really sucks especially if it takes the power lines down, hopefully this one doesn't.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think worse than the snow is the arctic blast of air coming behind it along with wind every fucking day.

I can't get over how everyone is treating this storm like its the apocalypse. People cleaning out grocery stores, have an uncle who lives in a town worried if he is going to get to a physical therapist appointment on the other side of town on Thursday. I'm like wtf, yeah its gonna suck but we've been through way worse shit than this. Now having said that I feel for all of you in the SE where you might get ice, that really sucks especially if it takes the power lines down, hopefully this one doesn't.
Been thru storms like this in years past,sad thing when freezing rain then Temps drop rain turns to snow,freezing Temps will kill off our game birds big time.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Starting to get mist and icing stuff up i hope it just turns to snow the ice makes it a real pain in the ass to move

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Yeah big concerns here about the game birds . Going to be a long winter for them . I was out this weekend and saw many partridge and pheasants not close to farmsteads yet .

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

It's not really a "which site..." question. That is the European model (ECMWF), there are a large number of different models out there run by different government entities, the GFS and NAM are run by the National Weather Service. Nonetheless, they all have their pros and cons, but the GFS and Euro are the two most popular so far as I can tell. In general since the models are run and maintained with taxpayer dollars, the results are freely available. So there are a number of websites that bring them in, but it's important to remember that the models are not owned by the individual websites, they're just freeloading off of your tax dollars.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Still have some wires down (bottom wire right off transformer) at the end of driveway, and branches hanging down on top line from the last storm. Just called again to remind DVE about it. I know they were real busy with all the poles they lost and I think my repair job got lost in the shuffle. We will see. LB

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Freezing mist here in Valley City. I've just upgraded us to "Super Suck". Oh how I love having to move around on a sheet of ice. So much fun!!

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have been having a fine mist here all day already, this could really suck big time if it turned to rain it's 28 degrees now

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My deck is soaking wet from the mist and my thermometer reads 31. Almost slipped on my azz right outside my door.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
was hoping for a final pheasant blast, but is we get this, its probably done

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Man, just spent my lunch shoveling. I got 15 inches overnight here in the home of Sarah Palin. Got 17 inches last Thursday and another 12-18 inches forecasted this week! Already at 42 inches since Thanksgiving. My oldest kid can't even walk in the backyard. We will pass the wettest year ever on record here by the end of this week and it's all came since July 4th!

Best of luck to everyone digging out. Stay safe and just remember; it keeps the riff raff out!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 92
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 60